CityFitness Thorndon ?

teamfatboy

Can people on this board who are currently members at Thorndon CF confirm that this system in place is producing serious results as quoted and give their thoughts on the matter?

Couldn't tell you - never used one, and none of the current crop really inspire me to look at or from their write ups, and like TFB, none have tried to court my business, so I'm not bothered.

Saying that, if I did try one, there's one based out at J'ville with a BB background who I'd probably give my business to if I was in the market - mainly because he has the right background, but also because he smiles and says hi - I don't need that (as in another thread someone mentioned about bad service) but if I'm in the market for a trainer, that would be something that made me pick someone above someone who never gave me the time of day.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 May - what? New Equipment?

Yep - eleven machines, mostly Nautilus Nitro, but some Icarian.

The Nautilus gear was mostly regular stuff, but why are the bicep curl and tricep extension machines set up so that your arms are at 45 degrees above horizontal? :think:

Oh, and among the machines is a lower back machine, and an ab one....

The price to pay: it seems they've removed all the pre-assembled barbells over 20kg (there used to pairs of bbs in 2.5kg increments up to 45 kg or so), and the prone row bench has gone. I guess I can understand ditching the pre-assembled barbells, once over 20kg you can go use an Oly bar, but I suspect it will upset some members.