Should we fund surgery after extreme fat-loss?

Pseudonym

Her fault she got fat to begin with. Loose skin her problem and she should pay for any surgery herself.

Its ridiculous and disgusting that ppl let themselves get like this just coz they lazy and have no self discipline. Her losing the fat again doesn't make up for her being a piece of shit for getting that fat in first place...lose skin isnt result of some random medical condition. Its coz she herself knowingly stretched it by choosing to gorge herself on excessive amounts of food. Theres millions ppl starving to death in world then cunts like this whining about having eaten enough for 4 ppl probably and not being given handout for getting lose skin removed. Disgusting.

f*ck no

if you choose to get fat you live with the consequences

i used to be real fat (lost 45kg or so from heaviest to lightest in  bit over a year after joining this site) and have some loose skin but couple things

1. it gets way better over time

2. growing some muscle fills it out (obv bit different for a girl but yeah..)

also, i think its disgraceful to ask for donations or expect to get it free, considering the chick in the article has managed to pay for overseas travel and shit, i did a bit of research on that chicks case

if u can afford the food and booze and whatever else that gets you that fat, you can afford to save up and pay for the surgery if you need it, but i reckon loose skin is the price you pay for being a lazy fat c*nt at one point (myself included)

edit: hugh i wrote this when you hadn't posted yet, but we basically say the same thing

Nope!

See if she can keep the weight off first...

Used to deliver stuff to the oversized menswear store in auckland. Met some really big guys 5xl ect who mmanaged to lose the weight and had resources to fund the op privately. None that I knew did because of the fear of gaining the weight back and then the long term post op complications would be horrific as if there is no longer skin available to strech your gonna be in trouble...

If she really wants the op she should get her "fans" to crowd fund the op in Thailand $1 each would more than cover it?

I wonder what the cost difference is between this surgery, and publicly-funded stomach stapling?

I realise the argument for stomach stapling the morbidly obese is that it's life-saving, whereas this is largely cosmetic - but when you compare the two, you'd have to say this girl's done more to earn it.

I wonder what the cost difference is between this surgery, and publicly-funded stomach stapling?

I realise the argument for stomach stapling the morbidly obese is that it's life-saving, whereas this is largely cosmetic - but when you compare the two, you'd have to say this girl's done more to earn it.

Not a matter of earning it. Losing weight doesnt give you any currency that surgeons accept .

If she wants to earn it she can go to work and save her money.

Public health isnt the business of rewarding people for dieting, its the business of fixing mildly sick people for cheap so we dont have to pay more and fix them when the problem snowballs and costs more money.

Its purely a cost saving exercise imo

Maccaz, should we pay for stomach stapling of lazy obese people who may die?

Nah

I know of people that have been less fat then my fattest and got it done and lost less weight than me.

Shit willpower = dont want to live so we shouldnt waste money on them. If anythinf cheaper option they should be locked in hospital room and given 1000cal a day under the door and theyre let out when they have lost the weight. Like a jail for fattys

Instead of paying for stomach stapling and drugs, I'd rather my tax dollars went towards helping someone who's actively trying to help themselves (and therefore reducing their future burden on health care funding).

IMO this sheila has done well, and her situation is more worthy of funding than surgery on tubbies who bleat "I can't lose weight" while they spend their sickness benefit at McDonalds.

Shit willpower = dont want to live so we shouldnt waste money on them. If anythinf cheaper option they should be locked in hospital room and given 1000cal a day under the door and theyre let out when they have lost the weight. Like a jail for fattys

Agree with this too.  If you want the health system to help you, you need to undertake to help yourself.

You want health-system funded gut staples or medication, first lose half the weight yourself to show that taxpayer funded investment in your health won't be wasted.

IMO this sheila has done well, and her situation is more worthy of funding than surgery on tubbies who bleat "I can't lose weight" while they spend their sickness benefit at McDonalds.

Yeah but that's not how economics works unfortunately. Best way is to reduce overall burden on country while still getting money off healthcare lol.

To solve this issue we should

Privatize the health system

Buy our own health insurance

Claim through your health insurance policy

Then if they refuse you can have fun in court.

Im as rightist as they get but how well would a fully private healthcare system work, wouldn't it be too expensive? Fully agree with private insurance though.

To solve this issue we should

Privatize the health system

Buy our own health insurance

Claim through your health insurance policy

Then if they refuse you can have fun in court.

Not sure if srs.jpg

Because that system works so well in America. No-one has problems getting healthcare, and obesity is unheard of there. :)