• NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community

Nate: a bit of history & 19 years progress!!!!

nate225

#1 – Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:15 PM

nate225

• 4726 posts
Moving house I found a scrapbook I was given for my 30th. Had some real blast from the past photos in including a couple of early BBing type pictures.

The first ones are from 1993, I was a first year varsity student (read pisshead!) but trained solidly and had been for 3 years or so. Weighed about 75-80kg at, and I'm guessing, 16% BF??? (Well I had ribs if nothing else! :grin: ).

The next two are from 2000, when I was about 8 weeks out from a show and decided to enter "The Body of the Bay" pub comp! I had dieted down from 100kg and was weighing around 90-92kg in the photo's (and eventually hit stage at 88kg then 85kg Nationals), unsure of BF, but somewhere in the 6-8% mark I assume??

I put these up as a reminder that even the most ungifted kid (aka me!) can make reasonable progress with dedication and persistence. Also I'll be hitting stage again in 2012, this time dieting down from 120ish at a similar BF as when I was 100kg in 2000. Will be interesting to add the next photo in 2012 and see what 12 years of dedication can achieve.
Update 2012 pics on page 3!
Nate

Attached Thumbnails

• 1993.jpg
  • 2000a.jpg
  • 2000b.jpg

Do not mistake the tears in my eyes for weakness; that is desire. When the tears dry and you see the steel in my eyes; that is resolve. With desire and resolve impossible does not exist - Nate Williams 24/4/2012 (low carbs!)

HarryB

#2 – Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:21 PM

HarryB

Most Valued Member

• 3403 posts
  • Locationsydney
Look at you whinging about being a skinny kid!!! You weren't too bad in the earlier pics ha ha ha ha ha

Good conditioning and got those mad delts in the comp pics. What I find most amazing is that in the comp pics you look like you have calves ha ha ha ha punch me later bro!

Misinformation and no information are the same thing!!

Grover

#3 – Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:33 PM

Grover

• 1478 posts
  • LocationParadise
:nod:
Good vascularity there Nate

Let us be thankful for the fools.But for them the rest of us could not succeed. - Mark Twain

nate225

#4 – Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:34 PM

nate225

• 4726 posts

Look at you whinging about being a skinny kid!!! You weren't too bad in the earlier pics ha ha ha ha ha

Good conditioning and got those mad delts in the comp pics. What I find most amazing is that in the comp pics you look like you have calves ha ha ha ha punch me later bro!

I bunch your mouf bro! :pfft: :grin:

As for skinny kid, my training started in about 1990, was 65kg trying to hit 70.
In 1992 (seventh form) I was trying to bust through to 75kg.
After first year (1993) I was up to 82kg and by 1996 I was 92kg. Took me til around 1998 to hit a fat 100kg and over the next two years I stayed at that weight but got in better shape.
After I competed in 2000 I had a year of cruising & playing rugby (weights 3 days still) but got down to 92kg again in very average condition. I then got back to 100 for 4 years or so at Powerlifting. In 2007 I switched to Strongman and could let my weight go up to 105kg, so I hovered between 100-105 til early this year when I decided not to restrict my weight and focus on BBing again. 112.5kg yesterday... LOL :pfft: :grin:

My old training partner, Big Sam, who shares your genetics, used to tell me he hadn't weighed 100kg since he was 10 years old... serious. :nod:
Do not mistake the tears in my eyes for weakness; that is desire. When the tears dry and you see the steel in my eyes; that is resolve. With desire and resolve impossible does not exist - Nate Williams 24/4/2012 (low carbs!)

HarryB

#5 – Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:48 PM

HarryB

Most Valued Member

• 3403 posts
  • Locationsydney
Punch the left side... don't want to ruin my profile shots..

Ummmm I was only 78 in 7th form.. but I suppose I am a little bit shorter and had done 140 a few times for singles on the bench. OK bro I forgive you... you have done a lot with less than stellar genetics. Mostly a super strong desire though and that shit there is worth much more than genetics!

