Wraps/SBD's when ?

fng

OK when do you lot recommend the transition to either Wraps or SBD's

and what's everybody's preference

not really looking for assistance in the lift more damage control of the knee and associated supporting structure.

Never ever had a issue in the past, but just starting to get a niggle under/below my right knee cap (patellar tendon ?) kind of centre to inner side. 

Stretching recommendations ?, or go to a physio and Identify it correctly before I actually do damage ?

OK when do you lot recommend the transition to either Wraps or SBD's

and what's everybody's preference

not really looking for assistance in the lift more damage control of the knee and associated supporting structure.

Never ever had a issue in the past, but just starting to get a niggle under/below my right knee cap (patellar tendon ?) kind of centre to inner side. 

Stretching recommendations ?, or go to a physio and Identify it correctly before I actually do damage ?

If for only damage control/wear and tear. I would go with knee sleeves. 

Wraps put a lot of compression on you knee cap making the joint harder wearing. Whereas the knee sleeve is a lot looser and gets the knee supported and warm. Feels so good its like entering a nice warm, tight and moist p****y that probably the best way to explain it.

While wraps is like going in a dry tight p****y. Comes down to personal preference I guess.  

Well seen you put it that way I had to buy some LOL

Got some 7mm rocktapes, - also got some Schiek black line wrist wraps ... after all those mental images .... warm dry moist .......

Fitshop in rosedale, very helpfull, free t-shirt and shaker as well

So what sleeves does everyone use?

Sbd? Rehband? Slingshot?

Any better or all same?

Purely my 2c worth, but people seem to be favouring the SBDs - they're definitely longer than Rehband or Titan (amongst the IPF-legal brands) and seem thicker and stiffer. SBD claim they're the maximum thickness IPF allows (7mm).  Watch the footage of the NZPF nationals down in Christchurch in August for all the red-n-black.

Fit is everything... I have a pair of Rehbands, but get less from them than I get from my Titans, simply because, ordering over the 'net, it's hard to gauge what size to get. 

Pricewise, Raiselower want $120 a pair for SBDs, Titans are $USD 60/ $NZD 75 plus shipping.... Getstrength.co.nz has their own 7mm ones for $NZD 59 but they're not competition legal. 

advantage to training in sleeves? are they just for protection or give something to the lift?

I reckon my Titan sleeves give me a couple of kg, but it's a bit subjective as to why.  

I know they help keep the knees warm, they help the knee track straight, and maybe there's some actual assistance.  Might be different with SBDs which are seem to me to be longer and thicker. 

Plus, they're consistent - unless you've got a good wrapper who always wraps the same way, what you get out of wraps may vary from squat to squat.

Sbd? Rehband? Slingshot?

Any better or all same?

Check this video out. I think sbd's are very popular as they DO give you extra poundage and they are the only approved sleeve for the IPF (maybe?). But in reality all three are good, they just arent the same. 

A lot of manufacturers make IPF approved sleeves, including SBD, Titan, Metal, Rehband and Eleiko - check out the approved list here  http://www.powerlifting-ipf.com/51.html

Do these companies pay the IPF to have there product allowed for competition?

Plenty of other sleeves with same specifications that aren't on the list.

you got it.

Companies pay (very large) sums, I understand, to be IPF-approved, so they enforce the rules. Not approved? No lift!

Rules apply to equipment (squat and deadlift suits, bench shirts, wraps) and raw lifting (sleeves) and now soft suits and belts. The rules also strictly govern how equipment can be modified or repaired.

The upside is the confidence that it's a level playing field. Your Super Centurion or Super Kat should be the same as your rival's.

Sbd? Rehband? Slingshot?

Any better or all same?

Check this video out. I think sbd's are very popular as they DO give you extra poundage and they are the only approved sleeve for the IPF (maybe?). But in reality all three are good, they just arent the same. 

A lot of manufacturers make IPF approved sleeves, including SBD, ****, Metal, Rehband and Eleiko - check out the approved list here  http://www.powerlifting-ipf.com/51.html

I was only thinking that as every video ive watched of IPF lifters, they have always worn sbd's. no joke. 

It does seem like the IPF is a pretty nazi association from things ive heard. Like having to wear approved underwear. wtf

Sbd? Rehband? Slingshot?

Any better or all same?

A lot of manufacturers make IPF approved sleeves, including SBD, ****, Metal, Rehband and Eleiko - check out the approved list here  http://www.powerlifting-ipf.com/51.html

I was only thinking that as every video ive watched of IPF lifters, they have always worn sbd's. no joke. 

It does seem like the IPF is a pretty nazi association from things ive heard. Like having to wear approved underwear. wtf

That thing about the underwear was a joke... the IPF recently added belts, which aren't cheap, to the approved list, and someone started the underwear thing as a protest.  Previously, belts had to be made to certain specs, but anyone could make them.  

Without bagging CrossFit, I think Reebok have got the CrossFit games pretty much sewn up in a similar fashion.  There was a rumour that they were going to require all the competitors to wear only Reebok shoes...