My journal

HarryB

• 2 weeks later...

post-6996-14166824581175_thumb.jpgStill working on the quiet. Despite what people may say lol I actually really enjoyed the wgtn show. I needed to get the nerves of being onstage out of the way and I really enjoyed being with some old friends and new friends alike. Had a couple of issues but didn't try to address them cos... well wouldn't have made much difference. The main thing for me was getting onstage. Funny realising I don't have to even think about size or proportion fans just focus on condition. Cos I always feel like I am tiny.

I put some pics together which kind of show the journey up til now.. just for amusement.

Ha ha ha ha Tom yeah at one stage I would have agreed with you. Now not so much.

Ummm as for plans samurai.. well NZ nationals next weekend and Aus nationals 3 weeks after that. I looked at the process as stepping stones to recovering some stage confidence and knowing where I stand in a line up. So the Wgtn show was just to get that first hurdle done and I did that which was great. Also realised that the front running guys in NZ aren't so big and bad that I can't compete with them. The nationals is the next step in that journey and then the Aus nationals which will be harder than a mofo lol...

An interesting side note for me personally is how quickly your mindset falls back into that really dissatisfied bodybuilder mode. Here I am in the best shape I have been in for 7 years and getting leaner every day and yet rather than recognise that I am just critical of every step of the process. And we as bodybuilders have this idea that nothing is going to be good enough. Silly really especially when you take in to account the fact that you don't know a persons journey and the obstacles they overcame or even their starting point. I was very motivated at the Wgtn show after talking to a 47 year old figure woman who had dropped 37 kilos to compete and looked amazing, now that's an amazing journey and effort. I guess it's why I try and look at people a little less critically when they decide to compete because I don't know what their starting point was or what their journey involved.

It is also really interesting to me to be walking around in this particular version of my body again and how people react to that. Both in a positive and a negative way. I am not sure how I feel about it a lot of the time cos I am the same guy I was 3 months ago just a whole lot leaner and well in my everyday life no one really knows I am a bodybuilder at all. I am just that big dude at work who used to bust out of his suit and now looks like he is wearing his dad's suit to work ha ha ha ha ha

The last few years I haven't really thought of myself even as a bodybuilder. I just train and have a few muscles and used to compete. My every day friends aren't bodybuilders and well I just find it interesting having bodybuilders and being exposed to that particular set of values....

Lol the best thing to come out of it is that my 2 year old daughter now knows how to do a front double bicep!!

Sounds good uso! So you'll be dieting when I'm over ha ha ha ha ha

You will always be critcal, like Shawn Ray said you can never be content with how you look.. once you are, the other competitors will surpass you.

ummm well what I mean is the whole idea is a little retarded lol... it's what pushes us to excesses.

And ummm when are you coming? You might crush me in the gym.

Ha ha ha ha Tom yeah at one stage I would have agreed with you. Now not so much.

Ummm as for plans samurai.. well NZ nationals next weekend and Aus nationals 3 weeks after that. I looked at the process as stepping stones to recovering some stage confidence and knowing where I stand in a line up. So the Wgtn show was just to get that first hurdle done and I did that which was great. Also realised that the front running guys in NZ aren't so big and bad that I can't compete with them. The nationals is the next step in that journey and then the Aus nationals which will be harder than a mofo lol...

An interesting side note for me personally is how quickly your mindset falls back into that really dissatisfied bodybuilder mode. Here I am in the best shape I have been in for 7 years and getting leaner every day and yet rather than recognise that I am just critical of every step of the process. And we as bodybuilders have this idea that nothing is going to be good enough. Silly really especially when you take in to account the fact that you don't know a persons journey and the obstacles they overcame or even their starting point. I was very motivated at the Wgtn show after talking to a 47 year old figure woman who had dropped 37 kilos to compete and looked amazing, now that's an amazing journey and effort. I guess it's why I try and look at people a little less critically when they decide to compete because I don't know what their starting point was or what their journey involved.

It is also really interesting to me to be walking around in this particular version of my body again and how people react to that. Both in a positive and a negative way. I am not sure how I feel about it a lot of the time cos I am the same guy I was 3 months ago just a whole lot leaner and well in my everyday life no one really knows I am a bodybuilder at all. I am just that big dude at work who used to bust out of his suit and now looks like he is wearing his dad's suit to work ha ha ha ha ha

The last few years I haven't really thought of myself even as a bodybuilder. I just train and have a few muscles and used to compete. My every day friends aren't bodybuilders and well I just find it interesting having bodybuilders and being exposed to that particular set of values....

Lol the best thing to come out of it is that my 2 year old daughter now knows how to do a front double bicep!!

who are the top nz guys you are competing against? if Wellington was anything to go by your nowhere near that level yet.

no disrespect as you have the size but the conditioning was way way off. I just think you being disrespectful comparing yourself to the top guys.

who are the top nz guys you are competing against? if Wellington was anything to go by your nowhere near that level yet.

no disrespect as you have the size but the conditioning was way way off. I just think you being disrespectful comparing yourself to the top guys.

lol ok... well what I meant was I don't have to chase size I have plenty and balance with it. Just conditioning.. and that's the easy bit. I didn't do wgtn thinking I would be the leanest guy, I just did it to qualify for nationals and get my stage confidence back and I achieved that end.

I quite happily compare myself to the top guys.. when I am in my best shape I am very very very competitive in any lineup. So not disrespecting them just saying I can compete with them. You may not think so nor may many others ha ha ha ha but I think so. I know most of the top guys in nz and it's nothing I won't say straight to someone.

I understand your reasonably new on here so that might be the excuse you can use but you are actually being really disrespectful yourself. And if you knew anything about Harry you would soon realise he is a one of the most knowledgable bodybuilders on this forum.

To say he is nowhere the top level is an odd comment from a person who competes. He is a few weeks of dieting off. Bodybuilding is not just about conditioning. But that is what you are basing your opinion on. If his size was way off then yeh that takes a long time to improve. As does symmetry and balance. You cant change those in a few weeks. But um look at this guys size, and shape, and the fullness of his muscles and maybe you might wana rethink your comment.

Be there in just under 8 weeks uce so enough time for me to get my strength up :pfft:

You have plenty of time to come in bro, when you nail it haters won't be hating. As TLAF showed you have done it in the past numerous times

Yeah I just don't really care though what people think bro... you should know that by now. It's just bodybuilding and it's 10 minutes on stage. If you do it for others... nothing good can come of your achievement cos they will never be good enough.

couldn't understand a thing the fan club said sounded like they had their mouths full.

You are more than entitled to your opinion but let's please not turn this into a slagging match. Something about glass houses and throwing stones applies here. Not in my journal though please.

My recollection would tell me that nz bodybuilding is actually more about conditioning than anything else.

That's pretty much anywhere really Tom. If two guys have similar conditioning then other factors come into play but really at an amateur national level the leanest guy generally wins barring some sort of amazing shape and still conditioned muscle of another guy.

Conditioning though is an easy enough problem to solve. What did you say earlier.. the 5 Cs? LOL... size, proportion and shape.. well that can't be fixed in a few weeks. So if you have those factors but aren't conditioned, you just condition yourself and you are competitive.

Hence me saying I know I can be competitive cos I have more than anything of those other factors it is just conditioning that I am working towards. Etc etc etc etc bored with this now... lol