My journal

HarryB

Where the weight at now? Must be some deep slits getting grooved with these sessions :nod:

Yeah things are going along ok. Last week down to 103.5 I weigh on Sunday mornings so not looking forward to how skinny I will be this week! I've tightened up again so things are dropping. On track for best ever condition come Nationals and should look decent in Wgtn.

Did arms this morning. 3 exercises triceps 3 exercises biceps and 1 exercise forearms. Cardio then done. Beautiful weekend over here and lots to do!

Inspirational journal. :nod:

Thanks bro.... :oops:

Trained legs this morning..

Calves 5 sets of 12-15

Squats (did these fresh as cos I wanted to try and do a decent weight.)

60k, 100k, 140k, 180k/ 6 reps each then belt and wraps on and thank you lord managed 6 reps at 220k. Been getting so annoyed every week at getting buried by this weight so really worked hard to grind out 6. Then did a set of 10 with 140k.

Leg extns 4 sets 12-14

Lying leg curls 4 sets 12-15

Done. No cardio at gym but went just now for an hour walk with the kids.

Low volume workout but I was actually really happy to do halfway decent squats. Running on empty at the moment so more just trying to make sure my body is forced to hold onto the muscle I have than anything else.

Oh weighed this morning.... 101.8. Lightest in years.. tossing up whether or not to crab a little for the show and thinking I won't bother. Just drop water and be flat and as dry as possible. Stage weight maybe around 97? Lol is that even bodybuilding?

Stage weight maybe around 97?

shit...you'll be tight as a drum skin 8)

It's been interesting this time around. Because I have been carrying a fair amount of weight for a while my skin isn't as tight as it used to be in certain areas but I am feeling pretty good. I think that high 90s I can't look flat cos that's still a load of muscle for my height but by nationals when I feel like I am ready properly and can do a full load and get some glycogen in my muscles I should be very tight. Hell I will have to be or I am going to get swamped by all the young up and comers... (yeah I mean you SG!) lol

How long since your last comp cut?

How long have dinosaurs been extinct? :lol:

Actually I dieted down last year for this same show. Got down to around 104 or something and just wasn't feeling like I would look any good. Conditioning was coming along ok but I was imbalanced. My bad leg was lagging behind and I didn't feel like my upper body had enough thickness so I decided not to do the show.

But my last time onstage was 06 so a long time ago now and I spent most of the time in between cruising between 110 and 120 in true burger eating samoan fashion!

It's going to be interesting onstage after all these years that's for sure.

Need to get the nerves out.

Thanks Pete lol mofo!

Did back and chest tonight. Mostly back. At this stage just trying to squeeze everything and get my blood moving around.

Straight arm pulldowns 5 sets 12-15

Cable crossovers 5 sets 10-15

Chins 4 sets 12-15. 2 sets parallel grip and 2 sets wide grip. Loving how easy chins are at the moment.

Bb rows 60k, 80k, 100k, 120k/ 12 reps then another 10 with 120k and a finish set of 100k for I'm not sure how many but a few.

Hammer strength incline press 2pps, 3pps, 3.5pps, 3.5pps, 2pps/ 8-15 reps with partials

Hammer strength rows 2pps, 3pps, 3.5pps, 3.5pps, 2pps/12-15 reps each.

One arm low pulley rows 3 sets 12-15 holding contraction.

Done.

Been doing cardio in the morning and then again after training or at home.

Not bad today. Got some energy from somewhere.

Good stuff bro, you feel like you're peaking well?

I've got my HarryB banner made up and ready to go for the show 8)

Ha ha ha ha ha the pressure..

I feel ok man. I know I am not 100% and I didn't expect to be because I really want to hit it 100% for nationals. The problem is I keep second guessing where I am at and wanting to change things up etc etc etc so have to keep my head straight and stick to my original game plan. The idea was to drop weight slowly and hold as much roundness to my muscles as possible. When I ditch heaps of weight in a hurry I look the worse for it so I have had to resist the urge to just smash myself to rush the process. I think I will look decent in Wellies but I keep in mind that I am on perfect track for nationals.

It's such a mind f*ck at this point aye bro.

You've done the hard work and you'll look fantastic on stage. Wish I could be there to watch. Best of luck :). I'll catch you at the nats \:D/

Thanks bro, it is at the moment. You know exactly... add to that about a million years offstage and it messes with your head big time. Never mind this one is just a stepping stone. That's my story anyways. Look forward to the nationals though. Hopefully nerves will be gone after this weekend.

Did shoulders and arms last night.

Face pulls 5 sets 10-15

One arm cable rear delt 1 set 15 holding in contracted position

Seated military press 40k, 60k, 80k, 100k/10 then 2 sets with 60k for about 15 each.

Cable laterals 2 sets 12-15 reps

Seated lateral machine 2 sets 12-15 reps

Hammer strength shoulder press 1pps, 2 pps, 3 pps/ 12 reps then 4 pps/ 9 reps.

Pushdowns 5 sets 15-20 reps very deliberate and held contraction, slow negative. Instant pump.

Standing db curls 5 sets 10-12 reps. Worked up to 2 sets with 25k dbs again slow negative and held contraction

One arm hammer strength preacher 4 sets 10-12

20 mins cardio on treadmill.

Good workout, trained fast and still relatively decent weight. If nothing else at least I'll have decent delts onstage.

Hey Harry looks like your on track bro, should be awesome to see the great on stage. Will get in on that banner idea with Drizzt we be your kiwi groupies.

Ha ha ha ha ha be good to catch up bro. Squats on sunday morning?

I feel ok about how I will look. Not my best but on track for nationals.

Hey Harry looks like your on track bro, should be awesome to see the great on stage. Will get in on that banner idea with Drizzt we be your kiwi groupies.

Ha ha ha ha ha be good to catch up bro. Squats on sunday morning?

I feel ok about how I will look. Not my best but on track for nationals.

nt sre if srs bout squats?

It's such a mind f*ck at this point aye bro.

You've done the hard work and you'll look fantastic on stage. Wish I could be there to watch. Best of luck :). I'll catch you at the nats \:D/

:ditto: ... I'm feeling the same - wish I had a pre-show in some respects to lift confidence a bit but resisting the urge to change anything myself. 2006 last comp - huge achievement n getting to where you are big fella. Looking forward to the pics. Important thing is to enjoy yourself - still nats to come and you're already qualified. takes pressure off a bit imo. Go Harry!

In Wgtn and its nearly time to do it. Weighed in last night at 101, could have dropped under easily enough I guess but didn't want to stress too much about weight and trying to make a class so happy to do the 100 plus class. Wonder if there's anyone else in it?

I also signed up to do masters. Might as well get as much stage time as possible I figured. Maybe posing for that will make me a bit harder come open class time?

Staying with the Dolans and can I say sharing with bodybuilders who are trying to dry out is a gaseous business LOL. . . .