Hip Fat

ANGELBRAND

I like allot of women have the problem of extra fat on the hips, all I know is walking helps but not much at all,

Does any one have any sure fire way to remove the muffin tops?

it makes me feel fat seeing that bulge when I'm far from being fat!!

any ideas will be much appreciated, I'm willing to give almost anything ago if its not pricey!

I have a very good diet, i run 20mins every other day as well as 1 hour cadio per day at the very least. been trying for six months not, my stomach is fine, toned almost the way i want it but i cannot shake those muffin tops on hips toward my back,

will talk to my doc about those hormone supplements, thanks for the tip Mr Big!

Hmm... saw someone at my gym who summed up your problem this arvo, she was petite head-to-toe except for precisely that trouble spot over the kidneys.

With all that cardio you could in fact be working against the fat loss.... sure, cardio burns bodyfat but it can also burn lean muscle mass if conditions favour that. It comes down to the composition of the diet, not just the calorie count, to meal timings from breakfast to bedtime, and especially pre- and post-workout.

In order to conserve, or even grow, lean muscle mass, you might wish to consider dialling-back on the cardio in favour of more weights work.

Assuming your diet's sorted 'cos of your comments, you could consider having a close look at when you eat what... how long between last meal at night, first in the morning, how long the gaps are between meals, etc.

Just my 2c worth, but clearly the running and 1 hour cardio per day isn't getting you the result you need.

Hmm... saw someone at my gym who summed up your problem this arvo, she was petite head-to-toe except for precisely that trouble spot over the kidneys.

With all that cardio you could in fact be working against the fat loss.... sure, cardio burns bodyfat but it can also burn lean muscle mass if conditions favour that. It comes down to the composition of the diet, not just the calorie count, to meal timings from breakfast to bedtime, and especially pre- and post-workout.

In order to conserve, or even grow, lean muscle mass, you might wish to consider dialling-back on the cardio in favour of more weights work.

Assuming your diet's sorted 'cos of your comments, you could consider having a close look at when you eat what... how long between last meal at night, first in the morning, how long the gaps are between meals, etc.

Just my 2c worth, but clearly the running and 1 hour cardio per day isn't getting you the result you need.

Yeah cardio doesnt work there are so many fat runners out there

No Jimjim, there are many skinny runners out there, sure, many runners have acceptably low levels of bodyfat.

It's entirely possible to be get to be very lean by doing cardio alone, provided you're prepared to be light weight and comparatively lacking in muscle mass, sprinters and highest level athletes aside.

For AngelBrand, cardio hasn't been working to shift the BF she wants shifted despite doing a lot of it, so maybe it's time to try something different. Besides, who's to say that all the cardio she's been doing hasn't had a negative affect on her lean muscle mass.

No Jimjim, there are many skinny runners out there, sure, many runners have acceptably low levels of bodyfat.

It's entirely possible to be get to be very lean by doing cardio alone, provided you're prepared to be light weight and comparatively lacking in muscle mass, sprinters and highest level athletes aside.

For AngelBrand, cardio hasn't been working to shift the BF she wants shifted despite doing a lot of it, so maybe it's time to try something different. Besides, who's to say that all the cardio she's been doing hasn't had a negative affect on her lean muscle mass.

Move faster to loose more fat. Too many people just go throught the motions on the cardio equipment instead of pushing their limits. drop some calories and move more. Easy.

Yeah cardio doesnt work there are so many fat runners out there

:roll:

That's quite a big statement considering you've probably only seen a few hefty runners. Cardio is integral to effective weight loss, given that you're on a strict or at least balanced diet and that you increase the intensity of the cardio/run thereafter.

my diet consumption is fine, will look into what time to eat what more closely, and set some exact time. and increasing cardio wont do much except shed muscle.

anyone know any specific exercises that target that area..? ive tried searching online but havent found any and cannot afford pt sessions at the moment.

:ditto: I agree. Exercises target muscles to make them grow, but bodyfat "just is" - its purpose is to be an energy store, not to cause joints to move or whatever.... and while we might wish that doing ab exercises would cause fat to burn off our abs, where bodyfat is consumed from is completely unrelated to the muscle being worked at the time.

Sadly, spot reduction remains a myth...

I might be on the wrong track here but these are exercises I do to 'target' that area..... (which don't use weights)

Side Leg raises - Lying and Standing

Hip Extension

Arch Ups on floor or maybe your gym has (I think it’s called..) a Roman Chair

That’s all I can think of right now.

Women have a lot of alpha-2 adrenoreceptors in their hips and thighs, which tend to reduce blood flow and encourage fat deposits there. Men tend to have this in the chest and midsection, hence love handles.

1. Eat low-carb. Low carb diets increase catecholamine output, and this can encourage blood flow to those stubborn spots.

2. This is also why women can benefit from doing more cardio (one reason, anyway) when trying to lean up; cardio encourages blood flow. 20-40 minutes a day, and it doesn't have to be strenuous. Strenuous cardio on the regular can encourage muscle loss, which is already bad enough in women.

3. If it really isn't budging, you might try adding yohimbine on top of the LC diet and cardio. If you use it, take 5-20mg in the morning (start on the low end and titrate up), before any meals and with a cup of coffee (200mg of NoDoz if you're not a coffee drinker), and do your 20-40 minutes of cardio that way.

4. If that doesn't work...well, there are a few extra steps to take, but try those first before jumping into the wilder stuff.

I've read that doing a bit (a few sprints etc, not a whole workout) of HIIT before your slow steady state cardio can help by releasing more catecholamines, thus increasing the blood flow to those spots even further and releasing more fatty acids, which the steady state can then be used to help burn off. Would you agree with this Pman?

Yeah, that's Lyle McDonald's stubborn fat cardio. And it does work very well. I didn't mention it because the other steps should come first. SFC can be hard on recovery (intervals at the last stages of a hard diet are not fun), but as soon as you mention Magic Fat Loss Secret that's the first thing people will go do.

The diet & regular cardio fixes should come first, and then if there's still stubborn spots that won't budge you can throw that in.

Hi there, I would like to mention an exercise that I did for 3 months which nearly eradicated all of my belly and back fat. I have just started back the routine again after having 2 babies and would like to say, IT wORKS!

Unlike what everyone else is saying I actually believe you can change shape by spot training. I would like to recommend Callenetics (either Super, or 10 in 10). It will shave an inch off your hips in one month.

If you do decide to have a go, please let me know how you do I would love to hear your results.

Unlike what everyone else is saying I actually believe you can change shape by spot training. .

:pfft: if you train all the different spots that is.

Hip fat is mainly a mixture of genetic predisposition,excess calories and lack of insulin sensitivity.you cant fix the first part ,but you should try and concentrate on the second and 3rd.