Growths Journal

Growth

nice workout. why not replace the pulldowns with weighted chins ?

Yeah ill need to do that soon. I need a belt to add some weight. You dod weighted chins right, what do you use to hold the weight. Ive seen alot of variations, alot of people even just use a rope. Im really looking for some king of beltr though. Any ideas?

my gym has a belt for adding weight. its a belt with a chain on it. i use it for dips.. also gonna use it for weighted chins.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Todays Workout

Leg Press

6pps x 12

7pps x 12

8pps x 12

8pps x 10

9pps x 6

Deadlifts

100 x 10

120 x 6

120 x 6

Leg Extensions (Quad)

90 x 8

90 x 8

96 x 6

96 x 6

Standing Calf Rasies

122 x 14

122 x 10

122 x 8

Seated Calf Raises

70 x 8

70 x 6

70 x 4

Good workout today. Its just so damn hot! Was especially pleased with the leg press workout, really went hard on these, although at the expense of deads, hams and ass were already shot :roll: Will start 1 legged Leg Extensions next time as weight is maxed out. Calves have always been a week point of mine, theyre fairy weak and dont look so good :pfft: Overall a good session. I may have cracked 80kgs too! Will check tommorow.

Todays Workout

Flat Bench Press

60 x 10

100 x 8

105 x 6

110 x 4

115 x MISS

Cable Flyes

30 x 10

30 x 10

36 x 6

Seated Mil Press

60 x 8

70 x 6

70 x 6

70 x 5

Arnold Press

25.5 x 6

26.6 x 6

28.0 x 6

28.0 x 4

Lateral Raises

21.5 x 8

21.5 x 8

21.5 x 8, 11.5 x 6

Skull Crushers

35 x 8

45 x 6

45 x 4

Cable Pushdowns SS Dips

66 x 8, BW x 8

76 x 6, BW x 7

76 x 5, BW x 6

Todays workout was pretty poor. Missed 115, then went to do some db press and couldnt do 41.5s, couldnt do 38.5s, couldnt do 33.5s so gave up on those and just finished with some Flyes. Dissapointed really. Shoulders were okay, no real improvement though., as with tris. Its unbelivably hot in the gym. The workout seemed pretty stagnent, no realy improvement anywhere. Hopefully next week ill see some more gains.

Todays Workout

Seated Cable Rows

90 x 10

90 x 10

96 x 8

96 x 7

Lat Pulldowns

84 x 8

84 x 7

84x 6

Chins

BW x 6

BW x 5

BW x 5

DB Bent Over Rows

47.0 x 8

52.5 x 8

52.5 x 8

57.5 x 8

BB Bicep Curls

40 x 8

45 x 6

50 x 5

Inc Curls

21.5 x 8

23.5 x 6

25.5 x 5

Hammer Curls

16.5 x 6, 8.5 x 4

18.5 x 6, 8.5 x 4

18.5 x 5, 8.5 x 5

BB Shrugs

140 x 10

160 x 8

180 x 8

200 x 6

Good workout today. Didnt seems as hot. Biceps are showing good strength increases as are traps. Back is alright but happered by weak forearms. cracked 80kgs today :grin:

solid training man. congrats on the weight gain.. if you wanna increase grip just grab the heaviest dbs you can hold and hold em for as long as you can. yeah it wasnt as hot today . much better. still my shirt was sticking to me by the end of the workout

solid training man. congrats on the weight gain.. if you wanna increase grip just grab the heaviest dbs you can hold and hold em for as long as you can. yeah it wasnt as hot today . much better. still my shirt was sticking to me by the end of the workout

thanks Jono :grin: Yeah i used to do farmer walks a while ago, and indeed i was thinking about doing them today, but by the end of the 2.5 hour workout it was time to rush home and get some protein in.

thanks Jono :grin: Yeah i used to do farmer walks a while ago, and indeed i was thinking about doing them today, but by the end of the 2.5 hour workout it was time to rush home and get some protein in.

damn that seems kinda a long time to train man. i train 1hr tops

Yeah it is an unusually long time to train for, some would argue too long. Most of my previous workout regimes were around the 1hour mark, maybe 1 and a half, but its always good to give your body something new to shock the muscles into growth. I will probably return to smaller workouts an a month or so.

Todays Workout

Flat Bench Press

60x8

60x8

100x7

110x5

115x3

Flat DB Press

41.5 x 5

41.5 x 5

Cable Flyes

30 x 8

36 x 7

40 x 5

24 x 12

Seated Mil Press

70 x 5

70 x 6

75 x 6

80 x 4

Arnold Press

26.5 x 6

28.0 x 5

31.0 x 5

31.0 x 4

Lateral Raise (1 arm at a time using straps)

21.5 x 8

23.5 x 8

25.5 x 7

SkullCrushers

35 x 8

45 x 6

50 x 3

Tricep Pushdowns

66 x 8

76 x 6

86 x 5

Nice workout today. Decided to actively increase the weights rather than try for more reps of lower weights. Best strength gain so far. Bench warm ups felt odd because lifting 60kgs felt like it was just the bar, no wieghts :shock: So i decided to go for the 115 and no do an extra set before, rather just another warm up of 60. It worked anyway got the 115 3 times. 140 looks far far away though. MAY try for 120 later this week. Impressed with shoulder gains and found using wrist straps when doing lateral raises helps alot because grip is no longer a factor. Was pressed for time near the end of the workout so skimped a bit on the tris. Overall well pleased though :grin:

That's some good weights there man. Do you use incline presses at all? I found they really helped my bench.

