Introduction

CampbellTBC

Hey guys.

Just signed up to the website tonight, gotta admit I'm a little taken aback by some of the journals I've flipped through on the forum. Inspirational springs to mind.

I've never been good at introductions, but I'll try my best. I'd rather not disclose my name, but I'll tell you I live in Whangarei, Northland. From the age of 14 I was ensnared by the internet and sadly fell into a rut of long night gaming and disgusting eating habits. At my largest I was 114kgs. I'd like to consider myself a rather large boy, I'm 6 foot 1 and appear rather broad in comparison to my height, especially on top and underneath my shoulders. I'm 20 years old now and quite happily entertain the effort I've put into transforming my body in the past 7 months. I now weigh 96kgs and have many people to thank for the kick start. I box every night, I run three times a week and I try to weight train at least three or four times. Some people in my family think I push myself too hard, but I know the limitations of my body and my mind - and I've barely scratched the surface. Realistically, in the foreseeable future I would love to possess the physique of a trained bodybuilder, but first I still have some baby fat to get rid of. That's only going to go with a strict diet and more intensive core focused cardio/training.

When I see people I haven't seen in the last year, they always comment. It's reassuring and helps me pursue the lifestyle I want to achieve.

I think signing up here will be a positive move. I want to learn from those who have experience, take advice and journal my progress.

Thanks!

Hey guys.

Just signed up to the website tonight, gotta admit I'm a little taken aback by some of the journals I've flipped through on the forum. Inspirational springs to mind.

I've never been good at introductions, but I'll try my best. I'd rather not disclose my name, but I'll tell you I live in Whangarei, Northland. From the age of 14 I was ensnared by the internet and sadly fell into a rut of long night gaming and disgusting eating habits. At my largest I was 114kgs. I'd like to consider myself a rather large boy, I'm 6 foot 1 and appear rather broad in comparison to my height, especially on top and underneath my shoulders. I'm 20 years old now and quite happily entertain the effort I've put into transforming my body in the 7 months. I now weigh 96kgs and have many people to thank for the kick start. I box every night, I run three times a week and I try to weight train at least three or four times. Some people in my family think I push myself too hard, but I know the limitations of my body and my mind - and I've barely scratched the surface. Realistically, in the foreseeable future I would love to possess the physique of a trained bodybuilder, but first I still have some baby fat to get rid of. That's only going to go with a strict diet and more intensive core focused cardio/training.

When I see people I haven't seen in the last year, they always comment. It's reassuring and helps me pursue the lifestyle I want to achieve.

I think signing up here will be a positive mood. I want to learn from those who have experience, take advice and journal my progress.

Thanks!

hey mate, thats a good intro for sumone whose no good at intros. welcome

I'm 20 years old now and quite happily entertain the effort I've put into transforming my body in the past 7 months. I now weigh 96kgs and have many people to thank for the kick start. I box every night, I run three times a week and I try to weight train at least three or four times. Some people in my family think I push myself too hard, but I know the limitations of my body and my mind - and I've barely scratched the surface. Realistically, in the foreseeable future I would love to possess the physique of a trained bodybuilder, but first I still have some baby fat to get rid of. That's only going to go with a strict diet and more intensive core focused cardio/training.

Reading this, inspirational springs to my mind ;)

Agree on the journal front.. Great way to keep accountable, and we'll push you along the way too :grin:

Congrats on the weight loss so far.

Ever though about joining the Darkside? (powerlifting) would be the perfect way to not lose the fat but instead transfer it into muscle getting strong in the process then later in the year switch to a BB program to strip down and get lean?

Just a thought there are many power lifters here on NZBB if you want to have a look at what training entails. Personally only been doing it for 6 months and haven't looked back since.

Whatever you deicde to do in 2011 give 120% dedicate yourself and the rest will follow.

Great intro mate. Wish you well for your journey, well done on the progress so far.

Ever though about joining the Darkside? (powerlifting) would be the perfect way to not lose the fat but instead transfer it into muscle getting strong in the process

DOOO ITTT :pray: You won't regret it!

I might consider that. I would love to get large, and if that's the process I have to take I'm more than willing to give it a try.

I am so new to this, so forgive me for my ignorance.

I bench at around 90kgs, six or so reps. My friend who lives up the road has a fully decked out gym at his house inside of a converted garage. Resources I don't lack.

So at this stage, should I be focusing more on heavy, solid sets and mixing it up with squats, press and flies?

I borrowed a legitimate P90X dvd from a friend. Cardio wise, I'm going to give that a go and see where it takes me. My arms and shoulders are fairly large and have decent muscular definition. I just need to taper the midsection to begin the transformation into a much healthier, stronger looking body.

And that will be my canvas to begin the process of physical perfection.

:lol:

I could be going about this the wrong way, though.

Thoughts?

Fat doesn't transfer into muscle. Besides, you'd gain more lean muscle mass from a bodybuilding based style of training anyway. Just sayin'. Good luck.

It doesn't transfer into muscle. But it does provide as an energy source to build muscle, right?

I think building muscle with the fat on you would probs be easier than stripping it off then trying to build the muscle?

Fat doesn't transfer into muscle. Besides, you'd gain more lean muscle mass from a bodybuilding based style of training anyway. Just sayin'. Good luck.

It doesn't transfer into muscle. But it does provide as an energy source to build muscle, right?

I think building muscle with the fat on you would probs be easier than stripping it off then trying to build the muscle?

That's the angle I was looking at it, personally I went the opposite and found it pretty hard to get the mass gains on small frame but that's just me and this thread probably isn't the place for such a discussion.

End of the day do what makes you happy and it won't be training it'll become a hobbie

That's the angle I was looking at it, personally I went the opposite and found it pretty hard to get the mass gains on small frame but that's just me and this thread probably isn't the place for such a discussion.

End of the day do what makes you happy and it won't be training it'll become a hobbie

Yeah, it was just the choice of words. However, when you aren't so fat, it's a lot more noticeable you're making those muscle gains. As long as you're eating fats and carbs, that should give you your energy too (unless you're extremely low on them).

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...