Getting back into it with lower/upper body split

crazyfacials

Hi babes

The last year has been a mean roller coaster for me, took the year off (save for the occasional sessions) to heal my right shoulder, ended up having my C4 and 5 fucked and my left shoulder got rooted, gained a ton of fat, lost massive amounts of strength, got my degree while doing a project and 25 hours work, but now got told by the doc I have high cholesterol and might have the beetus too yay....so since I have less workload on me (save from actual work) I decided to get back to it, especially how I hit the big 30 now.

I've decided to get my body used to weights again by doing upper/lower body splits for a month then maybe continuing on while doing the same idea but a bit more intense (dogcrapp maybe), the lifts I've been doing at the gym are laughable compared to what I was able to at my best but I am hoping muscle memory would kick in, this is one of those things that make me wonder "do I train muscle atrophy first, or strength" , but since work fries my brain I decided to just go there and move weights for now.

My diet has been clean for the last 3 weeks, about 5kgs have been shed, although smelling KFC is still the worst torture, supplements have just been fish oil/multi and whey...got a tub of creatine but I think it's in need of being chiseled down.

Today was upper body

Flat Bench 5 sets of 3-8 reps

Hammer chest press 4 sets of 8-15 reps

seated dumbbell shoulder press 4 sets of 10-12 reps

tricep pulldown 4 sets of 10-20 reps (the machine is a bit funky, says 70 but it doesn't feel like 70 lbs)

lat pulldowns 4 sets of 8-12 reps

dumbbell rows 4 sets of 10 each side

plan on doing more cardio and all that fun stuff when I can in the morning and maybe night, hopefully I can dedicate more time to this

to give you an idea of where I am....I am pretty much near my old picture however with actual muscles

post-6927-14166824478478_thumb.jpg

Hi babes

The last year has been a mean roller coaster for me, took the year off (save for the occasional sessions) to heal my right shoulder, ended up having my C4 and 5 fucked and my left shoulder got rooted, gained a ton of fat, lost massive amounts of strength, got my degree while doing a project and 25 hours work, but now got told by the doc I have high cholesterol and might have the beetus too yay....so since I have less workload on me (save from actual work) I decided to get back to it, especially how I hit the big 30 now.

I've decided to get my body used to weights again by doing upper/lower body splits for a month then maybe continuing on while doing the same idea but a bit more intense (dogcrapp maybe), the lifts I've been doing at the gym are laughable compared to what I was able to at my best but I am hoping muscle memory would kick in, this is one of those things that make me wonder "do I train muscle atrophy first, or strength" , but since work fries my brain I decided to just go there and move weights for now.

My diet has been clean for the last 3 weeks, about 5kgs have been shed, although smelling KFC is still the worst torture, supplements have just been fish oil/multi and whey...got a tub of creatine but I think it's in need of being chiseled down.

Today was upper body

Flat Bench 5 sets of 3-8 reps

Hammer chest press 4 sets of 8-15 reps

seated dumbbell shoulder press 4 sets of 10-12 reps

tricep pulldown 4 sets of 10-20 reps (the machine is a bit funky, says 70 but it doesn't feel like 70 lbs)

lat pulldowns 4 sets of 8-12 reps

dumbbell rows 4 sets of 10 each side

plan on doing more cardio and all that fun stuff when I can in the morning and maybe night, hopefully I can dedicate more time to this

to give you an idea of where I am....I am pretty much near my old picture however with actual muscles

Should bounce back pretty mean bro. I more or less took a year off with move to aus etc (bit diff cos no health issues) but after 12 weeks of focus was stronger than i ever was, so you will get back to where you were long as you work around/manage injuries carefully

Will follow

Is old m8 dave thinking about popping in for a visit?

Dave wants to visit since he has a massive bag of tricks with him that he needs to share before we move over to the UK, but with the cholesterol problem we might want to wait for a while.

Currently the diet has been real good even when work does all these meetings where we are offered pastries /biscuits /cakes (we're IT...we barely exercise as it is) and I've been good with that, it's really the gym motivation that needs a kick in the ass to get me fired up, as for injuries I've been warming up more, avoiding the dreaded standing barbell shoulder press, benching still annoying my right shoulder but no where near how much it hurt over a year ago

annoying

Or the dreaded pies/sausage rolls/club sammies

Today was lower

Cardio x 20 mins x trainer

god knows how many leg ext (between no weights to 40 lbs....my knees seem to not be happy as of late)

they changed the bar on the leg extension in my gym so it's 53 Kgs by itself....

