Soundsgood Lifting heavy sh*t

soundsgood

Yeah bro I chopped the 320 high, standard gym bar was flopping all over the show when I walked it out (not really designed for that much weight) so I broke at the knees instead of the hips first for some unknown reason and missed depth. 

BTW it wasnt the camera mans fault on Tom Lees 280, it worked on the phone when we watched playback.  Balls deep and one hell of a grind.  Bloody awesome squat alright

World record for 125s in GPC is 365 yeah, its higher in the 110s - bloody Dan Green - although I would like to out squat Dan Green too haha

Who was shit camera man on toms 280... Wasnt working that would be a pb lift! Wanted to see da grind!!!

strong squats that 320 abit high tho? Suppose after all those other squats it would be though. You are thrashing it!

What is GPC WR squat in u125? 365kg?

Na haha it was glitch in video editing software. I uploaded the original unedited vid of my 280 on Feb so I'll tag u in it

• 2 weeks later...

GPC national champs was yesterday

Was hoping to finally hit a 900 raw total and had my lifts all mapped out but it wasn't to be on the day

Weighed in at 117.3kg on Friday morning and then 118.2kg after lunch for bench only (I did both comps)

I weighed in at 124.2kg on sat morning so my refeed and rehydrate was pretty successful

Squats - 320 / 350 / 370x

Bench - 205 / 215 / 225x

Bench only - 215 / 220x / pass

Deads - 285 / 295 / 305x

Finished on 860 @ 117.3kg

And 215 @ 118.2kg bench only

Won 1st place raw male powerlifting and 1st place raw bench only

I am happy to win but just a bit disappointed I didn't claim what I went for which was the world record attempt squat and the 900 total. I sunk the 370 squat and popped back out of the hole through the grind point but got stuck at a point I've never failed at before. When you have 370kg on your back it's incredibly hard to take a breathe and hold onto the air, the weight just pushes the air out of you and my normal breathing pattern was kicked out of sync. I will start incorporating some super heavy lockouts and breathing so I can get used to the heavier weights on my shoulders.

The 225 bench attempt was okay but I stalled about 3/4 of the way, my usual sticking point. Just wasn't to be today

The 305 deadlift came to the knees but couldn't finish it off. After lifting for 10 hours I just had nothing left in the tank.

Extremely tired and sore today, burst both eye capillaries lifting so my eyes are blood shot and watery so probably feel better about my lifting in a few days once I've recovered but I hate leaving lifts I should have got on the platform.

On a positive note it was an extremely successful comp and I was over the moon with the competition especially in the 110s. And Tom Lee had a mint Comp too.

Court being the first female to total over 1000lb was pretty sick to watch

just a bit disappointed I didn't claim what I went for which was the world record attempt squat and the 900 total

I think that'll come soon enough. What were they saying about it being an "unofficial" world record attempt? Would you have needed someone like a scrutineer there to make it official?

Yes we would have needed 2 class 1 international referees to be reffing the Comp.

At present there are only a handful qualified who all live in Europe so flying them out was going to be outside of our budget at this comp. Hence why most world records are set at the world champs which is fair enough.

• 4 weeks later...

Have been dieting and training bodybuilder last 2 weeks as I try to recover from a strained groin squatting a triple @ 300 a couple of weeks back.

I feel and lift better around 115kg than 123kg so it won't harm my powerlifting.

Tonight was chest and biceps

Bench press

3 sets of 10 @ 165kg

Incline Bench press

3 sets of 21 @ 90kg

DB flies

3 sets of 12 @ 26kg

Alternating DB curls

3 sets of 20 @ 26kg

Machine db curls

3 sets of 12 (each arm) with half stack

V Bar bicep curls in cables

3 sets of 21 with half stack

Am pleasantly surprised my shape has returned so quickly. A real clean diet (4 meals a day courtesy of Muscle Fuel

The Muscle Fuel meals are made with exactly what I need.

I'm only loosely tracking my macros at the moment.  I aim for a kg of meat per day and around 800g carbs so each meal is 250g chicken breast, thigh, fish or steak and then I have 200g mixture of Kumara, potato, rice and pumpkin.  

I have 150g vege with each meal made up of Green Beans, Asparagus, mushroom, pepper and I will have about 30g of low cal sauce like Coconut Aioli or Smokey BBQ

I love the fact that I don't have to worry about meal prep ever and when its meal time I rip the packet open, microwave for 2 mins and eat.  They come out like they have only just been made.  Makes everything so easy 

And Im not just saying this because I own the company lmao.  

