Harbour Fitness Queen St

Pseudonym

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Return to former glory :boohoo: lol...

Maybe return to the stage but depends on progress.

Won't get on looking worse / behind than the last time I was on.

aww ye!

do u go to revitalise now? lol

heard owners gay... so cant squat or do any exercises saftley

God no...not enough weights there...

harbour fitness wairau is shit. small and over crowded. think its a pre requisite to have no brain when u join too... going by wat some of the members in there are doing... its most over staffed gym and the most uneducated members.

Definitely turning into a money making enterprise instead of a quality gym.

harbour fitness wairau is shit. small and over crowded. think its a pre requisite to have no brain when u join too... going by wat some of the members in there are doing... its most over staffed gym and the most uneducated members.

Definitely turning into a money making enterprise instead of a quality gym.

That's not promoting the gym DD.

Harbour Fitness management will surely be pulling you aside on this one.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

They've finally opened the second floor of the gym

The new floor has heaps of cardio machines (bikes/runners etc) a big new room for classes and the worlds smallest bathrooms. They've moved all the Abs stuff there, but there are no weights or weight machines at all.

Very little change for the existing upstairs area which is a shame because it would have been nice to get rid of all the cardio stuff and really space out the weights, or put in more weights.

I've just started training at 6:30AM so space is no longer an issue for me now, but I'm keen to see it at 6pm just to compare.

Yeah, I was a little underwhelmed by it. I felt like a kid who's looked forward to Christmas for months, only to find it doesn't match the anticipation. :(

As Cameron says, this new floor may be exciting news for the spin class devotees, but not a lot's changed for the weight trainers.

I was expecting a significantly larger dumbell space. Previously they had a tiny 4x4m area. Now it's more like two 3x3m spaces. So it's bigger, but only just.

Hopefully the rest of the old cardio gear will soon move to the new floor, and they'll get some new weights machines. On the chance that this review will be read by someone in charge, here's my wishlist:

- Calf machines. Currently there's nothing, so anything would be an improvement.

- A proper lat pulldown machine. Not a fancy thing with levers everywhere, just your regular, boring cable-and-pulley lat pulldown.

- Another set of cable crossover stacks.

- A weight belt for dips.

- Hamstring machines. We've got a couple already, but there's not much choice.

- A broomstick. It's a big purchase, I know, but it would mean we can do stretches and GHRs (see previous point about hammies)

the worlds smallest bathrooms

Totally. If you thought the original men's bathroom was small, you should see the new one. You'd probably have more room getting changed in your gear locker. Harbour Fitness knew that the size of the men's changing rooms was already an issue - I just can't imagine what they were thinking here.

There are a few nice additions though:

They've got an extra set of dumbells up to 20kg, which should help ease some of the congestion at peak hours. And there are a few new adjustable incline benches (Hoist brand, I think?) which are very cool.

I really hope this is just the first stage of a progressive rollout of something bigger - but given we were promised this would all be ready by September last year, I'm not holding my breath.

Slogan for the new Harbour Fitness floor: "Oh, is that it, then?"