Trying to build strength log

tyreguy

Just got my new power rack the other day, good to do Squats, deads , and press.

No more gym payments now lol... i am going to look into smolov programme to get my strength up.

Any feedback on this type of strength training would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Hi Guys on advice by more experienced trainers (you cats), i have decided to start off with Smol Jnr.

Plugged in 1rm 100kg Bench....150kg DL ........100kg squat(i know same as bench...doing this programme to balnce things out.

Warm up bar only x20

bench 70kg 6 6

dl         70kg 6 6

squat 70kg 6 6

stretch back calves, hams , glutes. 90 sec rest between rep and sets, 2min between excersises.

This was a stuff up...as azide said below

Hi guys tonight day 2 of smol jnr

Squat 90kg 7 set 5 reps

Bench 90kg 7 set 5 reps...struggle last set had

DL 120kg 3 set of 5reps...lower back ...had to 70 k it 4set of 5

Nurofen cos I got slight exersion headache

stretch..tigerbalm..

• 2 weeks later...

OK wow...

So first off, Smolov is not designed to be run on 3 lifts simultaneously. It's designed to focus on one lift in order to peak for a meet, usually the squat. It's almost never done with the deadlift because the CNS demands would be too much.

It might be ok for you now since you're still pretty weak which means you're not recruiting a high percentage of your motor units which means less load on the CNS relative to an advanced lifter. But it's still probably not the best program for you to build strength on. Based on your numbers you'd be classed as a novice lifter.

Do some more research bruh

Ok started sl 5x5 this morning, slept in a bit so kinda rushed through it.

bench 80x5x5

ohp 30x5x5 this was too easy best to bump it up to 40kg and work up from there

dl 120x5x5

i will be adding accessory stuff into it like weighted crunches, etc, umm i need to set some clear goals moving foward, so i guess i am starting from scratch, compared to what ive logged just recently..this morning was pretty easy.

Question? One of my goals is to lose fat as well,is 5x5 should be ok? My caloties are 2300 on and 2000 4xdays and 3x days respectively. cause at the moment i am.

Bodyweight 93kgs after number twos...a fat 27% bf...@ 173cm.

Chop my bw down to about 88kgs by the end of the year bf % pending.

And to improve my Lifts.. 1rm bench 120kg.....Squat 150kg..DL 200 by the end of the year also.

Woke up feeling fresh this morning, had 8 hours sleep and feeling suprisingly good for a friday.

Trim Flat white with a xtra shot.

Squats....Bar x10, 60x6, 80x3......90x5x5..s/s weighted crunches(10kg plate) 5x12

bench Bar x20, 60x12, 60x10 all paused...90x5x5...s/s lying knee raises 5x20

b/b rows 70x5x5...s/s front lat/raises (Ezi Grip 10kg plate)*I have no dumbells yet...3 set of 10

s/s lat side raises (Ezi Grip 10kg plate)..3 set of 10.

Breakfast banana and a shake.

Question? One of my goals is to lose fat as well,is 5x5 should be ok?   

The program you choose in the gym has nothing to do with fat loss. You can lose fat without going to the gym or exercising at all. Weight gain or weight loss is all about the diet. Going to the gym and exercising stimulates muscular development and prevents muscle loss when cutting down.

BTW why have you put your log in the introductions forum?