High protein low carb breakfast without eggs?

Cameron_R

Hi,

I'm looking for a high protein, low carb breakfast that does not include eggs. I've done some trawling over the net (and this forum), but can't find much ... any suggestions?

I'm not up for a steak, tuna or anything too crazy - I find it hard enough to eat at that time, so it's gotta be at least kinda breakfasty (if you get me).

Ta

I was thinking more along the lines of cold breakfasts, I'm about as useful as tits on a bull in the morning, so cooking something is out of the question .... but that's kinda where I get stuck.

Protein shake is on the menu, but I always feel like I should eat some real food as well.

And damn! I like the sound of Sludge

Any other ideas? What about yoghurt?

I have chicken breast and a protein shake on my low carb days for "breakfast" (my first meal of the day is 1pm). I realise that's not very imaginative, but I make do because I'm lazy :pfft:

I prepare this in advance (well, the chicken breast anyway) and heat at work. Can also be had cold, that's about my only variety in this meal :pfft:

If you want to add yoghurt, it depends how low carb you're talking? You could get some natural yoghurt, and slice some fruit up and chuck it in. Obviously the type of fruit will dictate how low carb the meal is though...

When I was cutting last year, I used to have a bowl of natural yoghurt (about 200ml I think from memory) and throw in half a can of Watties Lite Fruit Salad. Carbs were relatively low from the fruit salad (around 10g for half a can if I remember right?), and negligible from the yoghurt. Quick and easy to prepare.

And careful with sludge... she's an addictive beast (and a high cal one too!) =P~

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tried this today ...

In a blender I put 4 strawberries, half a banana, 1 cup or milk, 1/2 cup of unflavoured Greek yoghurt, 1/2 cup of oates, 2 spoons of peanut butter, and one scoop of chocolate flavoured WPC.

Was very very yum :nod: No clue if it was too much (I have a hunch it was because I was crazy full after finishing it), but damn I enjoyed it :grin:

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...