extra calories

justhell

Hey guys/ladies

Im about to start a bulking cycle and im looking for any ideas on food that i can use to get more calories each day?

at the moment im having minced chicken with veges & rice,chicken chunks & rice with cottage cheese,oats & yoghurt,eggs,protien shakes,steak,chicken breast meals(butter,green currie etc..),tuna,mince,.....

I need to add more calories to my day and appreciate any more ideas.

P.S im not a millionaire :lol:

Thanks

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ha ha Cheers Phedder,

yea iv seen lots of post on here bout olive oil, :)

but im gonna try my best to keep it clean and avoid putting on to much useless weight that il probably loose post cycle anyway.

olive oil dosent sound like the best way to bulk to me,i was thinking more like may be

potatoes v rice?

i cant stand kumara

piece of choclate cake per day?

:huh:

You said you wanted extra calories, it doesn't matter regarding weight gain where those calories come from, be it olive oil or potatoes. If you add 500 cals a day from olive oil or 500 from potatoes it's still going to have a very similar affect to you regarding body composition, olive oil will not make you gain more body fat than anything else of equal caloric value. Avoiding putting on 'useless weight' will be down to adjusting your caloric intake, not substituting a potato or some rice instead of olive oil. However, olive oil may help you in the health department. From the foods you listed you have plenty of proteins and carbs already, yet fats are somewhat limited and primarily saturated (nothing wrong with saturated) but some monounsaturated fats would be good also.

It's entirely up to you of course, but I'm just pushing my much loved and very healthy calorie booster :lol:

thanks for that Phedder,i wasnt knocking the olive oil way,i just dont know anything about it.

after reading that reply it makes sense to me to indulge in some olive oil. :nod:

im doing a bulk cycle for 10 weeks and want to get my calories up.

can you recommend an olive oil?or is it all the same?

how much should i have to get 500 cal per day?

cheers

Any olive oil will do nutrition wise, as long as the only listed ingredient is olive oil you're all good. Extra virgin, virgin, pure etc tend to just produce a slightly different taste and smell, which only really matters if your a snobby food purist :) Nutritionally they'll all much the same I think (could be wrong, but it's all still just coming from an olive so doubt it could differ much :? )

Just checked the bottle in the pantry and it says 3400kj per 100ml, so for 500 cals you'd be looking at roughly 60ml. Doesn't have to be 500cal of course, adjust as you need to see the gains you're after :nod:

Olive oil wont build muscle.... Homo.

No, but it will help provide the excess calories required to allow all the protein he's taking in to be used for muscle growth instead of as an energy source, as well as other health benefits. Civil as always Tom.

You shouldn't have trouble building mass with those foods.Eat clean dirty and pound the food every every 2-3 hours eat till your full your system will start to become accustomed to assimilating such large quantities of food after a short time and you'll be away.Treat eating as if its a job if you want to get big gain size you have to do things that make you uncomfortable or everyone would be walking around big hard and massive.By clean dirty i mean eat 2 dirty meals per day but keep it relatively clean though stuff like sirloin burgers,pizzas with good quality ingredients (whole wheat bases) use the mirror as your guide if your gaining fat cut the cheating out.

Go on to you tube and type in the six foods that work.

No, but it will help provide the excess calories required to allow all the protein he's taking in to be used for muscle growth instead of as an energy source, as well as other health benefits. Civil as always Tom.

so will rice and potatoes and oats... i bought potatoes today from new world (new world the most expensive supermarket)... $1.99kg! cheap! oats cheap! rice pretty cheap as well.

drinking huge quantities of olive oil doesn't have health benefits lol. that is bad for you.

who even started this ridiculous olive oil idea? or did u just think it would be a good idea?

i thought it would have been pretty obvious but obviously not... up the quantities of the current foods your eating to get more calories. if you dont have money get a part time job if you are dedicated... if not try olive oil but you wont be impressed.

Hey tomsammce yeep it is obvious what i have to do to get more calories into me,i know eat eat eat.

but i was asking for other foods ,may be something i havent thought of to get more cals.

especially for the next ten weeks.

il get some olive oil as it cant hurt,but for me the big picture more cals i think it will help over all.

i have a full time job so im not that broke.just not rich.

cheers

You shouldn't have trouble building mass with those foods.Eat clean dirty and pound the food every every 2-3 hours eat till your full your system will start to become accustomed to assimilating such large quantities of food after a short time and you'll be away.Treat eating as if its a job if you want to get big gain size you have to do things that make you uncomfortable or everyone would be walking around big hard and massive.By clean dirty i mean eat 2 dirty meals per day but keep it relatively clean though stuff like sirloin burgers,pizzas with good quality ingredients (whole wheat bases) use the mirror as your guide if your gaining fat cut the cheating out.

