16 weeks out

soundsgood

Progress pics from 16 weeks out from comp (yes I am one of those crazy ppl dieting over summer :doh: )

This will be my debut in open class. Aiming for mid 90s at weigh-in but as Mike K said - Big is good, best is better. So will be whatever weight I come in at. The conditioning starts now so I hit the stage as shredded and hard as poss.

Im 5'9 and weighed 109kg in pics taken start of this week.

I feel my quads and delts still dominate my physique a bit, will work on chest and arms more next offseason. For some reason in one of the most muscular pics one pic is larger than the other, its not really the case, just had pic taken mid pose lol.

post-2348-14166821636472_thumb.jpg

post-2348-14166821636637_thumb.jpg

post-2348-14166821636777_thumb.jpg

post-2348-14166821636916_thumb.jpg

Wow! Thanks for the positive feedback guys (and girls :pfft: ). I must be on the right track.

Shot SG.

Looks like you know where the squat rack is....

hahaha. I have had to put the 7 plate squat goal on hold for a while as I cut. In fact I have been advised it might be a good idea to drop my heavy squat sessions from here on in till comp so I can work on my symmetry. :cry: Not sure yet.

ALOT of improvements since I saw you on stage last time man. :clap: Your side chest is a killer pose.... Go hard and stay humble~

PS: Your bicep peaks and chest have improved in my opinion

Thanks bro. I have attempted to smash these two over the offseason as they were my weakest points last year.

looking thick, arms and legs looking chunkie, Improve the lats a little more and you'll be hard to mess with.

Thanks man. Hopefully once I lose a bit more around the waist, my taper will give the appearance of bigger lats :shifty: About time for you to jump back on stage isn't it mate?

Unless it's a big :-$ wanna share with us how you managed to bring up your weak points?

Its no secret man. I decided that to get big I would have to lift big so I got into powerlifting over the offseason. Lots of 5 x 5s and 5 x 3s, big singles and doubles. Negative reps and assisted reps helped too. Blimped out to 121kg at my biggest but that allowed me to put up some reasonably good numbers. As Ive come down slowly Ive managed to hold onto a reasonable amount of mass I had put on. I would also say finishing on FST7 on my arms has been killer too. Leaving the gym absolutely fatigued.

Since last season Ive also been big on training with a well suited training partner. They don't have to be as big or as strong as you, they just have to be as motivated as you. And reliable. And it doesnt have to be the same partner every time. I train with several diff ppl, but they know I make every train count. Never have a slack train. And enjoy it or whats the point 8)

could u please give us a quick run down on your diet while u were bulking?

Sure. An average would look like

7AM - Double Protein Shake / Cup Oats / Banana

10AM - 300g steak or chicken breast w cup brown rice

12PM - 2 cans Tuna Lite w cup brown rice

2PM - 300g steak or chicken breast w cup brown rice

4PM - 10 eggs (6 whole - 4 whites only) - 3 pieces vogels

6PM - Double Protein shake / Cup Oats / Banana

8PM - 500g Steak or chicken or Fish w 2 Potato's and salad

10PM - Double Protein shake

And if I felt like I wanted it I would throw in cheat meals like Burger Fuel or BK.

I have tried all sorts of bulking diets from 2500cal to over 10000cal per day and I find around 4000-4500 works best for me. To be honest my cutting diet looks reasonably similar just drop the carbs out a bit and I drop the cheat meals down to once or twice a week.

could u please give us a quick run down on your diet while u were bulking?

Sure. An average would look like

7AM - Double Protein Shake / Cup Oats / Banana

10AM - 300g steak or chicken breast w cup brown rice

12PM - 2 cans Tuna Lite w cup brown rice

2PM - 300g steak or chicken breast w cup brown rice

4PM - 10 eggs (6 whole - 4 whites only) - 3 pieces vogels

6PM - Double Protein shake / Cup Oats / Banana

8PM - 500g Steak or chicken or Fish w 2 Potato's and salad

10PM - Double Protein shake

And if I felt like I wanted it I would throw in cheat meals like Burger Fuel or BK.

I have tried all sorts of bulking diets from 2500cal to over 10000cal per day and I find around 4000-4500 works best for me. To be honest my cutting diet looks reasonably similar just drop the carbs out a bit and I drop the cheat meals down to once or twice a week.

Can see your daily food plan is working SG. Pity more BBers or would be BBers dont eat & train like you. What comp are you doing?

Thanks MuscleNZ. I never miss a meal, never miss a train and I'm always willing to try something new when I hit plateau's :grin:

I'm doing an IFBB show in Perth in march. Depending on how that goes I'm looking to do another one in NZ later in the year and if all goes to plan compete at the nationals in both countries (if dates allow it).

Thanks MuscleNZ. I never miss a meal, never miss a train and I'm always willing to try something new when I hit plateau's :grin:

I'm doing an IFBB show in Perth in march. Depending on how that goes I'm looking to do another one in NZ later in the year and if all goes to plan compete at the nationals in both countries (if dates allow it).

Hope Lee & Moe don't turn up & upset the Grahams again :pfft: Put up some progress pics if you get time.

Bodybuilders Motto.........Eat Hard, Train Hard, F--k Hard!

Hope Lee & Moe don't turn up & upset the Grahams again :pfft: Put up some progress pics if you get time.

Bodybuilders Motto.........Eat Hard, Train Hard, F--k Hard!

Will do man! Fingers crossed all the politics will be sorted sooner rather than later aye. My training partner wants his pro card but it seems like the Grahams aren't too keen to give them out :(