extra calories

justhell

-mince & kumara quality meal for cheap :D

+1

Had a look around the stupidmarket for coconut oil, and discovered they had everything but. Are the cals in coconut cream/milk mostly from MCTs? ie are they a reasonable substitute until I can find some oil?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. Frankly spreading information on the way he is, is either extremely malicious

Either way, he should not be posting in the nutrition forums in a way that can mislead people genuinely seeking good advice.

how have i mislead ppl?

i give them the same advice i have used... not blowing my own trumpet but i just weighed myself before i am 107kg u dnt get that heavy from having no idea of what to eat u dumbarse. i dnt really know who i could mislead on what to eat on a bulking diet anyway considering its so damn simple, whats complicated to me is how u fuckers all think there is some magic formula and diet to get big... no its called hard yards and consistency. how stupid do you have to be to not be able to know the diff between a good meal for you and a bad meal for you.. perpetual injuries... you are just some jumped up know it all student prob a lil pencil neck too. maybe you should take the misleading advice might mislead you off the skinny wanker path that your on.

-mince & kumara quality meal for cheap :D

+1

Had a look around the stupidmarket for coconut oil, and discovered they had everything but. Are the cals in coconut cream/milk mostly from MCTs? ie are they a reasonable substitute until I can find some oil?

The fats in coconut are roughly 65-70% MCTs, and cals in coconut cream itself come from roughly 80% fat (quick google :lol: ) so yeah a decent substitute I spose. Possibly a better option actually depending on how the price would compare between the oil and cream?

. Frankly spreading information on the way he is, is either extremely malicious

Either way, he should not be posting in the nutrition forums in a way that can mislead people genuinely seeking good advice.

how have i mislead ppl?

i give them the same advice i have used... not blowing my own trumpet but i just weighed myself before i am 107kg u dnt get that heavy from having no idea of what to eat u dumbarse. i dnt really know who i could mislead on what to eat on a bulking diet anyway considering its so damn simple, whats complicated to me is how u fuckers all think there is some magic formula and diet to get big... no its called hard yards and consistency. how stupid do you have to be to not be able to know the diff between a good meal for you and a bad meal for you.. perpetual injuries... you are just some jumped up know it all student prob a lil pencil neck too. maybe you should take the misleading advice might mislead you off the skinny wanker path that your on.

Tom calling it like it is since the last time he was banned! :pfft: :grin:

He's right tho - it aint that complicated. All the BS re: bulking on what is essentially a precontest diet with greater amounts is not the real world. Ask any BIG bodybuilder, they eat calories and lots of them when bulking (maybe less so when already a mass monster). Those calories dont come from the five hours of constant eating that would be required with some of the nonsense diets people come up with on forums!

I'm not saying have a diet based on crap, but there is a significant different between a bulk & a cutting diet - thats why the Doc bulks 24/7! :grin:

todays meals so far;

630am

1 protien shake

2 eggs on toast

oats & youghurt

1x10mg danabol

1ml enanthate 250

1cup of coffee

1xmens multi vit

1x milk thistle

1x fish oil

7am

cup green tea

9am

piece of choclate cake

1cup of good coffee(wife brought it to work) :grin:

10am

half carrot

container-100gms(weighed uncooked rice),1 egg,160grm chop chop

cup green tea

12pm

1 apple

container-600gms- minced chicken,brocilli,beans,potato,rice,silverbeat mix.

cup green tea

10mg danabol

2pm

banana

3pm

same as 10am + 3spoons cottage cheese

cup green tea

530pm

protien shake

10ml danabol with grapefruit juice

6pm

2 scoops no xploade

gym

8-830ish

1 protien shake with milk

scotch fillet tonight with veges

5mg danabol

may be a snack later on

:grin:

+ during the day drank 3 litres cool water

any way thats todays food intake,so im going add mct oil to each meal to boost calorie intake for the next 10 weeks while on cycle.

il order mct oil next pay. :grin:

feel free to criticize,its all good.

8)

eat more every meal bro, green tea aint a meal, choc cake and coffee aint a meal.

protein! carbs! as well as that choc cake etc. eat 2 cans of chop chop chicken not one. 200gms of rice not 100 or 100 and a large kumara.

eat more bro and u wont be dissapointed with cycle.

go hard.

when your trying to get extra calories, i.e "bulking", the idea is to eat bigger and more frequently and not eat sugar or fat for easy calories.

let me give you an example of what this means. your choking down 400g of fish and 400g of mash potatoes after you just ate 2 hours ago.

there is no (nutritional)value in oil, hell, even if there was, it would still be inferior to (unprocessed)carbs as fats slow down your metabolism, which clearly isnt efficient for someone trying to eat bigger or more frequently.

Fats slow down your metabolism? What the hell? Care to show any studies proving this, or is this just some anecdotal bullshit you heard from some huge ripped dude so it must be true? Even if they did (they don't) slowing down your metabolism would mean the body is burning less calories, hence leaving more left over to help build mass. Your logic fails.

As for there being no value in oil/fats, is improved overall cardiac health and hormone balance not value?

Fats slow down your metabolism? What the hell? Care to show any studies proving this, or is this just some anecdotal bullshit you heard from some huge ripped dude so it must be true? Even if they did, slowing down your metabolism would mean the body is burning less calories, hence leaving more left over to help build mass. Your logic fails.

