lower back/hamstring/glute issue

maccaz

Having this weird problem, dont wanna go physio cos never actually been to one that has given me anything of value but if i need to il go..

last few days my lower back, glutes and hamstrings have been feeling really uncomfortable and tight and sore. 100% perfect if iv been walking for 5 minutes but straight after standing up if sitting for extended time (desk job) and its pretty shit, also first thing in the morning when i get out of bed its uncomfortable. id say after sitting for an hour then standing up pain is a 6/10 so wanna sus it asap

strange thing is, after warming up and a few sets of deadlift i feel completely perfect, can touch toes etc no pain, but soon as i cool down and sit down or whatever for a while its achey again. same for squatting. exercise fixes it, sitting down fucks it

been like this for maybe 3-4 days

can replicate the pain by sitting upright and with straight leg lifting my foot toes pointing up, and its much worse on right than left

anyone had this before? any suggestions? 

gonna stretch hamstrings heaps hopefully its that

I think it might be inflammation of the sacroiliac joints bro. They're pretty close to the center of ur spine so can feel like ur spine sometimes. I get this too and pretty much same symptoms although I haven't gotten it diagnosed officially. All u can do is rest it bro. I would wait until there is no pain when sitting down before doing heavy stuff because you will make it worse.

I think it might be inflammation of the sacroiliac joints bro. They're pretty close to the center of ur spine so can feel like ur spine sometimes. I get this too and pretty much same symptoms although I haven't gotten it diagnosed officially. All u can do is rest it bro. I would wait until there is no pain when sitting down before doing heavy stuff because you will make it worse.

gutted but i think you're right!

cheers

You`re pretty much a few weeks into your Sheiko programme too, so that must suck!!

Yeah im unsure what to do now cos its feeling a lot better after deadlifting last night. See how i go today sitting at my desk today.

Hamstring stretching is helping a lot too im hoping i can just stretch lots and that will help

I found hamstring stretching provided short term benefit.  An hour or two after it was back how it was.

Do that leg raise thing again.  After your leg is in position point your toes back towards you.  You'll feel increased tightness and discomfort; you'll be able to tell if it's muscle or nerve related.

Hopefully it's just a mild ligament sprain causing inflammation, pressuring or trapping the sciatic nerve.  

The benefit of seeing a pro is that they can do the battery of tests for this sort of thing.  Even if you self-treat, it's worth a single visit to get the diagnosis so you know you're on the right track.  If they know what they are doing then you might be keen for a few treatments as well to progress recovery.

I found hamstring stretching provided short term benefit.  An hour or two after it was back how it was.

Do that leg raise thing again.  After your leg is in position point your toes back towards you.  You'll feel increased tightness and discomfort; you'll be able to tell if it's muscle or nerve related.

Hopefully it's just a mild ligament sprain causing inflammation, pressuring or trapping the sciatic nerve.  

The benefit of seeing a pro is that they can do the battery of tests for this sort of thing.  Even if you self-treat, it's worth a single visit to get the diagnosis so you know you're on the right track.  If they know what they are doing then you might be keen for a few treatments as well to progress recovery.

real strange, if it was a 6/10 on Wednesday, its a 2/10 now or less, not sure why, maybe it was just just some kind of sprain or something?

not gonna push it, gonna spend heaps of time warming up and have 2 rest days over the weekend hoping itll be 100% by monday,.

but yeah, if not perfect by monday i will go physio

• 3 weeks later...

forgot about this thread

literally was so sore, then did heavy deadlift session (stupid) next morning healed 

Lol excellent stuff.

I've treated back pain this way a bunch of times.  You do, of course, need to have a pretty good idea whether or not it's appropriate _this_ time

forgot about this thread

literally was so sore, then did heavy deadlift session (stupid) next morning healed 

Lol excellent stuff.

I've treated back pain this way a bunch of times.  You do, of course, need to have a pretty good idea whether or not it's appropriate _this_ time

yeah think it was mainly the stretching not the heavy weight

im always flexible after deads can put my palms flat on ground straight leg where normally i can hardly touch ground lol

I have this issue with Hamstrings and glutes lil bit lower back right now. I rolled and stretched before and after workout on Wednesday morning just gone, and now like Macca b4 I gotta do Deadlift tomorrow morning, even foam rolled this morning and will again tonight. Heaps of tiger balm.Scabbed a Tramadol off my work mate who has chronic back pain, will pop this b4 workout tomorrow..edit just read up tramadol...might impair workout tommorow.

• 2 weeks later...

I have really sore elbows after doing a 60kg dumbbell standing overhead tricep extension for 7 reps. There not really sore, I am still able to train with sore elbows. Should I avoid training, or will the pain just subside over time?