14 year old looking for advice

eskrock

hey everyone, im 14 and im pretty keen to get into bodybuilding. im currently going to the gym two times a day an hour each time 5 days a week. at the moment i weigh 71 kg and can bench 90 kg and my goal is 100 by the end of term 4. im looking for any good advice on exercises that would benefit me, circuits, supplements, diets etc... ive been looking at superpump 250 and was wondering if you could offer your proffesional opinions on the product or other suggestions for me

thanks, shawn.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey everyone, im 14 and im pretty keen to get into bodybuilding. im currently going to the gym two times a day an hour each time 5 days a week. at the moment i weigh 71 kg and can bench 90 kg and my goal is 100 by the end of term 4. im looking for any good advice on exercises that would benefit me, circuits, supplements, diets etc... ive been looking at superpump 250 and was wondering if you could offer your proffesional opinions on the product or other suggestions for me

thanks, shawn.

before anyone else asks whats your diet like?

Hey Shawn,

First up twice a day for 5 days a week? IMO that would be considered over training. Don't forget your body will need time to recover and grow. As far as supplements like superpump etc I reckon hold off if you are still making gains. If your weights are going up and your putting on some beef then enjoy it, when you find you have hit a plateau and can't progress then maybe try some. The placebo effect if nothing else can quite often push you pass the sticking point.

Welcome to the forum, there are heaps of extremely knowledgable people here who will hopefully give you some feedback. Oh yeah, don't forget your diet is the most important thing by far....if you don't get enough of the right fuel you will be handicapping yourself right of the bat.

Have fun and good lifting.

Stef

Ps 14 is quite young and I am not overly sure what the theory is regarding weights at your age. Ideas anyone?

for starters, my diet varies as im still living with my parents, but i would say its pretty average to crap haha what would be some good diets? and weights at 14 ive heard heaps of ups and heaps of downs and there seems to be more evidence of the ups than the downs. and i havnt realy done much squatting or any of that stuff ae mainly bench. you all seem to know a bit more about all this than me so i was wondering what would be a good plan for me in the way of diets and workouts etc. i would also like to lose a bit of fat aswell haha what are some quick effective ways of doing so? i was thinking of supplements such as superpump because of the weight loss aswell as muscle gain.

thanks heaps shawn.

for starters, my diet varies as im still living with my parents, but i would say its pretty average to crap haha what would be some good diets? and weights at 14 ive heard heaps of ups and heaps of downs and there seems to be more evidence of the ups than the downs. and i havnt realy done much squatting or any of that stuff ae mainly bench. you all seem to know a bit more about all this than me so i was wondering what would be a good plan for me in the way of diets and workouts etc. i would also like to lose a bit of fat aswell haha what are some quick effective ways of doing so? i was thinking of supplements such as superpump because of the weight loss aswell as muscle gain.

thanks heaps shawn.

Forget superpump and invest your money in food and some books. There are plenty of BBing magazines at your local book store. Most supplements are over priced lolly water. Your 14 you dont need supplements.

Go for a run or kick a ball around if you want to loose some fat.

Are you trolling?

From wikipedia: In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2] In addition to the offending poster.

diet suggestions?? anybody? lol

surf the site, general chitchat and introduce yourself.

your 14 you shouldnt be dieting, pay attention in school and do some study, you got ncea level 1 next year.

even if we gave you some diet tips, whos gonna prepare your meals for you and buy all the food you need? if your parents were that keen to help you and support you cause they think you have a gift they would just take you to a nutritionalist.

so tell what you are eating now... and we will see if we can help.

well my meals varie, say 1 night i might have roast beef and roast vegetables and the next night i might have steak eggs and chips. i usually have red meat and white meat about every second night or so. i usualy dont eat untill i get home from school at night. i eat fish and chicken atleast 2 times a week and i have vegetables with every meal

so if anybody has any diet suggestions, food i should be eating portion sizes etc then can you please let me know. and i am only 14.

thanks

you been asked 2 or 3 times to post what you are eating so we can help, what foods u like. why would someone wanna spend ten minutes writing up a diet for u when you cant even take half the time to tell what you are eating, and then that persons ten minutes will turn into 20minutes because you wont like half the shit on there. how bout you read back through this thread and answer what people have asked then you might get some answers.

school time... 2+2 = 22??

so if anybody has any diet suggestions, food i should be eating portion sizes etc then can you please let me know. and i am only 14.

thanks

you been asked 2 or 3 times to post what you are eating so we can help, what foods u like. why would someone wanna spend ten minutes writing up a diet for u when you cant even take half the time to tell what you are eating, and then that persons ten minutes will turn into 20minutes because you wont like half the shit on there. how bout you read back through this thread and answer what people have asked then you might get some answers.

school time... 2+2 = 22??

I think you are wasting you breath on this one.......

Hi, good on you for wanting to make a change for the better.

Like has been said, read lots and leave out the supplements for now, they are expensive and you can guarantee you will get fab results initially without them.

Nutrition wise, protein is your friend, if you can keep away from the fatty food at night, well and good, I know its hard when mum serves you up heaps of spuds and fries, but you need to tell her you want more veg and meat and less fat.

During the day you need to fill up on a good carb type breakfast, eg toast, eggs, porridge, cereal, yoghurt, fruit (not all of that but make a choice). Bring in morning tea and afternoon tea, tins of flavoured tuna or salmon and some good nutty bread or crackers, or a protein bar if you get caught short. Also mixed no salt nuts are great, fruit etc. You may get abit of grief from your friends but hey, they will be asking you lots of questions when you turn out looking damn fine come the summer. Good luck. Also get some bodybuilding mags and start on some of the training programs. Whatever you do, you will be a success.