#drizzt

drizzt

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just used to eat my protein first then whatever I could fit in on top of that...

Because of satiety from Protein, huh? Saw this trick suggested in the IF blog, I employ it on Xmas day/Birthday feasts and sure enough, can only have 1 - and maybe force down a 2nd - slice of cheesecake instead of a whole one to myself :pfft: :pfft:

Oh true, well haha try the protein first trick next time there are desserts and things out, might surprise ya! (unless you're wanting to scoff more dessert that is :shifty:)

:shock: 500g from solids only? Madness! Might be a challenge for me to attempt some day soon :grin:

:lol: Unless you pureed your

•8-9pm - 250g roast curried kumara, roughly 200g chicken breast (cooked weight), 400g (uncooked weight) sirloin (chopped fat off after cooking), bit of green salad, scoop of casein in about 350ml of full milk

I think you met the 500g of solid protein! :pfft:

:shock: Haha where'd that pic come from?! That protein shake I'm holding (which I was just holding for the person taking the photo btw :shifty:) must have errr... dented my memory as I can't quite remember being in that photo :-s

Harry - yeah I thought that'd be about it, I'll try it out some time. Maybe after the Powerlifting comp when the body will be screaming for it :D

Just had a quick catch up through your journal, inspirational as always. Strong, fit, and looking mean :nod:

Just one word of caution though with the rope climbs, make sure you always keep the tension the entire time you're up there and coming back down, and avoid any sudden jerking (you probably already know this anyway :lol: ) Last year I got a bit silly and ended up doing something to my brachialis which took a month plus to come completely right again. Fantastic exercise though, hoping I can find a way to do these this year too :pray:

12.02.11 - Shoulders + Deads etc

94.8 (shoes and stuff), much better without meals and crap in me heh.

• Deads (sets, reps, weights)
    1 x 10 @ 60kg
    1 x 3 @ 100kg
    1 x 2 @ 150kg
    1 x 5 @ 200kg (+loose belt)
    1 x 10 @ 140kg
  • Push Press
    1 x 10 @ 60kg
    1 x 5 @ 80kg
    1 x 10 @ 85kg
    1 x 10 @ 60kg
    1 x 10 @ 40kg
  • Rear Delt Raise
    4 x 10 @ 10lb
  • Cleans
    1 x 10 @ 40kg (Power)
    1 x 10 @ 40kg (Hang)
    1 x 10 @ 40kg (Power)
  • Squat (DE/Light)
    3 x 10 @ 100kg
    1 x 12 @ 100kg
  • Russian Twists
    1 x 8/ps @ 5kg
    1 x 8/ps @ 5kg
    1 x 15/ps @ 5kg :-s
  • Prowlers (pull towards you one length with heavy rope, push it back with low bars)
    4 x 2 lengths @ 50kg (ish? unsure of prowler weight)

Comments

• Deads felt fantastic, probably had 2 or 3 reps in me at 200. Technically a "rep" PB as have never gone past 2 reps @ 200. Good signs close to the comp of bettering my Dead PB :nod: I've got a sneaky/quiet goal of triple bodyweight but we'll see how the adrenaline is on the day :pfft:
  • Push press was awesome, I'm going to drop the strict OHP in favour of just push pressing after reading this article by Glen Pendlay :nod: Only intended to go for 6 reps at 85 but had a training partner spurring me on which resulted in a few extras! Awesome.
  • Cleans were good, just practicing using the hip/thigh thrust to snap the weight up, hence the light weight. Might just leave it as Hang Cleans for now to be honest, as that's the part of the movement that I need to practice.
  • Squats felt fantastic, apart from a rip or two in the shorts :oops: Again, pushed on to an extra couple of reps by the new TP.
  • Russian twists again became a bit of a game of "one-upping" each other :pfft: I went first, and after my 2nd set of 8 my TP went for 10 per side, so on my next set I failed at 15 per side... and the bastard went for 17 :x Good though, because this would have otherwise just been 3 straight sets of 8.
  • Prowlers were absolutely brutal. Worst part was pulling it towards you as it was really tough on the arms. There were 4 of us doing it, so basically when one guy finished the next would jump on, and so on until it was your turn again, so there was constantly people going at it. Incredibly tough at the end of a pretty full workout!

