My journal

HarryB

Legs today.

Squats

Bar,40k,60k,80k,100k,140k/12 reps each

180k/8 loose wraps. Feet closer together and knee feeling great yay!

220k/3 drop set 140k/9 drop set 60k/10 drop set to lying on the ground lol

Best feeling in my quads and knees for a long while, pretty happy.

Leg press, weight per side

80k,160k/12 reps each

260k/7 rest pause 2 more reps

Lying leg curls

4 sets 12 every set heavier, didn't worry about weight. My hams were already pumped from quad work...

That's it, pretty lame really in terms of volume but I work as hard as I can. Try some front squats next week and hit a few more reps. Alternate low and medium rep weeks. I hate high reps so I don't do them, yes I know I must be lazy.

Trained delts, calves, biceps

It was 30+ degrees at 730 this morning when I trained and of course the aircon wasn't working. I sweated just warming up!

Calves on hack squat machine, 5 sets of 12-15 up to 5 plates a side.

Bent laterals

5k,10k, 15k, 20k/12 reps each

25k/11

30k/7. Great pump.

Smith machine front press (weight per side)

10k,20k,40k/10 reps each

50K/8

60k/4 reps drop to 40k/9 drop to 20k/10

Db laterals

12.5k,17.5k,22.5k/8 reps each

27.5k/7 drop set to 15k/5

Hammer curls

5k,10k, 15k, 20k, 25k/8 reps each

30k/6

Shoulders were trashed was a good workout despite the heat...

First things first, if you've got friends and family in QLD I hope they're ok. Not sure how much they covered it in NZ but so far no casualties.

Did back this morning, have to say the gear is really kicking in, feeling very full and got pumped doing my warm ups.

Straight arm pulldowns

4 sets of 12-15, lats got instantly pumped

Parallel grip chins

8,8,7,6 reps haven't done these in ages and damn they were hard

Bent bb rows

70k, 100k, 140k/8 reps each

160k/5 drop to 100k/6 drop to 60k/7

Hammer pulldowns

3 sets up to 80k per side for 7 reps

Rack deadlifts

100k,140k,180k/8 reps each

220k/6

Done and dusted, back is pumped.

Chest and triceps today.

Felt crap today, just too hot to sleep last night and up way too early.

Decided to train a little easier today with 90 second breaks, good for a nice pump and saved my joints. Just weak as piss.

Flat bb bench

Bar, 40k, 60k, 100k/12 reps each

140/8/8/7/6 reps each

Incline flyes

22.5k, 35k, 42.5k/10 reps each

Incline smith mach press

Up to 3 plates a side for 2 sets of 8

For triceps I did 4 sets of 12 overhead cable extensions followed by 4 sets of regular pushdowns same reps.

Was pumped and very quick workout. I need to do some cardio though cos my strength dropped off real quick.

Another stinking hot day here in sydney. Sore knee and sore hip today.

Legs and biceps today.

Calf raises on the hack squat for 5 sets of 12 down to 8 reps. Last 2 sets with 6 plates a side for 8-10.

Toe presses on the calf machine for 3 sets of 15. 1 leg at a time.

Db straight leg deads

10k,20k, 30k, 40k/12 reps each set

50k/10 then again for 9

Lying leg curls

3 sets of 12

Leg extns

4 sets of 10-12

Hack squats plates per side, wasn't locking reps out cos that hurt my hip and feet close cos that didn't hurt knee (stupid old man body)

1pl, 2pl, 3pl, 4pl/12 reps each

5pl/10

It's a hammer strength hack squat so it's not really hard like proper hack squats

Front squats

60k/10

100k/10

Stopped cos this was killing my hip

Went home and had a protein shake and contemplated quitting leg training altogether and just throwing out all my shorts lol

Thanks man, at least I can still train a little bit so it could always be worse!!! My legs are on the comeback even with my limited ability to train them, thank you god for muscle memory!!

I am actually improving in strength and growing from one week to the next whilst still getting leaner. A combo of muscle memory and a bit of gear. I was going to take sus and deca every 5 days but decided to just use them once a week. I don't like to have a puffy face and straight away with the sus my face filled out so will cut back so it doesn't get any worse. I have also increased my food intake now, not by much but a little.

Definitely enjoying training even with the issues I am having with my knee. My hip I put out somehow but have no idea how. It feels ok today? I guess I will see how it is when under pressure on back day.

Shoulders, traps, biceps

Seated bb press

Bar, 40k, 60k, 80k, 100k/12 reps each

120k/5+1 forced rep

80k/14

Standing lateral raise

10k,15k, 20k/12 reps each

25k/11

30k/6

Bent lateral

12.5k, 20k, 27.5k/12 reps each

30k/9

Bb shrugs

100k, 140k/12 reps each

180k/9

Bb curls

Bar, 40k, 50k/ 10 reps each

60k/3 hurt my wrist, no more bb curls try ez curl bar next time.

