Jacko Gill

Dr Squat

Hey DrSquat. Awesome strength for a young fellow.

I have just started doing box squats, so i dont really know how to perform them correctly. Currently when i perform them i sit on the box and relax and then try to explode of the box. Is that right?

I have noticed that when he was performing the box squats he does touch and go on the box.

Whats the correct method?

Cheers.

Hey DrSquat. Awesome strength for a young fellow.

I have just started doing box squats, so i dont really know how to perform them correctly. Currently when i perform them i sit on the box and relax and then try to explode of the box. Is that right?

I have noticed that when he was performing the box squats he does touch and go on the box.

Whats the correct method?

Cheers.

Hey bro. Yes your current form is correct. Here is a link to a blog post I wrote which may help.

http://biggerstrongersmarter.wordpress.com/2010/11/07/the-box-squat/

First time I saw this young man throwing on you tube I instantly thought man he's not that big but...speed, speed, speed. Size doesnt count when it comes to Jacko, at 1.87cm and 87kg (got these stats from NZ herald article) and he is far from what many would class a stereo type shotputter build. Yet he can throw 23m+ with the 5kg shot and has hit 20m+ with the 6kg. Jacko will be NZ's first male 20m+ shotputter with the 7.25kg implement and I agree Doc, he'll be one to watch out for at the Olympics!!

Good luck Jacko!! :clap:

Aah fuckit, i was gonna comment but i'm going to be the most hated man if i say what i wanna say. I'll let this fella have his moment.

I was young once too.

Say it bro. I was thinking it too! I can remember getting pinned under bench press bars and dumping squats in my garage. Sometimes you have to go through that. When you are 16 you have a lot less chance of getting injured!