Calorie Burning in a workout

menofgrass

You dont even need to know calories used in excercise or even cal consumed to 'bulk or cut accurately' (unless you eat drastically different shit every day then cal consumed might be useful).

If your weight isnt changing at the rate you want just have bit more or less food til it is.

You dont even need to know calories used in excercise or even cal consumed to 'bulk or cut accurately' (unless you eat drastically different shit every day then cal consumed might be useful).

If your weight isnt changing at the rate you want just have bit more or less food til it is.

you're right but that being said, that would rely on your workout staying constant.

Yes and no... It will be the amount of work done over a period of time, rather than any one day that determines your bulking/cutting progress.

If you only train abs one day, then do a massive leg session the next day, that's fine - it's the average amount of work at the end of the week that counts.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a heart monitor band - yes...most commonly used for running (which I've previously done...)

I did however wear in in the gym for several workouts...

But inputting yr body weight...age etc...gives you a relatively good estimate of calories burned based on your heart rate...

From memory (its been a few years, and my memory is shite) my average weights session was 800 - 1000 calories...

YMMV...

For God sake! X's and O's! Keep it simple stupid. If you want to break shit down to the exact calorie then you are obsessed in a bad way. You're over complicating a simple equation

This, otherwise I suggest you build a gym inside a calorimeter room and never leave. 

Like Phedder said, it's virtually impossible to track actual calories, but here's two things you can do to track calorie expenditure:

A. Buy a 3b1 notebook for 5c and log your work outs. If you do five sets of five squats at 180kg, the amount of work done will be (broadly) the same. That'll give you a way to track work-done, which is, of course, where the calories went. It's only a clue (don't try to do the maths on x kg moved y distance in z time), but over time you will see how your body responds to load.

B. Check your food portion sizes for consistency, and log your weight. Once a week, same day, same time every time, that'll show whether calories in has been more or less than calories out.