Acquiring bulk!

jimmybro1

• 2 weeks later...

Bench 120x6x6

Incline DB 40x4x12

Gym was to busy took ages to get a bench so couldn't be bothered waiting around to do accessories.

Made some good progress on bench considering last time we had forum 5 rep max challenge only got 5 at 120 now smashing out paused sets of 6!

• 2 weeks later...

Squats 60x1x5, 100x1x5, 140x1x5, 160x1x4 (paused), 175x3x4 (paused), 140x1x26

Hack Squats 2ppsx4x12

Called it early legs were killed after the set of 26 at 140. Gym was ridiculously busy people curling touching shoulders all increments of dumbbells being used expect 40+ all them betas.. 

Had another squat session last night. Cleaned the SBDs for the first time ever they were kicking up a stink!

Squats 60x1x5, 100x1x10, 140x1x5, 160x1x1, 180x1x5, 200x1x4, 220x1x2!!!

Absolutely killed the squats today and exceed the reps I wanted everything felt light. Second rep at 220 wasn't even a grind had another in the tank IMO

Strong bro... Dat SBD carry over lol. Video this shit mate.

Was pumping the rammstein on the phone so couldn't film and didn't want to be one of this people that ask a random to film.

Yeah I think I'm not going to bother with wraps for now. Uncomfortable and don't seem to get anything from them

blood test results in:

FSH 7.7 U/L

Testosterone 12.6 nmol/L

LH 9.5 U/L

DHEA 8.8 umol/L

From my understanding hormone production and sperm production androgens look healthy (upper end of range) but Testosterone levels low?

Not sure what DHEA levels mean they are lower end of range.

Saturday 

Squats 60x1x5, 100x1x5, 140x1x5, 160x1x1, 180x1x5, 200x2x2 

Front squats 60x5x12 

Stiff leg deadlift 70x1x16, 90x5x12

Leg extensions 2x20

Working sets of 200kg felt quite heavy on the back, first rep of each set and smooth but both second reps were grinders. 

I'm going to put it down to the man flu as a week ago I got four easy reps at 200. Registered for the Waikato GPC meet just trying to workout what I'm going to open on. 

Haven't deadlifted for months so will probably just do a bit of a token lift for that squat and bench will be the two lifts I'm looking to improve significantly from previous meets. 

Working longer days now and 6 days a week. I'm working right this moment that I am typing this..... 

• 2 weeks later...

Friday

Bench 60x1x10, 80x1x10, 100x1x10, 120x5x5

Dumbell Incline 38x4x12

Machine Flies 4x12

Tricep extension 4x16

Saturday 

Rest

Sunday

Squats 60x1x5, 100x1x5, 140x1x3, 180x1x3, 195x1x1 (All paused, beltless)

Leg press 4ppsx4x20 

Deadlifts 150x4x4 (double over hand, beltless)

Tried squatting without a belt managed to get 195kg for a paused squat which is a personal best. This Saturday heading out to Te Ahora to play around with openers and see whether I want to compete in wraps or not at Waikatos. 

After this meet going to take a couple months off powerlifting, body is beat to f*ck and needs a rest. Neck and lower back always tight, stiff and sore. Will go back to more volume training for a bit then traveling for a couple months over in Europe so probably won't be training over there just partying it up. Should be wicked though. 

Doing a 16 day Contikki will 14 days either side of it. Going to visit Belgium, Netherlands (Amsterdam), Prague, Germany, Hungry, Italy, Spain and Switzerland. Wanted to also visit Norway but will probably run out of time and its expensive as f*ck. Will be heading over towards the end of their summer (september).

Been doing some crazy hours on site so this is all the training I have been able to do this week. 

Good Friday

Tested openers for squat (220) and bench (135) for GPC Waikatos

Also here is a video from the rear. It looks like the bar isn't sitting parallel to my traps. When I was walking out would keep hitting the sides of the squat rack.

Squat sets were : 60x1x10, 100x1x5, 140x1x3, 160x1x1, 180x1x1, 200x1x1 (wraps added), 220x3x1

Bench: 60x1x10, 80x1x5, 100x1x5, 120x1x3, 130x1x1, 135x3x1

Saturday 

Lat pull downs 5x16

Seated horizontal row 4x14

Seated horizontal row variation 3x16

Seated dumbbell press  32x4x12

Lateral raises 14x5x14

Face pulls 5x16

Used mostly machines more of a pump/active recovery type of workout. Didn't want to load lower back at all, trying to stretch out the tightness of one side of my spinal erectors. Doing a bit of trigger point relief seems to be doing the trick and improving mobility.

After the squat and bench session on Good Friday feeling pretty good not particular sore or anything just some tightness in my lower back but that has always been there. Haven't been able to keep up with the stretching I use to do due to work.

Going to try manage my work load a bit better this week going into the competition working long days can take the motivation out of training.

All going good should get a 240kg squat at this meet which would be a massive person best. Considering I plan on opening with 220 which would be a 15kg meet pr alone!

Not sure what I am weighing at the moment. Don't really like to weigh myself to much as the number is always either to low or to high and influences my dieting decisions to much.

Easter Monday

Bench press 60x1x10, 80x3x7

Triceps extension 5x16

Ab swings 4x16

Doing Ab swings seemed to have aggregated something in my lower back. Icing right now as I type this. Hoping nothing that is going to affect me on the weekend