Why are my triceps hurting more than my chest?!?!?

Team Alice

So ive been trying out a couple new things at the gym and ive started using DB's for my bench and incline bench instead of a bar.

A normal bench set goes something like

12.5kg x 10 rep warmup

Then a drop set from 22.5kg's with 10 reps, so 10 reps @ 22.5kg, then 10 @ 20kg, 17.5kg and 15kg straight after another only like 10 secs rest while i go grab the next weight.

Then i bust out 2 sets of 10 reps @ 17.5 kg with normal rest i.e 45seconds in between.

But the problem is, ive been finding that my triceps are hurting a LOT more than my chest, my chest is still tender for a few days after, but my triceps are actually sore.

Im pretty sure my range of motion is about right, all the way to the top so they almost touch then all the way down so there right beside my chest.

Is anything wrong with what im doing?

and yes i dont lift huge weights im quite aware of that but im always swearing and cursing out the last few reps of each set as it is

lol, keep the dumbells away from the body abit more. If there in over the shoulder your gonna use more tricep to push em back up. Think of the movement as a mcdonalds arc.keep your shoulders pinned back hard like your doing the finsh of a row movement throughout the lift. This will make the chest do more of the work.

Maybe your locking out your arms at the top of the motion which would pull the tris in a bit more?

Or Triceps maybe a weak area for you but in time that should work itself out

but it doesnt sound like a huge issue to me if it is worrying you maybe try doing a sets of flys before presses or as a superset then they can both be farking sore :twisted: :twisted:

Def keep dbs off chest, also, pay attention to pushing your abs down on the bench and lifting your chest to meet the dbs by squeezing your shoulder blades, gives you a little more strength getting the chest muscles activating and taking the emphasis off triceps. But hey, if your hurting afterwards, thats all good.

It could be a number of things.

But form will be the main factor as it determines which muscles are working where.

I don't recommend going all the way down in dumbbells, Its a dangerous exercise and many injure their shoulders from it.

Bring the weight down just passed a 90 degree level and back up so the weights are together at the top but keep a constant bend in the elbows.

If you do less bending in the elbow and more bringing the weight out wider it will do less on the triceps and most on the chest. Its simulating flys a bit I guess.

Now to get rid of my fucking girly arms too :(

Dips and Pullups

Or just work arms harder...

Lol its got nothing to do with your sets or the weight you use, the reason your triceps are more sore is because of your form, your elbows are dropped to low which activates more triceps.

Fix your form and it will fix your problem.

Last sentence, correct. First sentence, incorrect. Like the last post says It could be a number of things.