In house bench comp

tinytraps

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just 150, you're so modest Harry~!

I used the calculator and while I can do 8 reps at 140 touch-and-go if I'm fresh, it says I can do 177.66kg 1RM :shock: reckon the pause sucks about 20kg from that 1RM so I'll be good for 150 too

Well I put some numbers in and it said I would be good for 210ish but I took away the net bullshit factor and brought it back down to 150 lol

just 150, you're so modest Harry~!

I used the calculator and while I can do 8 reps at 140 touch-and-go if I'm fresh, it says I can do 177.66kg 1RM :shock: reckon the pause sucks about 20kg from that 1RM so I'll be good for 150 too

Well I put some numbers in and it said I would be good for 210ish but I took away the net bullshit factor and brought it back down to 150 lol

Also said I'm good for a 156.9 soooo round that up to 157.5 yeah I doubt it

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Last chance yesterday to post something at the South Island Bench Champs. Opened with 215kg, passed on second to save some energy. Pressed 245kg on my final attempt but missed 2 to 1 for bar dropping. hard to see on vid but must have been my right arm. Not quite 262.5kg this year but feeling good heading into 2012.

Hard luck bro! What does bar dropping mean? To a noob the lift looks good?

If the bar moves down during the press then its a fail. Pretty hard to see on the video but if two refs saw it must have been something, but not much.

That sounds like a bit of bullshit man, I watched it over and over and can't see the bar dropping at all? Oh well.... :roll:

Hard luck bro! What does bar dropping mean? To a noob the lift looks good?

If the bar moves down during the press then its a fail. Pretty hard to see on the video but if two refs saw it must have been something, but not much.

That sounds like a bit of bullshit man, I watched it over and over and can't see the bar dropping at all? Oh well.... :roll:

^^^This

But don't worry Alf you're still my benching idol :pfft:

Awesome stuff! :clap:

^^^This

Strong this.

Refs.........pls go..

^^^This

Strong this.

Refs.........pls go..

It drops right before the push at the 11-12 second mark. He kinda starts his push, then stops and drops the bar (ever so slightly) then pushes a second time.

Last chance yesterday to post something at the South Island Bench Champs. Opened with 215kg, passed on second to save some energy. Pressed 245kg on my final attempt but missed 2 to 1 for bar dropping. hard to see on vid but must have been my right arm. Not quite 262.5kg this year but feeling good heading into 2012.

Nice bench mate :clap: What shirt did you change into for the last lift?

Nice bench mate :clap: What shirt did you change into for the last lift?

Cheers TT. Opened with 44 super kat and changed to a 42.