NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
BodySculpt

training a muscle twice consecutively

Have you ever worked a muscle group then the next day for some reason instead of resting youve have to hit that muscle again..? and got much increased DOMS from it..? I wonder if that then equates to increased growth.. probably not...?

I guess it would be a shock tactic, something you could do for a couple of weeks..

there is a few guys in my gym that train chest and biceps for consecutive days dosent seem to be doing them anygood :doh:

Haha yeah, you're gym isn't special in that respect though

yeah well it wouldnt be overtraining if you got a full weeks rest... say 2 days of chest/bis the 2 days of back/tris and so on...

proof is in the pudding though i guess, def sounds like a shock tactic though. i'll have to try it in a few weeks, just something to add to the arsenal i guess..

Have you ever worked a muscle group then the next day for some reason instead of resting youve have to hit that muscle again..? and got much increased DOMS from it..? I wonder if that then equates to increased growth.. probably not...?

I guess it would be a shock tactic, something you could do for a couple of weeks..

Yes It can be done, epecially for lagging parts of the body..I do this for legs especially.

yes it can be done but the intensity would be a tad lower and the weight used azwell I trained my chest and arms 4 times in the space of 8 days once was fun

yea ive heard of training same muscle twice in a row first day would be light single joint isolation exercises higher reps 25-30 without going to failure on any. Then eat plenty after and go heavier next day 6-12 reps then take week off for recovery. aprently its called "priming the pump" promotes muscles to take in more nutrients for next workout. personally I havnt tried it just something I read