Lol nothing casual about it! I only did 120 cos I got so many at 100 and yeah I've always been relatively strong on all pressing exercises. Nothing spectacular but I go ok. Quads and shoudlers were my dominant bodyparts starting out.

:shock: What a freak! Bro that is mental, like all the other dudes are saying. Good stuff bro keep going hard 8)

Well hopefully as I keep at it I will be able to regain some of my old numbers and maybe even beat some of them. I'd be very happy in my old age if I could do that!!!!

I have back later on today, I wonder if they have bought a new handle so I can do tbars?

Right went to the gym and still no handle for tbar rows!

Back today not enough time for anything else oh and yeah I was wiped after back.

Rack deads

Bar, 60k, 100k, 140k, 200k/ 8 reps each set

230k/6 (felt pretty easy)

260k/ 2 (felt fucking hard lol) was aiming for 3 but couldn't get the 3rd over my knees.

Bb rows

Bar,60k, 100k/12

140k/10

180k/3 drop to 140k/3 drop to 100k/4 bit ambitious here need to sit on 160 for a while before I try 180 again

Hammer pulldowns

4 sets up to 90k per side for 6

Straight arm pulldowns 4 sets of 12 - 15 reps.

Back was wiped. Only have an hour to train so pretty fast paced!!

Ok today was calves, chest and biceps

Weight is still 113 and getting leaner bit by bit. Things are going well, feeling strong and still plenty of energy.

Toe presses for calves on leg press

5 sets 12-15

Calves on hack squat

4 sets 8-10

Incline bb

Bar, 60k, 100k/12 reps each

130k/6 (felt strong and easy)

160k/4 reps

140k/5 drop to 100k/7 drop to 60k/11

Flat bb

60k,100k/12 reps each

140k/8

180k/2 + 1 forced rep (felt good just bloody heavy)

115k/12

Cable crossovers

4 sets of 12

Clean and press

40k, 60k, 80k/6

Standing db curls

10k, 20k, 30k/8

35k/6

Felt strong so wanted to try 4 plates and did it so pretty good workout. No pain in shoulders or elbows!

Did legs sunday morning... better than church I reckon and a whole lot holier!

Trying to address the issues I am having with my knee and hip and the fact my left leg now lags behind my right in development.

Leg extensions.

5 sets of one leg at a time extensions 12-15 reps just continuous until my quads were burning. Only a teeny tiny weight but my quads got so pumped.

Leg press

One leg at a time for 4 sets focusing on keeping my knees in line with my hip and nice tight movement. 12 reps at a time.

Then normal leg press plates per side, feet lower on foot pad and quite close, just inside shoulder width. Just focused on smashing quads.

5p, 8p, 11p/12 reps each

13p/10

Squats

60k, 100k, 140k, 180k/8 reps each.

Done. Squats were very hard after the other quad work and changed my foot stance there also so that I didn't feel any pain in my hip. Feet closer and toes pointing straight forward. It's monday morning a I write this and my quads kill. Glutes and hams are ok though so I guess I managed to get them out of the movement and my knee and hip are ok today!

I did some triceps just to do them.

Overhead cable extensions

4 sets of 12-15

CG bench

40k, 60k, 80k, 100k/ reps each

My triceps don't hurt at all today but I didn't want to push them any harder yesterday because of all the pressing I did on saturday.

Shoulders, traps and biceps today

Seated db shoulder press

10k,15k,20k,25k,32.5k,42.5k/12 reps each

50k/10

50k/7

Seated machine lat raise

4 sets of 12 up to the stack

Bent laterals

10k,15k, 20k, 25k/12

30k/9

Bb shrugs

60k, 100k, 140k, 160k/ 8 reps each

Hammer strength preachers

4 sets 12 down to 8 reps up to 50k

1 set 1 arm at a time with just 20k.. Not sure how many reps but til I couldn't move it.

Not bad, shoulders pumped as anything managed to keep good pace. Biceps ok but strong side dominates ny operated on one still so did the single arm set.

Ok did a lame ass back workout... my TP had a twinge in his lower back so didn't want to do deads or heavy bb rows. Gay I know... so I will do deads on sat when I do chest.

Close grip pulldowns

5 sets of 10-12 reps up to 120k

Hammer pulldowns

4 sets of 10-12 reps up to 80k a side

HS high iso rows?

4 sets of 10-12 reps up to 80k a side

Straight arm pulldowns

4 sets of 12-15

HS seated rows

4 sets of 12 reps up to 4 plates a side

That was it.. probably took only about 50 minutes

Did the sets with only enough rest time for him to do his set and kept the intensity high because we weren't going heavy. Lats were very very pumped but because I didn't do any bb rows or any kind of deadlift it felt like I didn't really do anything! Deads on sat and maybe bb rows too!