Real talk can back me up here haha

Yeah I get them as well but I have no idea what the macros of each one is cause I ditch the greens and add more meat and extra BBQ sauce lolol. I don't wanna pay for broccoli and beans lol. And I freeze my meals, u find the greens if you freeze, thore out and reheat it leave water in the container. I dont care anyway I eat enough Veges other times. I try to eat 2 per day which is going to be 1000cal or just over total. So 1000cal from good food is worth more than 1000cal from McDonald's as we all know (well some of us know that). Sometimes I just have 1 per day though. I don't don't count my calories and track my macros its kind of just habit I eat what I need to eat I fuel up before training and fuel back up afterwards rest of me pretty chilled. I would eat more than two per day but I can't afford it and would probably get sick of it anyway if I had more than 2 of them a day. I quite fussy so I don't like eating variety of diff meals I order same ones every single time as soundsgood will tell you. Lol. But yeah I find them really good. My favs are chicken thigh and kumara, basmati rice and meat pattie with BBQ sauce and chicken corn carne on rice. There lotsa other companies do it too, some my mates get muscle chow but they look like fucking shit tbh. And muscle fuel no problems with me adding more of this and less of that. Plus they don't stuff my order up either. It's all g.

Muscle Fuel is the only NZ company to produce vacuum sealed gas flushed healthy meals so the meals stay Fresh for over a week in the fridge

We are the only ones to have next morning NZ wide delivery

We have 2 different ranges with varying levels of 'strictness' and the ability to custom make meals to suit your exact requirements

And now we are also offering healthy sweet treats, breakfasts, desserts and snacks

Plus if you're a Gymnation member I'm sure I can rustle up a discount too haha

Yesterday was quick squats and calves session.

I have a hernia in my mid section that really plays up on leg press, leg extension and lunges so I pretty much just do various squats for my quad workout

Warmed up in squat rack with 6 sets

Then did 3 sets @ 220kg

12 reps / 10 reps / 8 reps

Then did a set of 140kg x 16

Some calves then finished. No time for front squats today, think I might train them with hams later this week

I left plenty in the tank in the first set of 220 as I was hoping to go 3 sets of 12 but it wasn't to be. Got gassed pretty quick with the short rest breaks. Coming back to the higher rep range with f*ck all rest between sets is gonna take me a while to get used to

Next week or maybe even at the expo I might go for a bald to the wall 220 squat set and try beat my previous best of 17 reps.

The squat depth in the video above are not all comp depth but not too worried. Legs are still feeling fried and I'm not trying to increase my comp squat at the moment. I don't think sets of 12 help your 1RM at all when you're at an elite level. It's just nice to change up your training every now and again

Last year at the expo Fitness imports had a power rack and they were doing a bench for reps challenge.

If there was a similar set up this year I was gonna see if I could do a double bodyweight squat for reps challenge or something like that

Be good to watch the big boys flight in the IPF record breakers comp.

Joseph Whittaker has said in his interview with NZ fitness expo website that his goal is 900 unequipped so be interesting to see if he can hit that before I do. Im not sure if he has gone 800 yet? Be awesome to watch him in Action, he's a bloody good lifter.

http://www.nzfitnessexpo.co.nz/guest-Joseph-Whittaker.php

Last year at the expo Fitness imports had a power rack and they were doing a bench for reps challenge.

If there was a similar set up this year I was gonna see if I could do a double bodyweight squat for reps challenge or something like that

Joseph Whittaker has said in his interview with NZ fitness expo website that his goal is 900 unequipped so be interesting to see if he can hit that before I do. Im not sure if he has gone 800 yet? Be awesome to watch him in Action, he's a bloody good lifter.

Would be a mint competition idea. 

big joe is a tank did 840 not long ago 305/215/320, wonder what other units will be lifting there?, its so hard to ever find out whats goin on with those guys!

Mean bro! Good numbers all round.

The NZPF records is only 800 total for the u120s and Michael Iovine has it. I realise you can only set the records at record breakers, Nats or world events so he could have a sick regional comp but not get the records.

Edit: I see he's doing the 120+ class and his listed comp PBs are 300 / 217.5 / 310 - 827.5 total.