14 year old looking for advice

eskrock

Priceless :pfft:

is that good or bad? haha

Good job eskrock. Try going a bit wider with your hand position. Guess what you are seeing on here is that people want you to start looking at your food intake. If you start eating more regularly & try & eat good wholesome food containing protein & carbohydrate in each meal you will start putting on weight & feeling much better in the classroom. You will be more focused & have energy to use on your sports & training. You are a very young guy & its not a great idea to push the weights out too heavy as your bone & muscle structure has not developed properly & you can have a negative effect on the bodies ability to grow in height if you overdo it. Enjoy your training. Maybe one day I will be seeing you at one of our Bodybuilding Shows :grin:

haha thanks for that mate, hopefully you will. im still not to sure wether i would be better getting into figure competing or bulk building. what would your opinions be?

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is that good or bad? haha

Good job eskrock. Try going a bit wider with your hand position. Guess what you are seeing on here is that people want you to start looking at your food intake. If you start eating more regularly & try & eat good wholesome food containing protein & carbohydrate in each meal you will start putting on weight & feeling much better in the classroom. You will be more focused & have energy to use on your sports & training. You are a very young guy & its not a great idea to push the weights out too heavy as your bone & muscle structure has not developed properly & you can have a negative effect on the bodies ability to grow in height if you overdo it. Enjoy your training. Maybe one day I will be seeing you at one of our Bodybuilding Shows :grin:

haha thanks for that mate, hopefully you will. im still not to sure wether i would be better getting into figure competing or bulk building. what would your opinions be?

LMAO Figure is Female Bodybuilding. You can do Mens Athletic or Go with the Bigger Boys when you get up there.

Shawn..you keep asking about diet tips...go to the top of the page and read bodybuilding for beginners under the resources drop down tag...you dont have a diet at the moment going off your post!...aim for 6 small meals a day...sardines on toast is a good filler...i have 10 raw egg whites...quick and easy but not recommended by everyone...salmonella risk but i have never had a problem and i grew up on them ...grandad was a professional boxer and swore by them...if i was you i would have weetbix and sardine on toast for breky...10am egg sandwich and a yoghurt....12..sald and meat sandwich...3pm..muesli bar and piece of fruit...tea...lots of common sense home cooking...cassserole..sheperds pie...stuff you know is good for you..lots of vegies and meat ..try to have more meat than usual...and keep increasing over time...I usually have more of what was for tea at supper...if you can do all that and threw in as many mass shakes as you can..buy a cheap shaker...mass powder and just chuck them down when you can...i buy 2 kilos and set a time frame to finish...ie ...2 weeks from purchase day...don't worry about fat at your age i think you want that...and its not fat bro its mass!....weigh yourself...take your measurements ...biceps...legs etc...STAY MOTIVATED

thanks alot. ive noticed tom seems to have gone a bit quiete now ae mate

I have been at the gym and preparing food.

Not bad Bro, bit of a bounce off your chest so thats cheating abit so i could not send the stuff based on that as it was not a true 90kg bench , but i will send you those fat burners as part of the bet ok.

private message me your name and address and ill courier tommrow so u will get friday or saturday.

after you recieve post that you have received on here and let us know what you think of them ok.

haha i wont lol atleast it shut him up i spose ae. he seems to have alot of critiscm to put out there ae

you havnt shut me up. it wasnt a proper bench press. i could bounce weight off my chest too. the bit where you bounce is the hardest part of the exercise.

i dont have critisicm, i was merely trying to help you before but how can you help someone who isnt prepared to help themselves.

hope mummy doesnt pack a fit when these pills show up on her doorstep lol

in saying all that, big ups to you. i didnt start weight training till i was 15 and couldnt even bench 30kgs.

well done.

Well done Eskrock. I think sometimes people are too quick to shout "TROLL!", so thanks for sticking around and posting that video for us. :clap:

Your first task has to be to start eating properly. In every mealtime you wrote "None", I want to see a meal. Don't worry about making the perfect diet just yet. Just start eating good food (not stuff with loads of sugar or fat) and you'll see good results from that alone. Make a start, then we can adjust it as you go. :)

Well done Eskrock. I think sometimes people are too quick to shout "TROLL!", so thanks for sticking around and posting that video for us. :clap:

Your first task has to be to start eating properly. In every mealtime you wrote "None", I want to see a meal. Don't worry about making the perfect diet just yet. Just start eating good food (not stuff with loads of sugar or fat) and you'll see good results from that alone. Make a start, then we can adjust it as you go. :)

will do, thanks alot for everyones help and support. id definitely have to rate this as the best forum ive come across, nobody realy seems to have much time for a 14 year old when it comes to this ae haha but you guys have proved me wrong. thanks alot

haha i wont lol atleast it shut him up i spose ae. he seems to have alot of critiscm to put out there ae

you havnt shut me up. it wasnt a proper bench press. i could bounce weight off my chest too. the bit where you bounce is the hardest part of the exercise.

i dont have critisicm, i was merely trying to help you before but how can you help someone who isnt prepared to help themselves.

in saying all that, big ups to you. i didnt start weight training till i was 15 and couldnt even bench 30kgs.

well done.

It didn't look like much of a bounce to me, if any at all. You see no pressure on the chest. But anything to get out of a deal right guns :pfft:

For it to count as a true bench you have to pause on your chest before pressing it up. It's to do with something called the stretch-shortening cycle, basically your muscles can act as a spring/elastic and store some energy to help press the weight back up. So to negate that effect you have to pause it on your chest for a second or two to allow that energy to dissipate, and then it truly is all you creating the force to press the weight.

Try it with 80k or so sometime, lower it to your chest and pause, then press it. I guarantee you it will be harder than just going straight down and up with the 80kg.

For it to count as a true bench you have to pause on your chest before pressing it up. It's to do with something called the stretch-shortening cycle, basically your muscles can act as a spring/elastic and store some energy to help press the weight back up. So to negate that effect you have to pause it on your chest for a second or two to allow that energy to dissipate, and then it truly is all you creating the force to press the weight.

Try it with 80k or so sometime, lower it to your chest and pause, then press it. I guarantee you it will be harder than just going straight down and up with the 80kg.

yeh the teacher pointed that out afterwards haha and i did it properly after that but i had no space left on my phone to record it again haha

well done.

ok im going to criticise because its constructive and will help you make better gains .....nice work on even lifting that weight firstly mate....

bro Im with tom on this that wasnt a proper bench in fact it wasnt even close to a proper bench you say you did it properly after that rep seeing as we are giving things away if you succeed I want to make you two sets of wrist straps if you can show me that rep with a momentary pause on the chest then press it up .....you keen ?????Look at some powerlifting vid to see correct techniquein fact tom can you find a link??let the games begin you could have a cupboard full of supps soon :-)

so based on what your saying, in order for me to do a 'true squat' I have to pause at the bottom to kill the stretch reflex?

so based on what your saying, in order for me to do a 'true squat' I have to pause at the bottom to kill the stretch reflex?

we are talking bout bench press here. not squat incase u hadnt realised afer about 3 pages of convo