Gymboss Interval Timer

tonyb

Hey Tony, I've also been trying to source one of these I went around all the sports retailers in Tauranga and no one has them!!

I emailed the states and they've got one dealer who sells them in NZ

Valley Fit

Greymouth

valleyfit@slingshot.co.nz

Thats all the info they gave me, I haven't got around to contacting them yet so I've got no idea of cost or availibility?

What's the advantage of a Gymboss over a regular watch with interval timer? For instance, I think the Timex Ironman watches all have interval timers built in (mine certainly did).

I wanted one of these for crossfit type training eg. say 6 exercises for 1 minute each with a 10 sec break in between (objective how many rounds for time)

I know you can set these timers to do this, they'll beep after your minute (or however long you want) and then beep after your break etc etc

Is that the same with those Ironman watches Pseudonym?

Awesome little gadget to have, I bought mine 4 months ago from the USA really impressed with it, takes a little bit getting used to how it works, utube has video demonstrations to walk you through it all.Clips onto your shorts or trackies like a pedometer also has a stopwatch function.

Is that the same with those Ironman watches Pseudonym?

Yep, and you could store several different interval programs. Mine had a USB connection to the computer for easy programming, too. It was brilliant, but unfortunately a shoddy battery replacement left it without a seal, and it suffered death by rinsing. And Timex don't make that model any more. :cry:

Anyway, here's one with interval timer:

http://www.timex.com/Timex-Ironman-100- ... B00093DSIY

[slightly OT, but thought I'd add my 2c on the interval timer topic]

I recently bought an interval timer app on my iPhone (name is "Rounds" I think). I was thinking of forking out for an actual timer before I purchased this app, but it really does all I need, and has some cool little functions like it can pause your music when you rest - so you know when it starts back up its time to go - obviously variable interval and/or rest lengths, enter the amount of intervals you are doing etc etc. Have found it very handy for boxing drills :nod:

Awesome little app, and glad I paid the $1.29 (I think?) for this rather than a fair bit more for a physical one. Added bonus of not needing to bring anything else along with me for my HIIT training, as I use my iPhone for music anyway :)

• 6 months later...

HART Sport sells the gymboss interval timer online or you can phone their 0800 number. They are based in Auckland.

Trademe had some listed last week but i just checked and they must have sold out.

Usually around $40 - $50 from what i can see.

Hope this helps, they are awesome to use!