Jennifer

Hi Lady's

I am new to bodybuilding and would like some advice on how to get started.

Want to change my lifestyle and body image. Can anyone give me some advice. I live in Christchurch so maybe someone can help or put me on the right track.

Cheers,

Jennifer

Are you joined up at a gym?

Hi

Yes I have joint the gym.

Cool, which one?

An awesome website to look at for exercises would be http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

I would recommend starting out with a 2 day split of upper body (biceps, triceps, shoulders, back, chest) and lower body (quads, glutes, hamstrings, calves) and choose 5-6 exercises for each workout, then finish off with at least 30 mins of cardio

Hi

I have joint the gyms form the council in Christchurch, Jelly park and can use the other 3 as well. I have a combo membership swimming, classes and the gym. Thanks for the advice, does anyone have any information about nutrition and how I will be able to lose body fat fast?

cheers,

Jennifer

I am a new beginner but am not in the position to be able to pay for a personal trainer. Do have some background to sport, exercise and nutrition as this was part of my Degree. But have no knowledge about bodybuilding and how to start.

You don't have to pay for personal training at the city council gyms, just book an appointment at reception (I would highly recommend Ron or Dave from Centennial). Just remember to be honest about your goals and either one of those two will point you in the right direction!

Thanks for the advice, does anyone have any information about nutrition and how I will be able to lose body fat fast?

Jennifer

Get your training plan, cardio sorted and nutrition under control - there are no 'fast paths' - just perseverence, determination, motivation plus add in monitoring so you know you are dropping the right stuff!

All the best - PM if you have any q's! :P

• 3 weeks later...

Got stuck in to it today but am really sore now and my arms feel like jelly. but feel more energized which is a good thing. Thursday my lower body workout. Does any of you have some advice on what you use after a workout to restore fatigue muscles. What would be a good pre and post foods/nutrition for when doing your workouts?