Dumbbells above 50kg. Where to buy?

Skeletor

Good afternoon.  Does anyone know where I can purchase dumbbells above 50kg?  Preferably id like the hex ones but if there are any others that have a smooth side to them so I can rest them on my quads before falling back to bench and don't want the bar stabbing my leg ( like on spinlock ones ) .

Elite and Number one only go up to 50 and id like to get a set of 60s at least.

Any help would be appreciated.

Maybe just get adjustables? 

50+kg would be hella expensive! 

I don't know of any adjustibles that would have a flat side when resting on my leg. I don't want the spinlock bar thing stabbing me . Suppose I could just harden up though and rest them off centre.

Im sure Geordie (Optimass) can source something

Give him a buzz at Number One

Thanks mate.   I just rang them and they have the Volt commercial ones but $960 for a set of 60s might not make my mrs to happy

Maybe just get adjustables? 

50+kg would be hella expensive! 

I don't know of any adjustibles that would have a flat side when resting on my leg. I don't want the spinlock bar thing stabbing me . Suppose I could just harden up though and rest them off centre.

Thanks mate.   I just rang them and they have the Volt commercial ones but $960 for a set of 60s might not make my mrs to happy

Jesus I was thinking 2-300! guess they charge by the kg or something

lol what a fucking rip off. just make some bro. buy 12x5kg standard plates and set of spinlock bars and get the plates that fit welded to bar and the extra ones welded to other plates. Or a very strong epoxy might work but i suspect it would fail eventually from being dropped.

as per attached cross section pic (for welds). id say red bits def be essential and that you should get orange bits welded too. obviously wont need welds round whole plate edge circumference just 3 or 4 spots per plate

post-11231-0-99215900-1421363096_thumb.p

lol what a fucking rip off. just make some bro. buy 12x5kg standard plates and set of spinlock bars and get the plates that fit welded to bar and the extra ones welded to other plates. Or a very strong epoxy might work but i suspect it would fail eventually from being dropped.

as per attached cross section pic (for welds). id say red bits def be essential and that you should get orange bits welded too. obviously wont need welds round whole plate edge circumference just 3 or 4 spots per plate

attachicon.gifweld.png

Cheers man. Yeah this could be the way to go actually . Got an engineer mate owing me some work so might look into that. Probably the best way to go.

attachicon.gifweld.png

Would be better off weld a flat disc at the end of the plates less welding and strong

attachicon.gifweld.png

Lol you could always buy a pre made dumbell from life Fitness (try $16 a kg) - they sell thier 60kg db for about $900 **EACH

Wouldn't count on an imported spin lock welding too well either

Well they wont be dropped from shoulder height as I couldn't shoulder press them anyway. Just flat and incline bench. Have thought about olympic db rods but still dont think it will fit enough on there unless they bigger plates which will restrict rom and I know you can get longer spinlock dbrods but again im not sure on what I can fit on. For now im going to train at another gym out of town .

Well they wont be dropped from shoulder height as I couldn't shoulder press them anyway. Just flat and incline bench. Have thought about olympic db rods but still dont think it will fit enough on there unless they bigger plates which will restrict rom and I know you can get longer spinlock dbrods but again im not sure on what I can fit on. For now im going to train at another gym out of town .

lol just go to out of town gym, do farmers walk or whatever its called with 60s the strongman thing, across the gym from db rack past reception and into car, should be round 100 steps, good workout and free dbs. if brave do multiple sets at various weights (notsrs)

Actually lolled

Didn't know where u were going with that Maccaz

hahah

slow day in the office clearly

just pictured doing it as the easiest way to get them given the price

understand the cost in setting up a gym if they're paying 900$ (or less for bulk) for a single set of their heaviest dbs..

Good luck doing near 100 steps on your first try though ;)

Whys that br0? I havent tried it but I reckon I would back myself to do that with 60kg dbs based on carrying them around gym

same i reckon potentially could get 70s even to my car as long as no stairs

imagine how embarassing dropping one on foot right in front of reception while trying to steal them lol