4 months of progress

byza213

Yea I think its the atmosphere for me..not complaining really about the gym and training .. just want to surround by beasts.. not annoying back packers that don't know what putting your weights back means

When I was  in NZ I went to City Fitness New Market and Strong Factory New lynn < loved that place :)

Whats PTC bros? ill use dr google

bro you're not far from PTC south Melbourne

south pacific is like a pleasure spa bro lol yoga and swimming pool etc, not right atmosphere for you!

and its a ripoff, someone i know post on fb today trying to sell their membership, 60/fortnight gtfo! 

ptc membership includes some coaching too i'd def recommend it

il be training regularly there asap once my work levels out so be down for a session if you're there

bro you're not far from PTC south Melbourne

south pacific is like a pleasure spa bro lol yoga and swimming pool etc, not right atmosphere for you!

and its a ripoff, someone i know post on fb today trying to sell their membership, 60/fortnight gtfo! 

ptc membership includes some coaching too i'd def recommend it

il be training regularly there asap once my work levels out so be down for a session if you're there

Its close yea I work in South Melbourne also!!

I don't even use those facilities lol!

I pay 20 bucks a week though def not full price!

yea man im down for a session hit me up!

http://www.ptcsouthmelbourne.com.au/

found this link wow it looks like the place to be..

they have a novus comp coming up mmm im not sure about my bench press and squat numbers of recently

http://www.ptcsouthmelbourne.com.au/novicecomp/

Do they have dumbells also lol?

i think so yup, will need to double check its a while since i been and i didnt use them, but they have some other stuff, leg press etc also. not just squat racks.

you should do that novice comp, i think monarchking (used to post on this forum) is spotting/loading and il be there to watch most likely

i think so yup, will need to double check its a while since i been and i didnt use them, but they have some other stuff, leg press etc also. not just squat racks.

you should do that novice comp, i think monarchking (used to post on this forum) is spotting/loading and il be there to watch most likely

sweet man well ive entered... basically for fun  and test myself :)

4th  of October !!

• 3 months later...

Sup lads,

Long time no post,

Did my first Novus comp at PTC South Melbourne

Won the  mens
weight/ weight ratio , weighing at 70kg

Squat 170kg

Bench 100kg ( least fav never do , failed at 112.5kg)

Deadlift 220kg

Need to work on my bench, squat and deadlift looking to step up my numbers on the next one, wasn't a struggle.

10 hours ago, byza213 said:

Sup lads,

Long time no post,

Did my first Novus comp at PTC South Melbourne

Won the  mens
weight/ weight ratio , weighing at 70kg

Squat 170kg

Bench 100kg ( least fav never do , failed at 112.5kg)

Deadlift 220kg

Need to work on my bench, squat and deadlift looking to step up my numbers on the next one, wasn't a struggle.

thanks man....yea really stoked hard out slowly paying off....

Yea i hard more in the tank to push..but being my first comp i think i was being abit conservative  lol

hoping for 120 bench 

squat 180 to 190

deadlift 240kg

in 3 months time ☺

be interesting to know the numbers for my weight class be awesome to actual do a proper comp

10 hours ago, byza213 said:

2 hours ago, Pseudonym said:

Hey bro, good to hear from you. Congrats on taking first place on your first comp! That's an awesome achievement!

That deadlift vid you posted looks like a strong lift - might even have been a bit more in the tank?

@Realtalk, how do his numbers compare to NZ lifters?

Real good for 70kg guy man.

8 hours ago, maccaz said:

Real good for 70kg guy man.

THANK YOU SIR...

3 hours ago, Realtalk said:

Well done mate. Here are our Gpc NZ all time raw lifts for u75kg male. These are over all comps - 3 lifts, novice, bench only, push/pull.

image.jpg

THANKS FOR THAT MATE, pretty good indicator, those numbers are possible!  

1 minute ago, Realtalk said:

For sure! Do you follow a structured programme?

Sort of,  not on paper just in my head , 2 heavy days 5x5 mostly and 1 day building up to 1 rms that's deadlifts and squats , also mix  it up with 80% of 1 rms and do 3 - 5 reps 5 sets..

I could probably start doing bench twice a week ,  I train mixed hypertrophy and strength as I want to look good also lol

How come you ask , what your thoughts?

57 minutes ago, byza213 said:

Sort of,  not on paper just in my head , 2 heavy days 5x5 mostly and 1 day building up to 1 rms that's deadlifts and squats , also mix  it up with 80% of 1 rms and do 3 - 5 reps 5 sets..

I could probably start doing bench twice a week ,  I train mixed hypertrophy and strength as I want to look good also lol

How come you ask , what your thoughts?

shit mate, thats very good results considering how often you do 1rms etc.

you would benefit greatly from a coach or following a structured program. Is PTC south melb too far to be your regular gym? from memory you were training in st kilda yeah? easy tram mish if u dont drive bro and could get some good coaching.

even if you  wanted to follow a cookie cutter type powerlifting program it would do you good, happy to recommend something if you decide to go that way.

13 minutes ago, maccaz said:

shit mate, thats very good results considering how often you do 1rms etc.

you would benefit greatly from a coach or following a structured program. Is PTC south melb too far to be your regular gym? from memory you were training in st kilda yeah? easy tram mish if u dont drive bro and could get some good coaching.

even if you  wanted to follow a cookie cutter type powerlifting program it would do you good, happy to recommend something if you decide to go that way.

Yea 1 rms once a week  lol!

Yea I could imagine proper program would benefit me!!

One of the coaches added me on FB going to message him find out rates etc ,   I work in South Melbourne so not far at all , yea im training at such a average gym lol.

Cookie cutter?  yea man let me know either way will be good to follow something , thing is at my gym people don't bash around weights a lot of poses, I think im the only one who wear chucks lol

2 minutes ago, byza213 said:

Yea 1 rms once a week  lol!

Yea I could imagine proper program would benefit me!!

One of the coaches added me on FB going to message him find out rates etc ,   I work in South Melbourne so not far at all , yea im training at such a average gym lol.

Cookie cutter?  yea man let me know either way will be good to follow something , thing is at my gym people don't bash around weights a lot of poses, I think im the only one who wear chucks lol

was that Alex? or Andrew? Both of them are gc's, few guys i know where coached by alex and did real good.

by cookie cutter i just mean a program you download from the internet and put in your 1rms and it will tell you what to do.

up to you whether you want a coach or not

i did alright with cookie cutter programs, better with coach. 

29 minutes ago, maccaz said:

was that Alex? or Andrew? Both of them are gc's, few guys i know where coached by alex and did real good.

by cookie cutter i just mean a program you download from the internet and put in your 1rms and it will tell you what to do.

up to you whether you want a coach or not

i did alright with cookie cutter programs, better with coach. 

Meeting with Alex tomorrow for a chat, he stoked I enquired

Yea id love to compete at some stage so I guess I coach would be the way to go!!

1 hour ago, byza213 said:

Meeting with Alex tomorrow for a chat, he stoked I enquired

Yea id love to compete at some stage so I guess I coach would be the way to go!!

if you start with alex now its likely he will push you to do the gpc vic states, which i will be doing too, be good to meet.

iv only spoken to him a couple times but recommend him off what my mates who are coached by him said (and they much stronger than me lol)