how dangerous is clen?

Taekwando

Chronic use of clenbuterol at high dosages (>200mcg/day) does cause enlargement of the left ventricle of the heart over time. That being said, I doubt that you would develop any permanent long term side effects with responsible use. I saw a medical study where patients recovering from heart failure were given clenbuterol up to 720mcg a day for 3 months and they found it improved skeletal muscle recovery without any adverse events.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/16962470/

Being a stimulant, it does increase your heart rate. If you have an existing heart condition, I would steer clear as it may trigger an episode but for normal people, there should be no cause to worry. Personally I used 100mcg for 6 weeks with no break along with ketotifen and didn't have any noticeable problems. I would never use it more than 8 weeks in a 52 week period. That's just my opinion on it

If your overwieght and not that healthy/fit it may raise your blood pressure, and it may not be the best, if you have existing heart problems it could make them worse, to what degree, who knows. Apart from that its fairly tame, too much caffiene will cause the same sort of symptoms,and you can dose it incrimentaly. 25, 50, 75, 100mcg. Just dont dive into it and your fine.

Or your kidney might explode.

Kia Kaha, and stay safe OP

I'd thought it could cause heart problems, but I'd always been a bit hazy on the details. So is the enlarged left ventricle the only problem? There's no general "weakening of the heart muscles" or anything?

And where does taurine come into the picture? Again, I'd thought it offered some heart-protective benefits, or is it purely to stop cramping?

As far as I know, the higher heart beat/blood pressure causes the left ventricle to work harder which causes hypertrophy. Over time, this results in the left ventricle losing elasticity and pumping power, which can lead to heart failure in severe cases.

Not sure about taurine effect on the heart

Lol im fxked then. My resting heart rate is around 90 - 100 when im stressed and 125+ when on any sort of pre workout. Doc has also said my blood pressure / cholestrol is not good. Should I stay away from clen tom?

About taurine, wasn't there a study on rats showing taurine depletion from clen caused cell death in the soleus muscle? Infact I think daz posted a link of it here.

Lol im fxked then. My resting heart rate is around 90 - 100 when im stressed and 125+ when on any sort of pre workout. Doc has also said my blood pressure / cholestrol is not good. Should I stay away from clen tom?

About taurine, wasn't there a study on rats showing taurine depletion from clen caused cell death in the soleus muscle? Infact I think daz posted a link of it here.

why do u want to use Clen? You're a teenager and you're small focus on getting bigger

As far as I know, the higher heart beat/blood pressure causes the left ventricle to work harder which causes hypertrophy. Over time, this results in the left ventricle losing elasticity and pumping power, which can lead to heart failure in severe cases.

Sounds legit. I know athletes tend to have enlarged hearts anyway - it'd be interesting to know how much more clen increases this.

Myotoxic effects of clenbuterol in the rat heart and soleus muscle

THE ANABOLIC AND LIPOLYTIC EFFECTS of the 2-adrenergic
receptor (AR) agonist clenbuterol have been widely
investigated, principally at doses ranging from 1 to 5
mg/kg 

The dosing was very much on the high side, well above what humans would ever consider... So don't know how much you would regard that study..IMO..!!

• 2 weeks later...

It's much lower when im asleep etc, but other than that nobody knows. Don't really give a f*ck either everyone dies from something other. Just dont wanna run into any problems should I need to take clen in the future lol. Good luck for comp btw.

It can be a genetic thing. Dose high blood pressure run in your family? 

Just take blood thinners if its an issue, you might not care now but will later if it impacts the quality of lift down the track... 

Yeah it runs in the family, also cholestrol, diabetes, aspergers etc. Sucks to be from the same genetic lineage as fotr :(

genetics of peace, inb4 you are my cousin but dont worry, could be worse brah not joint problems there all good in the hood. get on those fish oils, helps for everything.

see doc often for full blood tests they'll give you things to control all that. also, do some fking cardio at your age keep fit, it interferes a little with lifting goals but keep the heart healthy first and everything else is second. 

...,....... ....... aspergers,your parents must have been doing it gymrat style when they had you.

^Yes unfortunatley, although im not very dark so it's ok I guess. And gr has low functioning autism, which means he is a retard even at 37, whereas most people with aspergers make the condition redundant by the age of 20 through just growing up really. Sometimes therapy / counseling.

Aspergers is retained throughout adulthood...