Android

#6 – Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:50 PM

Android

Veteran member

• 3401 posts
  • LocationAuckland
You were ahead of your time mate, I can see where Jay Cutler may have got his hairstyle from...may have

THat's not a blond mo you're sporting is it - say it ain't so

It's only my opinion, not the only truth

nate225

#7 – Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:51 PM

nate225

• 4726 posts

Punch the left side... don't want to ruin my profile shots..

Ummmm I was only 78 in 7th form.. but I suppose I am a little bit shorter and had done 140 a few times for singles on the bench. OK bro I forgive you... you have done a lot with less than stellar genetics. Mostly a super strong desire though and that shit there is worth much more than genetics!

LOL - my bench was 75kg @ 75kg in seventh form! (Serious its on record in NZPF Comp!! DL 140, Sq125 from memory! :grin: ).
Agree desire & fucken stubborness wins over genetics in most situations bar elite level.

biggurl27

#8 – Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:54 PM

biggurl27

Veteran member

• 3991 posts
  • LocationWellington
Such a handsome young man - the years haven't been kind :wink:

Be cool to see the finished product next year :clap:

I'm not perfect........but parts of me are excellent!

nate225

#9 – Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:57 PM

nate225

• 4726 posts

LOL - always rely on you for a compliment BG.... where did I leave that noose... :pfft: :grin:

Yeah that 2012 product has got to look better than the 2011 waistline! :nod:

biggurl27

#10 – Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:00 PM

biggurl27

Veteran member

• 3991 posts
  • LocationWellington
Noose, why you into that autoerotic asphyxiation like David Carradine? :lol: :pfft:

nate225

#11 – Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:03 PM

nate225

• 4726 posts

Noose, why you into that autoerotic asphyxiation like David Carradine? :lol: :pfft:

Ummm can I pretend I don't even know what that is.... :pfft: :grin:

HarryB

#12 – Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:08 PM

HarryB

Most Valued Member

• 3403 posts
  • Locationsydney

:shock:

nate225

#13 – Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:12 PM

nate225

• 4726 posts

:shock:

I was shocked too Harry, honestly.... I think BG belongs in the Playground! She'll taint us naive and innocent souls out here! Someone call the Mods...wait! :grin:

biggurl27

#14 – Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:15 PM

biggurl27

Veteran member

• 3991 posts
  • LocationWellington
haha sorry about that, back to topic

Jigga

#15 – Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:20 PM

Jigga

Banned

• 1259 posts
  • LocationThe Playground
awesome stuff nate

WANABJAKD

#16 – Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:01 PM

WANABJAKD

• 478 posts
still look goofy... :lol:

where are you right now with your dieting?

"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates (469 - 399 BC)

nate225

#17 – Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:12 PM

nate225

• 4726 posts

LOL - pieting at present. Was 98kg in March @ 9.8%, now 112ish at an unknown BF% (Im guessing 14ish?). Plan is to get to 120ish by early next year then slow diet down.

Viking Power

#18 – Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:02 PM

Viking Power

Veteran member

• 2143 posts
  • LocationAuckland

I was also thinking this biggurl27 and do I need to say it.... (not gay) hahaha
awesome shoulders even back then well done bro keep at it mate...might be a new nick name aka pretty boy

"you should look like you train.... and you should train like a fuckin animal.... and you should be able to lift some heavy shit when your call apon with no excuses" - Mark Bell

steak

#19 – Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:21 PM

steak

Most Valued Member

• 6163 posts
  • LocationCoast Barbell
A whole new spate of yesteryear ----> today posts will be started cos of this :lol: :lol: :roll: Good on ya for coming out bro :pfft: No spandex?

musclenz

#20 – Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:57 PM

musclenz

Most Valued Member

• 2164 posts

LOL - pieting at present. Was 98kg in March @ 9.8%, now 112ish at an unknown BF% (Im guessing 14ish?). Plan is to get to 120ish by early next year then slow diet down.

Grainy mature muscle here we come :grin:

0 user(s) are reading this topic (0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users)