Secrets by One Republic violin cover

Leeroid

I presume you were playing back the first part while you recorded the second, Tom? But I see no earpiece - how did you avoid that nasty echo effect that comes from also re-recording the backing track underneath?

So, as promised, I'll record a video too. Just give me some time to get back up to speed. I had a practice session tonight - the first time I've played in months. It could have been worse, but I'm definitely rusty.

I think we should open this topic up to other musos who lift, too. Are there any others out there?

When I was about 5, I thought the violin was the coolest instrument ever, so Mum took me along for some lessons. After a few sessions, the teacher tactfully suggested that maybe I should wait a few years until I had more patience (or maybe just was less shit.) I never went back. So no, I don't play the violin.

I play piano/keyboard - spent years practicing classical style, learning each piece note by note. Then I discovered modern/jazz style where you can just sight-read the tune and improvise the accompaniment, and you never have to practise again. :D

I've also spent a couple of years on the sax (cool) and euphonium (not so cool, but at intermediate, that was the music teacher's favourite instrument, so that's what I got given...)

When I was about 5, I thought the violin was the coolest instrument ever, so Mum took me along for some lessons. After a few sessions, the teacher tactfully suggested that maybe I should wait a few years until I had more patience (or maybe just was less shit.) I never went back. So no, I don't play the violin.

I play piano/keyboard - spent years practicing classical style, learning each piece note by note. Then I discovered modern/jazz style where you can just sight-read the tune and improvise the accompaniment, and you never have to practise again. :D

I've also spent a couple of years on the sax (cool) and euphonium (not so cool, but at intermediate, that was the music teacher's favourite instrument, so that's what I got given...)

Oh sax and piano are both cool imo.

Would have thought both are lame in my teenage years but now im a fan