back and leg routines

trainlikeadog

What sort of rep range you hitting bro? What dont you do?

If you want some new exercises to cripple you.

Leg press for 20s, slow down, fast up, pause before lockout.

next set 20+ fast as.

Box squats, I thought these would be easier for me (knee injury) tried them and damn they take it out of you.

Get a bench and a smith machine, trial it out to get the motion right smith machines can be weird. Go down stop on the bench power up. When theres little energy stored after the down motion its a bitch to get back up again. Gotta fire those quads and glutes hard.

Follow up with plyos and jump squats till you cant :twisted:

Do not use the fucking smith machine for squats!!!!! that has go to be the biggest piece of shit ive seen on this site. period.

low box squats close med or wide, front squats, olympic squats, work up to a max then do some back off sets, 20rep squats, lots of heavy singles doubles triples.

for back try some of the olympic movements, powerclean hang clean hi pulls. Did hi pulls as my main exercise yesterday and have got the worst cramp in my rhomboids and traps. kroc rows ( get a heavy ass weight and rep till failure shoot for 20+ on db row) same with shrugs. Big fan of the basics, hit them hard and youll do good.

And dont squat on the smith machine

Perhaps for a full squat, but I wouldnt say the smith machine is bad. You can replicate a hack squat movement, and with the box squats ive been doing I feel its safer for an exercise im not fully accustom to, and I can load it up heavy, with no unnatural feeling at all.

Stop being a retard. Smithmachines put you at more risk of an injury because they fix you in a line of movement.

Oh and your not doing box squats. And if your gym aint got a squat rack change gyms.

this is true - it is a higher risk of injury. Its the as having shoulder problems, sometimes you can DB press, but not BB press, because you are locking your body into one forced plane of motion.

IMO smith squats arent going to make it easier on your knees bro, just easier on your stabiliser muscles.

just my 2c