Go on to you tube and type in the six foods that work.

Hey Reaper47

yeep i hear ya,i have eaten like that before and gained 8 kg in 10 weeks.

so thats what il be doing again,it feels like eating is a full time job. :nod:

just trying to get more food options this time.

i use to think aas all day long,but this time round, iv been thinking food food & more food all day long for the last 3 weeks.

8)

so will rice and potatoes and oats... i bought potatoes today from new world (new world the most expensive supermarket)... $1.99kg! cheap! oats cheap! rice pretty cheap as well.

Yes they will. But his diet was somewhat lacking in fat so olive oil is a good, cheap way to balance it out. You want to play the money game? Lets see, 500ml of olive oil can be had for roughly $7 I think from New world. $7 worth of potatoes comes to 3.5kg. Going from wikipedia 3.5kg of potatoes would give 2695 calories. 500ml of olive oil would give 4055. Gee, that's 1360 more calories for the same price with olive oil. Thanks for playing Tom.

drinking huge quantities of olive oil doesn't have health benefits lol. that is bad for you.

I'd hardly call 60ml huge quantities. Care to show the negative health outcomes of olive oil consumption? Barring excessive consumption where the person is just taking in ridiculous amounts of calories and will obviously just get fat, olive oil (and fat intake in general) can help improve cardiac health, reduce the incidence of some cancers, provide antioxidants and improve nutrient and vitamin absorption (fat soluble)

Yes Justhell could use whatever he likes to get the extra calories, olive is one option and in my opinion a good one. I'm not saying potatoes or rice or whatever wouldn't work, but he already has plenty of carbs, while fats are somewhat limited. Olive oil is cheap and healthy so why not include it?

delish apple pie filling to add to ur oats and protein powder with a banana.... thats a cheap, quick and not a bad meal to eat.

creamed rice cans.... these are cheap and pretty calorie dense not sure on sugar content... i used to eat all the time but not so much anymore.

you could have bacon, eggs, sausage, hash browns, mushrooms, baked beans, toast.... this is massive amount of calories and each item is pretty cheap on its own... high in fat though so maybe have once per week... but its a good idea.

potatoes and kumara and pumpkin. u havnt listed these maybe u forgot but they are a no brainer... cheap and taste good and good carbs.

sauces and marinades can add calories although i suggest these mainly to add to the curent foods you are eating as im assuming you may be getting a wee bit bored? this is why u posted asking for diff foods..

hope that helps, just quickly thought up and what id do. other might disagree but it works so u cant argue with that.

Justhell my best advice for you is not about ur diet just to not listen to phedder... he doesnt know what hes talking about. its ppl like him that will send you down the wrong track.

take my advices mate, that will work fine for you and u will build muscle.

no need to get technical about the dollar to calorie ratio of olive oil v potatoe.

u may as well just buy 10kg of sugar if u wanna talk all that shit. or sumother cheap crap..

Justhell my best advice for you is not about ur diet just to not listen to phedder... he doesnt know what hes talking about. its ppl like him that will send you down the wrong track.

How about providing some intelligent counter argument for once? For gaining weight calories are king. Olive oil is cheap and healthy calories, simple. Easy to get down too, which can be tough for some when bulking to get down all the food they need.

take my advices mate, that will work fine for you and u will build muscle.

Yes, what you've suggested will work too. Because of the calories, not because they're magical foods that are vastly superior to olive oil, which will actually give him the fats that many of your suggestions are lacking.

no need to get technical about the dollar to calorie ratio of olive oil v potatoe.

You brought up the dollar, and then can't handle it when I show my option is actually cheaper :roll:

u may as well just buy 10kg of sugar if u wanna talk all that shit. or sumother cheap crap..

Replied in bold in the quote. Pleasure as always Tom. :wink:

yes olive oil is too hard to get down and im not man enough to down it thats why i dont use it in my bulking diets.... :roll:

I said it's easy to get down, jeez no wonder you can't produce a decent counter argument, you can't even read it properly :lol:

I meant that bulking diets tend to involve a large volume of food. Olive oil being a liquid and a very calorie dense one at that won't take up much space in your stomach so you won't be bloated all the time.