Titan and Phoenix mastermind jailed

Speaking of "other ones", what happened to Allen Stubbington? He was caught up in something a couple of years ago, and has been very quiet ever since. But I don't think I ever heard what, if anything, was the outcome. Was he convicted?

Back on the Phil Musson case, though, this paragraph caught my eye as something a bit unusual...

[Judge Cunningham] said the Medicines Act was in place to prevent people ingesting unapproved medications made in unsafe conditions however noted that the supply had been taken by fellow body builders who knew what they were doing.  

"It seems to me that Mr Musson being a body builder was selling these products to other body builders ... Who knew what they were doing and knew some of the risks they were running."

Do I detect a note of sympathy for bodybuilders there?!

Back on the Phil Musson case, though, this paragraph caught my eye as something a bit unusual...

[Judge Cunningham] said the Medicines Act was in place to prevent people ingesting unapproved medications made in unsafe conditions however noted that the supply had been taken by fellow body builders who knew what they were doing.  

"It seems to me that Mr Musson being a body builder was selling these products to other body builders ... Who knew what they were doing and knew some of the risks they were running."

Do I detect a note of sympathy for bodybuilders there?!

I would say the judge was comparing it to a different scenario where someone may have knowingly sold something of bad quality, and the buyer expected it to be safe. ie his crime (well the aas part of it) was victimless

Speaking of "other ones", what happened to Allen Stubbington? He was caught up in something a couple of years ago, and has been very quiet ever since. But I don't think I ever heard what, if anything, was the outcome. Was he convicted?

I wondered about Allen, I've not heard anything either.. Here is the reported case..

NZ - Drug ring accused identified

The identity of one of the men charged with supplying hundreds of thousands of Ecstasy analogue pills can be revealed.

Name suppression has been lifted from Allen Joseph Stubbington, who was one of 11 people arrested in Operation Greenstone on charges of importing, manufacturing, possessing and supplying class-B and -C drugs.

The 55-year-old has been referred to as "The Book Keeper" in court hearings because of a credit ledger, known as a "tick list", which police allege recorded drug activity over a two-year period.

The Harley-Davidson-riding Stubbington, who is well regarded in the bodybuilding scene, is one of six accused who were refused bail after the five-month covert operation.

He will seek to be released tomorrow, along with Brendon Nguyen and two others with name suppression, including a millionaire businessman referred to as "The Boss".

Another in custody is Craig Williams, called "The Banker", who lived in the Metropolis tower in central Auckland and is alleged to have moved nearly $8 million to overseas accounts in just 12 months.

Police allege the men were part of a designer-drug syndicate that distributed pills chemically similar, but not identical, to MDMA, which is the traditional ingredient in Ecstasy tablets.

These analogues are class-C controlled drugs, while MDMA-based Ecstasy is class B.

Police allege Stubbington bought $4.5 million worth of pills from "The Boss" which he sold to a supply network.

When "The Boss" was arrested last November in Operation Ark - on exactly the same charges he faces now - Stubbington hired 28-year-old Cameron Blair Broxton to press the pills for him, the court was told.

Detective Sergeant Bruce Howard said police were still looking for the pressing machine.

The Book Keeper
* Allen Joseph Stubbington
* 56 charges including importing, manufacturing, possession and supply of Class-B and C drugs.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10835238

• 3 months later...