Thanks mate. Yeah i have incorperated incline presses into my workouts before, but usually i either do one or the other and for this particular cycle im doing just flat, seeing as how i want to bench 140 flat its probabley best to concentrate on that. For me personally, doing one of them usually doesnt help the other. When i was pressing 100 on the incline my flat was only around 90 at best :shock:

When i used to do 1 group per day then i found doing decline, flat, and incline to be effective however since at the moment i work chest, shoulders and tris on the same day i need to conserve my energy a bit.

I found doing incline really works your shoulders alot more too, did you find this?

I base my chest training around incline movements. If you have a thick upper chest, your pecs will look bigger overall. Tom Terry taught me that one.

He also taught me to tuck my shoulder blades behind, so you have more of an arched position on the bench. It takes a bit to learn, but my chest grew like crazy once I had it mastered. My weights went up considerably too. You look like you have quite wide shoulders so this may help.

Before that, yes I really used to feel my shoulders in this exercise.

I've never really gotten into decline movements.

great workout man. yeah its a bitch trying to actively increase ur weights.. its such a mental effort. i base my chest workout around incline press as well

edit: yes incline works your shoulders.. but just do your military press's etc and they'll be good to go! then you can build that upper chest :D

He also taught me to tuck my shoulder blades behind, so you have more of an arched position on the bench. It takes a bit to learn, but my chest grew like crazy once I had it mastered. My weights went up considerably too. You look like you have quite wide shoulders so this may help.

Before that, yes I really used to feel my shoulders in this exercise.

I've never really gotten into decline movements.

Interesting thoughts on shoulder position during the incline. I must say i havent herd of this before but it sounds interesting.

I think everyone has their personal favourites, incline, flat, decline, to me the all seem pretty similar, your still working out your chest :grin: Nowadays i use the different angles just as a change up so as not to get borded with the same workout over and over.

great workout man. yeah its a bitch trying to actively increase ur weights.. its such a mental effort. i base my chest workout around incline press as well

edit: yes incline works your shoulders.. but just do your military press's etc and they'll be good to go! then you can build that upper chest :D

I hear you mate :pfft: :pfft: :pfft:

The way I learnt was just to lie on the bench & squeeze my shoulder blades together so they were sitting on the bench. Whats it does is lock your shoulders in place so your chest is doing all the work. It felt weird the first time I did it because it feels like a different movement. But this is the number one tip I have ever learnt.

I will post pics when i get my ass into gear.

The way I learnt was just to lie on the bench & squeeze my shoulder blades together so they were sitting on the bench. Whats it does is lock your shoulders in place so your chest is doing all the work. It felt weird the first time I did it because it feels like a different movement. But this is the number one tip I have ever learnt.

I will post pics when i get my ass into gear.

Look forward to it.

Todays Workout

Seated Cable Rows

90 x 8

96 x 8

96 x 8

102 x 6

Lat Pulldowns

84 x 8

84 x 8

91 x 8

98 x 7

DB Bent Over Rows

52 x 8

52 x 8

57 x 8

57 x 8

Flat Lying Rows

50 x 8

60 x 7

70 x 5

BB Bicep Curls

50 x 6

50 x 5

50 x 5

DB Incline Curls

23.5 x 6

25.5 x 5

26.5 x 5

Hammer Curls

18.5 x 6, 8.5 x 4

20 x 4, 8.5 x 6

BB Shrugs

140 x 10

140 x 10

180 x 8

200 x 6

Good Workout. Decided to add aditional weight to the cable machine even though you arent allowed to, noone was around to see anyway. Also used straps on the lat pulldowns which made a huge difference, before i was limited my how long my grip would last - not any more :grin: Solid improvement from last back/bi workout.

Those are some pretty good weights you are doing there! I have never really looked at this section much. good work on the shrugs and bb curls. what are your stats at the mo, in inches if you know

good work man i'm impressed

Thanks mate. Currently my height is around 5'11" - 6'0". Weight the last tim i checked, which was a few days ago now was 80kg. BF id estimate at 18-20% Havent measured things like waist, chest, arms etc for a long time so dont know them of the top of my head.

Todays Workout

Leg Press

7pps x 12

8pps x 10

8pps x 8

9pps x 6

Deadlifts

100 x 8

140 x 6

160 x 4

Leg Extensions (1 Leg)

54 x 6

54 x 6

54 x 6

Standing Calf Raises (1 Leg)

110 x 8

110 x 8

110 x 8

Seated Calf Raises (1 Leg)

40 x 7

40 x 7

40 x 6

Swiss Ball Crunches

Roman Chair Leg Lifts

Leg Workout. Didnt really feel like going to the gym today but once i got into it i was away. No real increase in leg press. Deadlift increase. I went to one legged extensions and calf workouts due to maxing out the machined weights, tooka bit of getting used to but should see an improvement next time. Did abs for the first time in AGES, i dont really do much ab work but i should get back into them as they are a part of core strength.