In house Deadlift Comp

Viking Power

Hi People I threw up a little challenge in my log for the usual suspects that read it and that comment but my training log has become a Womens Day Mag with alot of interest in this challange. :lol::lol:

Now to stop people from staying I will do it and not realizing what is involved here it is for the serious people, a few of us guys are sitting 250 - 260kg deadlifts which must be done in a powerlifting competition and a few ladies are hitting a 100kg... so as a training incentive I put this challenge up for bragging rights only which means alot in our little world, to see where it goes.

Men must hit 300kg in the deadlift in a competition any time though out 2011 finish date Dec 20th 2011

Women must hit 140kg in the deadlift in competition anytime though out 2011 finish date Dec 20th 2011.

It costs very little to enter a novice comp and I can help out anyone who is interested in entering a comp like when and where its going to be held... can't be a gym lift as we can hitch the weight and not lock out etc etc etc

So lift must be done in a comp situation.

So far People who want to use this as a training incentive are:

Men (380kg) (case by case elevation)

Nickoli

Men (340kg) who deadlift max is 300kg

Mike Zero

Men (320kg) (case by case elevation)

Tonka

Men (300kg) who deadlift max is 250 - 260kg

Big John

1st Update - 272.5kg Nov 2010 - W/BOP Novice Comp

2nd Update - 282.5kg Nov 2011 - CBC Gym Lift :shock:

Tongan Terror

Viking Power

1st Update - 260kg ( just missed) Nov 2010 - BBro :(

Nate

Men (280kg) who deadlift max is 240kg

Best Bench

Men (270kg) who deadlift max is 225kg

Ohjoshua

Drizzt updated move up a level smoked 250kg is aiming now for 270kg

update 2 - 252.5kg Auckland Novice Comp... 17.5kg to go

final update - 265kg Powerhouse Open/Bledisbro Cup - close but no cigar!

Men (260kg) class

Rookie

Men (250kg) who deadlift max is 200kg

Red Machine

1st Update - 225kg Nov 2010 - W/BOP Novice Comp

Tiny traps

Luigi

M.T

Men (240kg) who deadlift max is 190kg

samuelnz

Nicko

Men (220kg) who deadlift max is 170kg

SFS

Scrambledeggs

Men (180kg) who deadlift max is 160kg

tomleegolf achieved Sept 17th @ (WBOP) Zero Limits gym push/pull comp

Men Master Class (case by case elevation)

Teamfatboy (220kg) who deadlift max is 170kg

Ronin (210kg) who deadlift max is 160kg

Women (200kg) (case by case elevation)

SportsGirl

Women (140kg) who deadlift max is 100kg

Morattigirl

Ness

Please any one can join in below is the facts

The only prize is your the best out of the group and you get bragging rights and great improvement on your deadlifts within a year.

The only rule is it must be done in a comp and results can be posted for verification.

VP

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awesome VP some great incentive right there not even for bragging rights just for the betterment of our own training as you stated will be plenty for most of us!!!!!!

the way it should be....VP awsome write up brother...mine was just flung up real quick, this ones the way to go :clap: :clap:

Speaking for myself, I'd want it done in IPF-rules competition or at least posted with a video for verification.

Not that I don't trust other people's lifts or anything, but I don't trust other people's lifts :lol:

Id like to go with the video verification and must be accepted by one and all as acceptable i.e lockout and weight on bar etc. end of the day the guys going for this arent some newbies who wanna cheat themselves....

I don't think anybody would cheat or lie, TT.

It's just that there's form and then there's form, and what may be acceptable for some wouldn't be for others. At least if you go by IPF rules (bar can't move down, no hitching, must lock out completely, no dropping the bar, etc.) then everybody's on the same page.

That said, video should be fine to figure that out. Doing it in a comp would just leave less room for error :)

Hi Guys and Girls

Yeah I have no worries in you posting video's off your lifts for progress reports but at the end of the day, the one rule was simple....

It costs very little to enter a novice comp and I can help out anyone who is interested in entering a comp like when and where its going to be held... can't be a gym lift as we can hitch the weight and not lock out etc etc etc

The only rule is it must be done in a comp and results can be posted for verification.

It must be completed at a IPF meet I will post up 2011 calender in dec 2010 when its out.

"Just makes it simple and fair"

VP

Throw in a Masters' class, to separate the young novices from the geezers (or at least the geezers who've come to PL'ing late), I'd give it a whirl.

OK TFB,

What's your 1rm and and how much do you think you could increase your lift from now till dec 2011 and I'll come back to you with a target sound fair?

Nessie don't worry Auckland has a number of comps for Novice thought out the year so shouldn't be any problems getting to one, and if you are going I could even come down and help out to make sure it runs as smoothly as possible for ya so your not stressing out about minor details, its up to you.

VP

if Tinytraps and Red machine keep training like they have been doing for the last month or so, it looks promising :clap:

all the best to the guys and gals!

you-can-do-it.jpg

It would be great to see alright go hard people, now BJ raises a good point just want to make it clear if 2 or more people pass the required weight for there class the one with the highest deadlift wins :wink:

and if no -one meets that goal heaven forbid the highest deadlift wins that class, It would be cool to see progress video's as we go though 2010 - 2011 I will lead by example next time doing 1rm I will post it - Red Machine I will required your movie making skills in seven weeks cheers brother.

VP

OK TFB,

What's your 1rm and and how much do you think you could increase your lift from now till dec 2011 and I'll come back to you with a target sound fair?

VP

Sure does... my own deadlift 1RM from the recent Sheiko (not under PL comp conditions) was 170 (up 10kg).

With some help from the deadlift gurus (sounds like a visit to the House is in order) I reckon I'd likely clear 220 within 12 months. I'd like to think I could make it to 250 with the youngsters, but that's an 80 kg / 50% increase. Probably do-able :shock: :pale: :grin:

How's about a handicap - if I make it to 220, someone half my age has to pull twice that :pfft:

OK TFB,

VP

Sure does... my own deadlift 1RM from the recent Sheiko (not under PL comp conditions) was 170 (up 10kg).

With some help from the deadlift gurus (sounds like a visit to the House is in order) I reckon I'd likely clear 220 within 12 months. I'd like to think I could make it to 250 with the youngsters, but that's an 80 kg / 50% increase. Probably do-able :shock: :pale: :grin:

How's about a handicap - if I make it to 220, someone half my age has to pull twice that :pfft:

Done TFB,

That's a good increase by anyones standard mate 50kg :clap: Yes mate go see OB1 if I live in welly mate thats where I would be 8) and you can enter the BBro in Nov 2011 thats a good target good luck.

I'm nowhere near in the running to hit 140kg right now (and cutting til end of year, so definitely won't be making any improvements) - but will follow the womenfolk with great interest (and muchos respect!).

Doh, didn't read properly - 2011, not this year. Hmmm.

Yeah right, I'll never catch up the likes of Barbelle, Nessie, Vee and Morattigirl - but you never know :pfft: