Wrist wraps?

Pseudonym

Do any of you use wrist wraps?

I'm finding on bench press and other exercises where my wrists are bent backwards, I'm getting pain in my wrists. So I figure a bit of extra support would be good.

What do you use, and does it help? Are all wrist wraps created equal, or are there things I need to look out for?

was having the same sort of issues - brought some when I got the knee sleeves

very impressed at how well they work, got schiek black line 12'' with the thumb loop

they seemed to be in the upper middle of what was available at fitshop, but priced well 

Ive got Titan THPs which I really like. Great support and not to over the top. Just got the new SBD wraps last week and fark they are solid and a heap thicker than the Titans but almost to uncomfortable to wear. Like being in a cast and circulation gets cut off quickly. Best left for the heaviest sets so back using THPs most of the time

Iv got Titan gold wrist wraps they are really good! The thumb wrap helps to get it started and u can always take it off once they are on and tight.

Iv got a pair of slingshot gansta wraps on the way so looking forward to trying them out and seeing how they compare to the Titans.

How stiff are the Titans? 

Got some kiwistrenght ones stiff as, good for benching but no good for squats. 

I got some schiek ones shipped from US - just did a google search and compared shipping costs etc looking for the lowest price - cost me about $15 all up. I think they are 12". I usually use the thumb to wrap and then unhook the thumb (not sure if that's what you're supposed to do). Definitely helps. 

Right, I've gone with the GetStrength Heavy Duty Wrist Wraps, because they seemed like a good intermediate level... not too heavy, not too light... just right.

Although surely, if you wanted a softer wrap, you could use a hard wrap and just not crank it up so tight?

Doesn't always work like that. A stiff material wrapped loosely just leaves you more room for the wrist to move, and thus less support, whilst still having the roughness and uncomfortable feeling of a stiff material wrap.Titan  RPMs are kind of the opposite and why I like them, a tonne of stretch. Loose wrap for general work, crank them tighter for more of a full cast. Those GetStrength ones will serve you just fine. 

My wrists are fucked, have taken a lot of beating over the years. I'll rarely bench or squat over 100kg without them, sometimes I get pain with just 60kg. Most things I can train without, if I forget my wrist wraps I go home and get them haha. 

I can go heavier without, it just hurts, so why not? I've broken both wrists through Moto X when I was younger, gymnastics/parkour shit at the start of uni, and more recently snowboarding hasn't helped. A bit of pressure and support around the joints and no issues whatsoever. 

Yeah im surprised so many people use them. When my bench has been at its strongest I havent had wrist issues at all its when I feel run down/fucked from not enough sleep or drinking too often they feel sore/weak but at those times im not strong anyway. I guess I could justify buying them for closegrip bench though. How much $$ we talking for decent ones?

We don't all use them because our wrists are weak or broken. It's just insurance for me when I'm 60 I don't want wrist problems. It's like lifting straps you use them to train your back not your grip... When I bench, squat, clean or ohp I'm training those lifts not my wrists. They allow me to focus on the lift more. I don't care what my wrists can hold by themselves that's irrelavant.