As for there being no value in oil/fats, is improved overall cardiac health and hormone balance not value?

Fats slow down your metabolism? What the hell? Care to show any studies proving this, or is this just some anecdotal bullshit you heard from some huge ripped dude so it must be true? Even if they did (they don't) slowing down your metabolism would mean the body is burning less calories, hence leaving more left over to help build mass. Your logic fails.

the body only requires a small amount of fat for healthy brain and bodily function. essential fatty acids have their place, but not to the extent that you constantly impose on people. fats stimulate the production of testosterone, but once again, only to an appreciable degree. a well balanced diet and a body-fat in the low range will keep your endocrine system in check.

i think you miss-read what i said, that was, "there is no (nutritional)value in oil". this did not mean there is no place for fat, this meant there are no place for empty calories in a diet. i would personally recommend nuts instead of oil.

the body only requires a small amount of fat for healthy brain and bodily function. essential fatty acids have their place, but not to the extent that you constantly impose on people. fats stimulate the production of testosterone, but once again, only to an appreciable degree. a well balanced diet and a body-fat in the low range will keep your endocrine system in check.

i think you miss-read what i said, that was, "there is no (nutritional)value in oil". this did not mean there is no place for fat, this meant there are no place for empty calories in a diet. i would personally recommend nuts instead of oil.

What do you consider small amounts? Relative to a persons size of course, but I favour something around 0.8-1g/kg as a minimum. I suppose 100g of fat can be a small amount in comparison to 300g+ protein and 400g+ carbs.

Your second point is fair enough I suppose, I'd still consider the individual fatty acids and phenols, vitamins etc present in the oils as having nutritional value, they're certainly not empty calories. Straight powdered glucose I'd consider empty calories, not olive or coconut oil. But yes nuts are another great choice, depends on your fatty acid need though, sometimes oils can provide more of what you're after. Of course this is getting a bit overcomplicated for most :lol:

Still interested in your fat slowing the metabolism comment though?

phedder im interested to know your qualifications so far or what you are studying (seriously interested, not to take piss or anything)

Well nutrition wise no qualifications or much study at an institution, more personal interest. Formally studying a double major in 'Excercise prescription and management' as well as 'Exercise and Sport Science' going to do a few nutrition papers in the next 2 years but they're quite basic things that just look good on paper, already know most of the content. I've had possibly the most boring summer I can recall sadly, so have been reading a lot of stuff by Alan Aragon, Martin Berkhan, Mary Enig, Lyle Macdonald etc, many of the research articles they cite as well as my own searching and reading. I don't just make shit up haha, most of what I beleive comes from those 'gurus' I suppose and reading research articles.

eat more every meal bro, green tea aint a meal, choc cake and coffee aint a meal.

protein! carbs! as well as that choc cake etc. eat 2 cans of chop chop chicken not one. 200gms of rice not 100 or 100 and a large kumara.

eat more bro and u wont be dissapointed with cycle.

go hard.

Cheers tomsammce,

today was first day on cycle,so im going to increase food intake for sure :nod:

il give kumara a go,might not be so bad mixed in with rice & chicken.

at the moment im eating all smoko time & sum,my appetite will increase soonish and il be able to eat faster and eat more.

my weight tonight at the gym was .6kg heavier than yesterday at the gym,im liking that already.

8)

hey justhell do you mean first day on cycle as in your doing your bulking in a cycle or your running a "bulking cycle" sorry if i missed it somewhere

*edit* found it, yea have to say i dont see one real meal in that diet you posted, why so much green tea ? eat clean and you will still be able to eat heaps without puttin fat on. you are on cycle/ dbols in particular your bodys going to soak up the food you through at it.

*edit* some meals look ok. 35mg dbol a day you should start crankin on the weight over the next few days. eat till your stuffed. good luck

hey justhell do you mean first day on cycle as in your doing your bulking in a cycle or your running a "bulking cycle" sorry if i missed it somewhere

*edit* found it, yea have to say i dont see one real meal in that diet you posted, why so much green tea ? eat clean and you will still be able to eat heaps without puttin fat on. you are on cycle/ dbols in particular your bodys going to soak up the food you through at it.

*edit* some meals look ok. 35mg dbol a day you should start crankin on the weight over the next few days. eat till your stuffed. good luck

hey Luigi

im in the habbit now of having green tea at work each break i get.

but now i think about it im gonna leave it out,cause its a pain takin it back to work after smoko,il just stick to water.

yesterday i did eat till i was stuffed,but i will add more food as i can.

cheers

im in the habbit now of having green

You know you're short when this doesn't make sense cause instead of reading "habbit" (which is habit by the way so this one's all your fault JH :pfft: ) you read hobbit

haha i read hobbit too, so dont feel too bad...... got hairy feet peter ? :lol:

im in the habbit now of having green

You know you're short when this doesn't make sense cause instead of reading "habbit" (which is habit by the way so this one's all your fault JH :pfft: ) you read hobbit

haha i read hobbit too, so dont feel too bad...... got hairy feet peter ? :lol:

Haha oh hell no, girl friend attacks me with tweesers if she sees hairy so I've learnt to keep that shit under control haha