Fonterra Whey Protein

NewZealand

Isolate has always been the only Whey protein.

Really depends what you consider to be the benefits of whey protein. Most isolate on the market is denatured Ion Exchange isolate and is damaged due to the acid used in the manufacturing process. Lose out on some of the immune enhancing benefits and tends to have higher proportion of the Beta-Lactoglobulin that alot of people tend to have allergies to. Bit lower in lactose and fat but there's good stuff in the fat so the lower the fat the more you're losing out on. You might be getting an extra 3gram of protein per 30g serve and WPI's are higher in BCAA's and have a bit BV but the added cost probably outweighs this benefit of this.

If you can afford to use microfiltered or ultrafiltered non ion-exchange isolate then I would say it is better than concentrate, however personally I think a decent WPC (we're talking NZ WPC, not sure where the US/Canadian guys get their WPC from but some of it seems to be pretty ***) is better than IE WPI.

Is it effective in adding mass? all i want is the weight gain, not that interested in the muscle, because im skinny as hell.
If you eat enough of it it will add mass. If you aren't concerned about muscle get off the bodybuilding forums and get into the fat forums, start drinking beer and eating pies and you'll be fine.

WPI for Protein, EVOO for Fats and Fruit for Carbs

Bet you're either on a shitload of multi's, zinc, iron an other supplements, or you're highly deficient quite a few vitamins and minerals. Funny you said how we're not babies so need the WPI to avoid upset stomachs, yet don't understand that because we're not babies we're not meant to live on a liquid diet. No wonder you get hungry so often.

So you can drink 500g - 1kg or WPC per day and have no stomach problems?

Try it for a month and tell me your not shitting your pants and stinking out the house.

No stomach problems for anybody even lactose intolerent people - which we all are really, we arnt Babies.

No sorry I can't eat 1kg of whey protein per day, if I were to eat 50grams a day I'd be shitting my pants and stinking the house out let alone 500g a day, and no sorry even lactose intolerant people have issues with WPI's unless there is zero milk sugar which is very rare even in isolates (except US ones which are allowed to label something as 0g even when it isn't 0g). Being lactose intolerant I know for a fact I can't drink Isolate on a daily basis.

I dont eat alot of carbs so Im pretty much always hungry.40-50g Protein, 30-50g Carbs and 10-20g Fat.

Not sure if you've heard of gluconeogenesis? It's what occurs when you eat excessive amounts of protein your body deaminates the protein and converts it to glucose. With 1000g of protein a day I would think that you would be in excess so alot of it will be converted into glucose and you won't actually get the benefit of the protein. You would be better off eating more carbs and less protein. I guess you're on quite a lot of sauce which would help a bit with being able to get away with that much protein however 8x your LBM in protein per day seems a bit excessive to me. Must be working for you to be able to maintain 10% BF at 120kg, not sure it would work for everyone though.

500g per day = 400g Protein
500g of WPI = 400g protein - that's only 80% which would be a WPC. 500G WPI would be 450g protein @ 90%.

I dont really see the difference of WPI,EVOO + Fruit to Broiled Chicken + EVOO + Fruit, no longer "all liquid" but still the same outcome. Also im consuming alot of fruit are they all liquid aswell? Or are you saying because I use a blender "that im not meant to", do we have to chew or food to grow? That new.

No longer all liquid, but still not fantastic by any means. The all liquid comment was more towards gastrointestinal issues, we're not designed to live solely on liquids, sure it's possible but again probably not the best option. Not here to argue what works or not, if you're 120kg at 10% it's clearly working for you but I'd hate other people to get the idea that it's the ideal route to take if they want to reach those kind of stats.

I take 1 multi per day. Vitimins and Minerals in fruit/berries. Been eating like this for years, never sick, plenty on energy, stay lean easily and bloodwork always good. With 1ml Test per week.

You must be a freak of nature, I'd still wager you to be deficient in plenty of vitamins and minerals. A multi and some fruit and berries by no means equates to a well balanced diet. If it's working for you then great, but again it's not ideal.

So whats a balanced diet? Isnt even amounts of Protein,Fats and Carbs balanced.

If all you're considering is the macro-nutrients, then yes. But there's so much more than just those in everything we eat.

Dosnt a variety of fruits provide the same vitiminsa and minerals?

They do provide plenty and should be included in most diets, but they don't provide a complete range and full amounts of what you need.

Please provide the Ideal diet- which wont take me all day in the kitchen.

You're not going to find anything quicker than what you're currently doing, but as the saying goes good things take time. I don't believe there's such a thing as the ideal diet, I can't say eat x amounts of this and x amounts of that. If you don't enjoy a certain food that's prescribed to you then that's not ideal is it? People should enjoy what they're eating, life's just better that way. However I believe a good healthy diet is one with plenty of variety. Proteins; Red meats, chicken, pork, fish, eggs. Fats; nuts, avocados, various oils, eggs, red meats and fatty fish. Carbs; fruits, vegetables, oats, breads, beans. If you eat a variety of different healthy foods it's the simplest and easiest way to have a good chance of getting everything you need in your diet.

• 1 year later...
Hey can anyone please direct me to a distributor of Fonterra 20kg WPC in the Canterbury region or anyone in NZ? Thanks

You can get it from Davis trading

http://www.davis.co.nz/nonIE.htm

If you're in Auckland you can go to the Davis public store on Carbine Rd, Mt Wellington (there are other stores in other towns) and pick up either a 1.5kg bag of the WPC for $40 or a 20kg sack of WPI or WPC at current market value.

I go in there cos I also buy big bags of cheap oats, dextrose and nuts at the same time as well as cheap spices and lots of other cooking and general food stuff

The WPC is nice. It smells and tastes like powdered milk (funny that) and is really easy to mix with water or milk and always fresh. It is not horrible at all, it's nice (srs). It just tastes like watery milk but it is best when the water is nice and cold. Because it isn't flavoured with sickly artificial flavours you can also add it to more other foods more successfully than you normally could with flavoured stuff. You can bake with it and add it to loads of foods

The 1.5kg bag is a good trial size. Another thing you can do with it is use it to make your normal flavoured powders last longer. If you use 2 scoops of chocolate and one of plain you get 50% more protein with no loss of flavour and because the plain stuff is cheap you save $$$

It's pretty much all I eat in terms of WPC now. More versatile, fresher and cheaper. I do buy flavoured tubs now and then when I get a bit bored but I always bulk the shakes up with plain at least