Freaking out!!!

Katie1309

So I 've been working out lots, watching foods and making good progress - was 66.5 last week, each time I looked, in the morning, same time, same scales (I know to check in morning) then today 68.2!!!! In 3 days!!! That would, if it was fat, have meant I'd eaten 14,000 extra cals over the weekend - we did go away for one night and had some beers and a barbie but still??? So is it water weight? Scales messing with my head? Could it be my cycle? Or just a really really big poo???!!!!!

Lol i totally know that freak out feeling though!! I had a cheat meal the other day that was not a really bad one. Bout 6 pieces of sushi and then 2 cookies and BAM i was 1.5 kgs heavier!! I was rather upset lol until someone very wise told me it would be water weight and that I was probably a bit dehydrated and maybe my current diet is a bit low on carbs.

And yes your cycle definately affects that kinda thing too. I have to stop weighing myself daily too me thinks :nod:

Big big mistake to weigh yourself daily. Its amazing how much water weight can alter daily, every day is different depending on your routine, what you ate, timing of food, exercise etc. As tempting as it is, stick to one day per week, same time.

I know its so bad but so tempting to see if you dropped the last couple hundred grams or whatever.....lesson learned - once a week from now on only!

Very well said CG weigh yourself once a month or every second month which is another option plus it is a good instead of weighing your self each day which is going overboard a bit.

funny thing is it actually the boys, my flatties, who keep doing it every day and got me doing it too much like we're having a little competition, sooooo silly!!

1.5kg and your worried hahahaha I have meals that weigh more than that.

Yeh but its alot for a girl and also when your shorter it can be noticeable. And its gut renching when it took 2 weeks to go down 1.5kgs and 1 meal to go up.

Hell yes!!! I know its all gonna take time, but I dont wanna feel like I'm going backwards ;(

eat better food. not processed noodles etc.

if u eat relative to your goals and are have self discipline then i dont see there should be any problems

rarely eat processed food, all fresh stir-fry's etc and brown rice, diet is pretty spot on for goals at the mo, I'm all for slow and steady but not when its going the wrong way!

The other thing, im a super bitch to everyone in my house when the bodyweight goes up so even more determination to keep off the scales and semi go by clothes :nod:

Good point, being summer I havent worn my fav jeans in months, which always tell me (whether I like it or not!) where I'm at ;) will try on tonight!

if u eat relative to your goals and are have self discipline then i dont see there should be any problems

rarely eat processed food, all fresh stir-fry's etc and brown rice, diet is pretty spot on for goals at the mo, I'm all for slow and steady but not when its going the wrong way!

you were going on about noodles before... or were u asking for sumone else.

cool, well stick at it. dont look at scales mirror is better. fat looks diff to water retention

you were going on about noodles before... or were u asking for sumone else.

cool, well stick at it. dont look at scales mirror is better. fat looks diff to water retention

true true, gotta do measurments....when I sare 'rarely' once very couple weeks I'll make laksa which is awesome and that has noodles in it but have been told by other heaps of other sutff to use instead........need to do pics too but cant do it whil the flatties are home!

The other thing, im a super bitch to everyone in my house when the bodyweight goes up so even more determination to keep off the scales and semi go by clothes :nod:

Good point, being summer I havent worn my fav jeans in months, which always tell me (whether I like it or not!) where I'm at ;) will try on tonight!

Never underestimate the value of the magic test pants.. they are a far better gauge than scales :)

I've gotten into the habit of weighing and measuring myself on the 1st and 15th of each month only. I've been doing this since November last year. Todays measurements weren't wonderful because (for the first time) they hadn't changed . . . but on the positive side this means I'm absolutely certain I need to adjust my diet. Measuring only twice a month means I don't spend my time stressing about whether or not I should change things up, because it's obvious as a rock when I do.

1.5kg and your worried hahahaha I have meals that weigh more than that.

Yeh but its alot for a girl and also when your shorter it can be noticeable. And its gut renching when it took 2 weeks to go down 1.5kgs and 1 meal to go up.

Im not what you would call tall

What do I call you then?? A little person?