Leg extensions (weight is per side)

no weight x 20

20 kg x 20

40 kg x 15 x 2

50 kg x 12 x 2

got up and felt this sharp pain in my lumbar...and I still have it now, hopefully the chiro can do something about it tomorrow

Standling calf raises

165 lbs x 15 x 4 

ez bar curls

4 sets of 12, had about 12.5 per side so yeah still doing girl weights

15 mins cardio (hoping having more blood flowing would ease the pain.....didnt do jack)

im hoping this pain would go by tomorrow or at least decrease 

first day back after fucking up my back

strength is very slowly coming back, 

bench 5 sets 10-4 reps

incline dumbbell presses 4sets 10-12 reps

hammer strength chest press 4 sets 8-15 reps

machine shoulder press can't remember the sets/reps

lateral raises 4 sets of 12-16 reps 

shrugs 4 sets of 8-10 reps

machine dip 3 sets of 8-10 reps

rope pull forgot sets/reps

diet is still good, energy/motivation is pretty good, back is getting better with chiro visits

f*ck im terrible at updates

back feels almost perfect now, deadlifted the other day but didnt go over 120, with a belt on it was very minimal pain, getting a bit leaner these days and strength is slightly returning back...wish it was faster though

flat bench  

bar x forever

60 x 12

80 x 5

85 x 4

90 x 3  (mixed feelings about this, long gone are the days of me doing 2 reps of 130...then again 75kgs felt like a ton last week so yeah...feeling I'll hit 120 at the end of the year if everything goes to plan)

incline dumbbells

30kg x 10-12 x 4

hammer smith press

4 sets of 8-12 from 20kg-40kg per side , used a machine that has the arms closer to your chest at the start so it was a bit harder

cable cross over (bottom of the machine)

4 sets of 10-14

tricep extensions

4 sets of 10-15 forgot weights

overhead dumbbell tricep ext 

4 sets of 8-10 reps of 15kg

12 min cardio

ditched the lower/upper body or today because it is international women's day and I decided to work out breasts, I also bought a ps4 on friday and I have yet to unbox it....

• 2 weeks later...
Had to sneak in a quick workout yesterday before Russell Peters

Bench bar x 30

60 x 12

80 x 6

90 x4

95 x 3

100 x 1

60 x 15

guess strength is slowly returning back still... still about 5-6 reps short on the 100kg but hey we're getting somewhere

cable cross overs

inc dumbbell press

5 sets of 8-12 reps @ 30kg 

hammer strength press

40kg per side 10-12 reps x 4 or 5 sets 

tricep pull downs

5 sets of 15-20 reps

overhead dumbbell ext 

4 set each side of 8-10 reps

weight/bodyfat is going down nicely too, I am thinking of making the move to the UK near the end of the year, but Dave might visit before doing so!

• 1 month later...

been slack, new job (well a promotion) has me busy these days still gymming and trolling though

Decided to go back to 5/3/1 just to get my numbers up , have put my 1rm down though because I am trying to trim up a bit

did chest today

Benchpress 

45 x 5

50 x 5

55 x 3 

65 x 5

75 x 5

85 x 8  

didn't rest long in between else the numbers would have been a bit higher

Tricep pull down

130 lbs x 10 x 5 sets  (I think this machine not might be rated correctly because it didn't really feel like doing 130lbs, maybe 70-80)

Overhead tricep dumbbell extension  

15 kg x 10 reps each arm x 5 sets

Cable crunches

150 lbs x 10-15 reps x 5 sets

and just because everyone is posting their diets this is mine for the day

Breakfast 

1 cup oats + 150 grams raspberries + 2 scoops protein + 4 fish oil + multi

Tea quest bar

Lunch

250 g chicken tenderloins, 150g kumra 300 g veggies

snack 2 quest bar

post workout 1 scoop protein

about to have dinner, maybe 250-300 g chicken (got to finish the packet since I opened it already) with 150g kumra and maybe 200g vegies

prebed will be cottage cheese most likely