Sushi good or bad?

Margot02

Can anyone tell me if sushi is good or bad to have leading up to comp?? Obviously not everyday just on weekends?

No food is inherently bad Margot! Its the overall diet that is important, and if sushi is part of that equation it is fine - so no reason you couldn't factor this in as part of your everyday diet if you wanted (homemade sushi can be brilliant).

If you throw it in on top of a planned diet obviously it adds calories. Calorie crunch it & check what it does to your macro nutrient intake. If you want to eat it there is no reason you cant adjust your diet (assuming you know how or have someone that does this for you) and eat it.

Everything in moderation is good however, if your looking at cutting back on calories, it might interest you to know that they add sugary sushi binders to the rice and also in sushi balls alot of mayonnaise is added to the filling. But like you say, they are delicious and convenient in the weekends.

it might interest you to know that they add sugary sushi binders to the rice and also in sushi balls alot of mayonnaise is added to the filling.

Is that right?? That is interesting... Nope I didn't know that!

No wonder when I tried to make sushi myself it turned out like shit lol :doh:

maybe have 4 pieces one day on the weekend but only if you feel your body needs a little extra carbs (as you are dialing in for a show). Definitely avoid it if you are going to do fat burning cardio afterwards as the sushi will provide an hours worth of glycogen thereby canceling out your fat burning

what would be a good diet as a starting point? i am trying to get into shape to become a soldier

If you tell us your current stats and what you're doing training/diet wise(the forum pros like to know what they're working with), you'll get plenty of help. Start your own topic so your questions will get more attention and be easier to find. :nod:

• 2 months later...

I think the typical mall sushi isn't that great for you, because they make it cheaply and in bulk (so that sugary type of rice). But unless you're hardcore dieting at the mo it should be fine (I'm having some for lunch today!). I usually go for the tuna rolls (without mayo) or chicken.

If I'm not dieting I'll happily eat it once a week.