Diet, Excercise - LIFESTYLE overhall - Help

DoingIt4Me

Hey everyone.

So i am a 21 year old women, i wouldnt say i am over weight but i would like to get myself back on track.

I have poor eating habits i.e: i don't eat all day until tea time where ill either have a normal meal, or, a fruit salad, or just a salad with tuna. Throughout the day i might have an apple, banana. But that's about it.

I go to the gym 5 times a week but clearly am not on the right track.

I am 5 foot2 or 158cm tall and 68kg.

At the gym i do 15 mins cross trainer, 15 mins bike, 15 mins treadmill or stair stepper then do abs, a couple of sets of squats and that is it.

I am aiming to get down to about 58-60kg which i have been at before, and tone up, build muscle, loose the fat.

Does anyone have any excercise plans or diets to reccommend to me? Anything would be AWEEESOME!

I usually go to the gym first thing in the morning at 6am for an hour to an hour and 15 mins depending how fast out of bed I am.

THANKS TO ANY HELP :) Cheeeers!

hi

5-6 smaller meals each day

exercise

rest

lots of water

as for a routine... try 3 days basic full body weights. mon,wed,fri. and do some cardio 5-6 days a week also

plenty of basic full body routines on the net to choose from. You want to keep it simple and effective so use/do the big compound exercises.

you diet will be a key player also. So put some effort into that also and you will have fantastic results :)

cut out all the junk,alcohol and sugar products!

for breakie you cant go wrong with oats,milk and a banna. also a few eggs on toast will start you off nicely

your aiming to eat smallish meals every 2-3hrs to feed and nourish your body and increase your metabolism.

I have poor eating habits i.e: i don't eat all day until tea time where ill either have a normal meal, or, a fruit salad, or just a salad with tuna. Throughout the day i might have an apple, banana. But that's about it.

I go to the gym 5 times a week but clearly am not on the right track.

I am 5 foot2 or 158cm tall and 68kg.

I'd suggest keeping a food journal as well, as I can't see how the above eating equates to 68kg at 158cm. I'm 168cm and around the 61kg mark and eat not only the 'normal meal' that you mention for dinner, but 6 other meals during the day. So somewhere along the line you are eating or drinking a lot more than you are letting on, and honesty to yourself is one of the key things with getting your diet in order :nod:

:ditto: What they said - you've got the basics right (gym membership and a five-days a week commitment), now's time to add the rest.

That starts in two places, your head and your stomach.

The others have given you some good pointers on your diet, which start with working out how much you're actually eating. You don't need to tell us that if you don't want to, but you do need to admit to yourself that every crumb you eat or drink can affect your goals. Clearly, whatever you're eating, and whenever you're eating it, is stopping you from getting results.

What you eat, and when you eat it, will affect your results. Working out on an empty tum first thing, when the body's already been fasting since you went to sleep, will not necessarily be the best thing to do, for instance.

Your head, your attitude, is just as important. For most people, this is not about a "twelve week hips-n-bum diet", it's about learning and accepting how they have to eat right, in their own individual circumstances, and committing to that. Anyone can stick to a diet for twelve weeks, but on week thirteen far too many revert to bad habits and then wonder what went wrong :doh: !

If you wanted a good all-in-one place to start, you could do a lot worse than Body For Life.

Good luck :)