Hodge twins on protein/macro intake, training etc.

FellowshipOfTheRon

Funniest bro scientists on youtube, they say a lot of good stuff but also lot of random stuff every now and then, I was pretty surprised when I read this article from them on bodybuilding.com. Didn't expect to see them on bb.com.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/make-twice-the-gains-with-the-hodgetwins-workout.html?mcid=EM_110214_nl_sunday_nostore&rmid=EM_110214_nl_sunday_nostore&rrid=17142898

Low carbs, bulking on 2500 calories and 120 g of protein a day is such a thing even possible at that size (206lbs (~90kg)). Also, looks like another IIFYM story

make-twice-the-gains-with-the-hodgetwins

But despite the odd indulgence, their strategy is quite traditional while being unique. "We eat 120-140 grams of protein a day," says Kevin. "I don't get a gram of protein per pound of bodyweight because I weigh 206 pounds. That's way too much protein because your colon and kidneys are getting a pounding. I eat 2,500 calories a day to get both stronger and bigger, because I know how my body runs.
"Find the calories you need to maintain growth, and then make sure you have enough protein. Some days it's real easy to get carbs because they're in everything, and in one meal you can consume all your fats for the day.

"There ain't nothing wrong with tracking your nutrients, but we ain't be doing all that. I eat what the f*ck I want to eat wherever I want to eat: Taco Bell, KFC, Chili's—whatever.

"We eat well, as long as we're getting all the calories. If you find your own way of eating that fits your lifestyle, you'll make all kinds of gains. I count my calories and make sure I get my protein. You can't do a bulking routine for the rest of your life or you'll get heart disease—you need to find how much food you need to maintain."

Though it might seem a little unconventional, their results do speak for themselves and they do offer a few golden rules for eating to look good.
  • Rule 1: Protein sources should be lean cuts of beef, chicken, and eggs.
  • Rule 2: Ideal carb sources are rice, potatoes, legumes, and vegetables.
  • Rule 3: Eat home-cooked meals and healthy choices from restaurants as well.
  • Rule 4: When reducing their weight, the twins eat 1,800-2,000 calories daily.
  • Rule 5: They restrict carbohydrates to 50 grams or less 2-3 days a week.
  • Rule 6: Eat up to 4-6 to six small meals per day.

Their in their 40's so no surprise their taking it slow at this point.

You can't do a bulking routine for the rest of your life or you'll get heart disease—you need to find how much food you need to maintain.

Inb4 some 50kg retard goes on bb.com and thinks they should skimp out on bulking.

Their in their 40's so no surprise their taking it slow at this point.

You can't do a bulking routine for the rest of your life or you'll get heart disease—you need to find how much food you need to maintain.

Inb4 some 50kg retard goes on bb.com and thinks they should skimp out on bulking.

whoa, had no idea they were that old man thought more like mid 30s.