Pre workout - Whats good these days?

pkgr33n

Hey all,

Looking into getting some preworkout, I could especially use some for those lazy days.

Whats good to take these days? Never have I tried any sort of pre workout, only thing close to something 'pre workout like' was taking a lot of coffee before gym lol.

Cheers. 

I've done 2 Reviews on some pretty good preworkouts, work well for me, make me get the most out of my workouts and gets me in the gym and can barely get me out.

Check them out their in this sub-frum http://www.gymnation.co.nz/forum/diet-nutrition/supplement-shelf

One review is on Superdrive which im using atm and Love and prefer over all P.W.O's atm.

Other is Craze which isn't far behind and a good competetor, it won Pre-Workout of the Year in 2012, but its got some issues atm, but its still sold at some places, definitely doesn't dissapoint.

Hehehe... The other day I tried a sample sachet of C4 I had laying around. It said it was 2 serves, but they all say that, don't they? They never are. Besides, once you've ripped open the sachet, you can hardly seal it again.

A word of warning for anyone else in the same position... When C4 says 2 serves, it means it.

*yahoo* *crazy*

I got an Assualt sample tried in this morning made me feel bloated, felt like vomiting on the heavy sets, hot/sweat more and gave me a killer head ache. Wouldn't reccommend it. Also tasted like cough medicine. 

I don't take pre-workouts though unless it's some sample.

• 3 weeks later...

Mesomorphs still around? I assume its a revised formula without the dmaa in it now, or are you guys getting it in from overseas?

That was probably the best pwo ive ever had. Wish I had stocked up on it before the ban.

Yeah the DMAA free version is around here lol. 

Not to sure where to get DMAA preworkouts from man, very hard lol, and even if you do find a source overseas, could end up getting seized.

• 2 weeks later...

I was lookin at mr hyde as there is a bit of hype out there atm. I have read its pretty savage,alot of caffeine and a bad crash afterwards,so that put me off buying it,and the $85 pricetag in nz.

Im currently using the new formula assault,clean energy,no crash, not the same focus as ds craze,but that does have amphetamines in it(supposedly) so what would have better focus?haha

was a bit let down with the new assault,was hoping it would be better,7/10.

also forgot to add, i buy my protein from nz, but apart from that i dont buy anything else over here, I got 3 tubs of 50 serving new formula assault for $150 from bodybuilding.com,buy 2 get 1 free, as they always have these specials, but when you pay $89 for 1 tub in nz, Im sorry nz retailers, but you force us to do this*man_in_love*

Just before I drop a list.. remember that everyone is different and can have different experiences with this stuff for a number of reasons.... blah blah

I also dont go nuts on this stuff like I used to ... I use it more for those days when I need just that extra kick to get my ass into gear, like when I'm training alone, need that little extra for a second session ... or just being a downer and don't want to train. I found that once I got my diet reasonably in check and my water intake up to spec, I didn't need this stuff as much as I already had the motivation. The Coffe/Mountain Dew is a golden idea, must give that a try. 

Recent hits:

• Shotgun - Very Hype and Stimmed good for weights session .. RAAAH
  • Mr Hyde - Same again, intense... a little OTT.... PUMP IRON BRAH!!
  • Super Drive - Stable consistent energy and motivation. Suitable for all sorts, not stimmed out feeling but will become noticably mild (like pretty much all) with everyday use... get the orange mango.. tastes great.. fruit punch tastse like old ass
  • Craze - R.I.P.....you will be missed
  • C4 - Pineapple... yum.. great stuff, highly motivating and endurance is increased good for all sports and activities. Is one of the better bang for buck pre's out there.
  • Assault - Hieghtened focus and motivation but I found I crashed on this quite hard on a copuple of occasions when combining it with cardio
  • Juggernaut - This is my current that I use a few times a week. Orange tastes great and the effects are mild but consistent ... goodf energy and focus without a crash. Great for HIIT or sports training. 

Tried a few more but I rate these the highest especially Juggernaught / C4 for sports and Cardio. Weights and Gym Brah type training I would go with the Mr Hyde and Shotgun. 

DS Craze gets the shit done for me, would def recommend

Let us know how it rocks without the meth! 

Man... all that time I though Dendrobium was the magic ingredient Sad

You can still get the old formula from NZ Muscle can't you?

The one with 'meth' yep lol.

I hear some good things about RITUAL pre workout? I been reading up on a few other forums about it? Anyone tried it?