My journal

HarryB

• 10 months later...

Well after some months of basically zero training and a long long break from gear I've finally made my back to some consistent training. Still natty because I'm lining up a job which requires a fitness test and has a high physical component and I don't want to look obviously geared up to the eyeballs. So it's cardio every day, just starting to do some very slow running (very very very slow) followed by some bag work and then very basic weight training. 2 exercises per body part. Just getting back into it. Doing some combat training, grappling, boxing, kickboxing. Pretty interesting changing focus. Eating a relatively low protein diet and bw is around 117 having been around this same weight but quite muscular a year ago. I sometimes feel like killing myself ha ha ha ha 

Anyway thought I'd see if I could be bothered logging so I'll start today :) OK Monday!  

A multitude of reasons. Hip injury and cranked my neck pretty badly towards the end of last year. I actually thought I had a hernia but turns out I'm not that hard core. Instead I have a small tear to one of my hip flexors.. it's a real bitch and for a while I couldn't do squats or even bent over rows and that kind of thing without being in a lot of pain. So I figured I'd just take the time off. Wasn't able to train hard and I'd been working through it for a while which was just exacerbating the pain.... so a break was in order. And of course it's been good not taking any gear for close to 6 months now and my bloods are all looking great. Now I'm back in the gym. Lost a fair amount of strength, it's pretty amusing putting a weight on a bar that used to be really easy and having to grind that shit out. The first week was the worst but it's coming back pretty quick. First chest workout it was hard work doing 2pl on the bench for 2 sets of 10. 3 workouts later and I'm doing 3pl for 3 sets of 6 to 8. Can't back squat comfortably yet so just doing fronts but I can do rowing movements again so I'm confident I'll be fine. Short term I'm just working on fitness and mobility. 

7 hours ago, bang_bang said:

Were you able to restore your natural test production to any extent? Having a decent break from gear was the best thing i've done. My body has responded like its my first cycle

Yeah man. I'm anticipating my body responding very well when I decide to start a cycle again. But in truth I've never really suffered sides like I read about here with some of the guys. I've never seemed to need a whole lot to get a good response and I have always had a lot of off time so I've never suffered significant sides. As far as the gym goes as long as I'm training hard and regularly my strength has always stayed pretty good between cycles. Even this time with a few months complete inactivity my strength is coming back pretty quick. I don't have any expectation of lifting stuff I used to but be nice to get closeish...

Oh well on and off I've always done some grappling specifically jiu jitsu and I've also always done boxing and a little kickboxing. Nothing fancy, I do enough grappling to make sure I don't get choked or taken to the ground if I can help and I do enough boxing to keep my technique and timing up to some kind of standard. I have taken a liking to kickboxing because it helps close the distance for a short armed guy like me. So all I've done is give that type of training more time. I'm really lucky to have a bloke I've known for years and used to bounce with living just down the road from me. He was a pretty good kickboxer and trains people now so we do pads and light sparring. The wrestling I do with another guy I've trained with for a long while on and off. 

• 4 weeks later...

Fitness is going pretty good and my strength isn't too bad. Tried a 4pl bench the other day, first time in a long long while. Got it :) not bad for an old guy. Sure I used to rep it but all things considered I felt pretty good about it. 

Oh and just started working with a guy who used to fight in the k1 so trying to organize some training with him. I anticipate getting beat down but hopefully I'll learn a few things before I die. 

Overall everything is tracking pretty well. I do cardio and conditioning stuff first then usually pick 3 or 4 exercises and do them. Just basics. Starting to look like I train and not so much like a fat guy who used to train. Squats are woeful but I'm waiting til I'm happy with my fitness before I start working on bringing that number back up. Shoulder and chest strength is coming on pretty quick and I'm still natty. 

11 hours ago, FellowshipOfTheRon said:

fark welcome back, you gonna say what this job is you are applying for? merecenary? assassin?

Lol I'm working for the company now. It's nothing that exciting but does a variety of things. Mostly personal protection and emergency response type stuff. It's in the private sector though so let's be honest it's a shitload of standing around doing nothing :) but their expectation of ability is high. 

4 hours ago, HarryB said:

Lol I'm working for the company now. It's nothing that exciting but does a variety of things. Mostly personal protection and emergency response type stuff. It's in the private sector though so let's be honest it's a shitload of standing around doing nothing :) but their expectation of ability is high. 

what industry?

Just now, maccaz said:

what industry?

The security industry. I would imagine the nature of the work would have made that evident. 

I've done every type of security work for the last million years. I tried getting a real job and didn't like it. 

12 minutes ago, HarryB said:

The security industry. I would imagine the nature of the work would have made that evident. 

I've done every type of security work for the last million years. I tried getting a real job and didn't like it. 

Ah sorry i mean what industry are the clients.  

I yarn to some of the security guys from my job sites (mines). Sounds not too boring. 

3 hours ago, maccaz said:

Ah sorry i mean what industry are the clients.  

I yarn to some of the security guys from my job sites (mines). Sounds not too boring. 

Oh OK. Well the company provides security for the Jewish community. I'm not sure if they have one group doing that down in vic.

• 1 month later...

Had a training day on wednesday which started off with a fitness test lol 2k run 10 mins. Yeah I know that's probably easy for some of you guys but I only just snuck in at 9 mins 30 something seconds lol. Then pushups, chins and sit ups. That part was relatively easy. They only wanted 5 chins 30 pushups and 30 sit ups. I did the minimum. Well I did 40 pushup lol. One of the guys did 73 or something. There was a minute time frame. He also did 30 chin ups. 

Then we did a bunch of weapon retention work  (for a sidearm) and some pads and take downs. Was actually loads of fun. Most of the guys are ex army or police and a pretty fit bunch. I'm the only unfit one. Of course now I'm still wrecked and chest training today was shit. Just bench and flyes and a few push downs. It's a long slow comeback.

• 8 months later...

So I'm still slogging away. On insta at hb2036. Some recent stuff. Had some shoulder and knee and old age issues. About 119k. Mostly just focus on training other people but still work hard to hold my own shit together :) 

received_830193903788458.mp4

received_830196437121538.mp4

received_831403417000840.mp4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...