Good gyms for strength and powerlifting in tauranga

Realtalk

Sup guys,

iv moved down the mount and will be down from 10th dec. I need a gym to join. Havnt really Sussed gyms down there for a few years and last time I looked I leant towards global in the mount... I know fitco off cameron road but not keen to join there.

any other good places? Maybe ones I dnt know about it newer ones? Will be in the mount but don't mind travelling.

Sup guys,

iv moved down the mount and will be down from 10th dec. I need a gym to join. Havnt really Sussed gyms down there for a few years and last time I looked I leant towards global in the mount... I know fitco off cameron road but not keen to join there.

any other good places? Maybe ones I dnt know about it newer ones? Will be in the mount but don't mind travelling.

Isn't there a flex fitness that opened up there? 

Wouldn't call it a powerlifting gym but might be a good start. 

I feel pretty bad, because Im not close friends with all the ''real'' people in my yr level (because my condition was real bad till yr 9), so Im not going anywhere for new years. I wanted to organise something with my mates but not all of them are keen. f*ck my mental genetics.

^ not a single f*ck given.

ok so obviously no one really knows, that's ok ill go look at them all myself and post back in here with the result.

Sup guys,

If you want to stay the Mt side of the bridge then for powerlifting you only really got three options, Bay Bodyfit, Global Fitness or in Papamoa is Ocean Blue.

There are a few other 24hr type gyms which I'm guessing wouldn't be suited for your needs.

Sup guys,

If you want to stay the Mt side of the bridge then for powerlifting you only really got three options, Bay Bodyfit, Global Fitness or in Papamoa is Ocean Blue.

There are a few other 24hr type gyms which I'm guessing wouldn't be suited for your needs.

Where do you train?

chur will check them out. 

Sup guys,

Have been to Bay Bodyfit,  36A Macdonald Street, Mount Maunganui, Kaye O'Neill works out of there with her clients.. decent weights and layout... Some of the lads I worked nightclub doors with used to train at The Gym  107 First Ave, Tauranga..

Bay Bodyfit was bought and rebranded as Flex Fitness in 2012 Troll.  Complete equipment re fitout.  Its a cool gym but since Jake sold it recently I heard the new owner isn't too keen on chalk etc.

Go check it out, my little bro's train there.  But Global might be your best bet.  I can tee you up with all the Powerlifting crew down there.  Awesome bunch of guys