Gymnation challenges.

Skeletor

• 2 weeks later...

max pushups?

It's a quick and easy comp to start 2015 with. Let's do it. There'll be a Gymnation shirt/singlet waiting for the winner.

Would have to be lockout at the top and chest to floor so everyone completes the same range of motion

Agreed. So the video needs to be filmed from an angle that shows this. What other rules do we need?

If it's all one continuous set, do we need to specify a maximum time between reps - ie, you can't go to failure, rest for 30 seconds, then squeeze out a few more reps. So maybe a maximum of 3 secs between reps?

yeah try keep the rules simple like :

1. film at an angle that can see tricep lockout / rom (chest touch witihin roughly1 fist off floor?) 
  2. max 3 sec between reps
  3. neither arms nor legs allowed to leave floor during the set or its over

would be keen as to enter, simple thing to aim for getting back to gym in jan like reach 40+ pushups by end of jan

Can we do one for men to after that with weights?

Heh. Sure! It just takes a bit more organisation.

The thing about pushups is that it's quick and easy to run. Not as scary as a bench comp for newbs, and more of a level playing field (because I suspect a big bench doesn't necessarily translate directly into lots of pushups).

Or... to avoid long videos of people churning out hundreds of pushups, maybe it's a speed thing? Most pushups in a minute?

i doubt there will be anyone churning out hundreds of proper pushups lol. especially not this time of year... would expect most to cap off at around 30-50 unless they've been specifically practicing them which haven't seen in anyones logs. bench day today i'll try remember to do it after my compounds or something. will enter the bench press comp too just for a weetbix participation award.

Oh yeah, I meant to tell you about this comp, Ryan - I thought it sounded like you.

what should i call my push ups we should do a comp on those!!

Hah! You mean the medicine ball pushups? I reckon you'd be lucky to get any of these guys entering that one. The only other person who might be crazy enough is Ryanstyles... perhaps it's a Ryan thing. ;-)

i doubt there will be anyone churning out hundreds of proper pushups lol. especially not this time of year... would expect most to cap off at around 30-50 unless they've been specifically practicing them which haven't seen in anyones logs. bench day today i'll try remember to do it after my compounds or something. will enter the bench press comp too just for a weetbix participation award.

I would get 100+ i reckon. inb4 prove it