New Year New Me (Skeletor)

Skeletor

Out with the old journal and in with a new one as pretty sick of the old one.

Been lifting for about 5 years starting at 59kg as a drinker and smoker. Gave up and shot to 72kg within a year and a half. Had slow and steady gains form there on. Fell off a roof about 2 years ago and broke my heel bone which stuffed leg training for a year and then took up powerlifting and currently today I am 85kg but average 83kg.

Age                      34

Weight                 182.5 to 185kg average

Height                  170cm

Sex                       Male

Occupation           Plumber/ Gasfitter/ Roofer/ Heating      Owner, Operator small business.

Current lifts           Squat 220kg raw,  Bench 150kg pause,  Deadlift 250kg

Currently running a bench program for 12 weeks to boost the bench with a goal of a 160 to 170 pause and in the second week and second session was today.

Hover pause bench.   125kg x 5 sets of 3 with a 2 second negative, 3 second pause hovering an inch above chest .

DB shoulder press.    35kg x 4 sets of 12 seated.

DB Rows.                   35kg x 4 sets of 12.

Felt great today . Bench strength is definitely getting stronger and the control on the way down has greatly improved. Only 2 weeks into the program and I can already feel the changes taking place. Got through all the workout quite easily.

Did chest today.

Hover pause bench 130kg x 5 sets of 3.  2 sec negative 3 second hover pause. Was supposed to do shoulders but got a callout to work for a fricken blocked drain and then another 2 so ruined my day so now ill train shoulders and rows with squats tomorrow morn.