As mentioned above, I'll have a TP for at least a couple of sessions a week now which is awesome - I talked him into jumping ship from Les Mills so he'll be signing up on Monday. This guy loves to push himself, weights aren't quite there at the moment but if we keep this training intensity going I can see them heading up quickly for both of us. Already saw the benefits of a TP today, pushing each other on to more stuff that I wouldn't have otherwise done, can only be good for growth!

This was actually the most brutal session I can remember since doing 10x10 squats a couple of years ago. Couldn't hold my drink bottle afterwards because the forearms were too smashed, really felt like throwing up about 5mins after the last set of prowlers. Went outside and had a lie down on the bank for about 10mins while sipping on a powerade (couldn't drink very fast for fear of throwing it back up!).

Hit the beach, was a bit grey out but was incredibly refreshing to jump in. Still feeling quite drained a couple hours on, have the skins on to help the body recover.

Wicked workout K! :clap:

Thanks!

Diet so far:

• 10am - (pre workout) 10g BCAA, 5g Creatine, 2x scoops The Curse, Green tea (to mix creatine into)
  • 2-3pm - (post workout - most food was a bit later than I would normally like following a workout) P-slin, 10g BCAA, small banana, 50g (ish) protein shake (water), 500ml powerade, 400g Chicken (shredded, cooked, breast), 400g Kumara + various roasted veggies (pumpkin, potato, carrot), 180g natural lollies (my cheat for the week!)
    the rest is predictions for what is to follow:
  • 6pm - 4-6 slices toast (honey, jam)
  • 8pm - 450g (uncooked weight) scotch fillet, greens as a side, 3-4 eggs
  • 9pm - 30g Casein + 300ml milk

After that brutal workout, all I can think about is smashing food. Quite full now but can see myself getting hungry later on, lucky the fridge is packed :grin: Here is a pic of the chicken + roast veggies (that is a jumbo bowl - 800g of food in there):

post-6072-14166821834416_thumb.jpg

:shock: Haha where'd that pic come from?! That protein shake I'm holding (which I was just holding for the person taking the photo btw :shifty:) must have errr... dented my memory as I can't quite remember being in that photo :-s

Harry - yeah I thought that'd be about it, I'll try it out some time. Maybe after the Powerlifting comp when the body will be screaming for it :D

Wellington is a small place..... I think she wants to be your friend :pfft:

It is a good read bro, great lifting!

Cheers Harry, feeling great and having a TP seems like a good move (have been a solo trainer for 5-6 years now!) - new dimension to workouts :nod:

Wellington is a small place..... I think she wants to be your friend :pfft:

Too true :D

mean kai! :clap: :clap:

whats the numbers you looking to hit at the comp bro? not sure if that was previously stated or not (and i cant be arsed flicking back thru the thread :oops: )

Yeah bro funnily enough feeding the furnace hard and bodyfat seems to be heading down or at the very least staying constant, and weight is pretty stable (with the creatine) so goes to show, just need to eat what my body needs and it appreciates it! Haha :grin:

As for comp numbers, undecided. Would be happy with what I got at the end of Sheiko, but hope for a liiiiitttle bit more out of squat (maybe 190-195), and slightly more out of Deads - possibly 260, but depends how it feels on the day. Confident I can get 260 (reckon I woulda got it on Sheiko had the leadup been better), so may go for more if I feel good. Would be stoked with triple body weight but not sure if it'll be there or not. Reckon these may have improved just going by the feel of things recently, probably due to increased work on hips/hams etc.

As for bench, honestly a safe 135 would be good, and would be stoked with 140. Don't expect this to have gone up since Sheiko.

All in all though, first comp, just hope to post a respectable score and learn how it all goes :nod: