NABBA/WFF NZ National Championships

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NABBA/WFF New Zealand proudly announces the inaugural New Zealand National Championships to be held on Saturday 2 October 2010.

This will be our final show for this year following on from the Top of the South Champs in Blenheim on 4 September. It will be an official qualifier for the NABBA International Universe on Sat 30th October 2010 at Southport, UK & the World Fitness Federation Worlds on Sat 23 October 2010 in Graz, Austria (amended date).

Because this is our inaugural National Champs there will be no requirement to qualify from other shows. We will except athletes who have competed under other Federations in NZ or Australia providing they join NABBA/WFF NZ, complete standard entry requirements & abide by our rules & regulations. These are still currently based on those pertaining to NABBA/WFF Australia see http://www.nabba.com.au

The following catagories apply:

NABBA/ WFF NEW ZEALAND CATEGORIES

(Athletes may enter one category only)

NABBA DIVISIONS

Junior Men Under 21 yrs on 1st January of any current year

Novice Men - not placed 1ST in ANY contest ANY federation

Masters Men Over 40 yrs

Grandmasters Men Over 50 yrs

Men Mr Class 4 Height Below 1.65m

Men Mr Class 3 Height Between 1.65m and 1.72m

Men Mr Class 2 Height Between 1.72m and 1.79m

Men Mr Class 1 Height Over 1.79m

Miss Figure Masters Over 35 years

Miss Figure Class 2 Height Below 1.63m

Miss Figure Class 1 Height Over 1.63m

Miss Physique No Weight Restriction but must be over 60kg for

International Qualification

WFF DIVISIONS

WFF Mr. Athletic Teenage Under 19 yrs on 1st January of any

current year ( Height & Weight restrictions apply )

WFF Masters Men Over 35 yrs ( Height & Weight restrictions apply )

WFF Classic Men Over 60 yrs ( no restrictions )

WFF Mr Athletic Open Class 4 Height Below 1.65m Weight Under 67 kg

Class 3 Height Between 1.65m and 1.72m Weight under 74kg

Class 2 Height Between 1.72m and 1.79m Weight Under 81 kg

Class 1 Height Over 1.79m Weight Under 87 kg

WFF Miss Athletic Masters Over 40yrs ( Height & Weight restrictions apply )

WFF Miss Athletic Class 2 Height Under 1.63m Weight Under 50Kg

WFF Miss Athletic Class 1 Height Over 1.63m Weight Under 57Kg

WFF Miss Fitness Aerobics/Performance

WFF Miss Glamour Bikini/Sports Model

Further information on our website http://www.nabba-wff.co.nz

or from the following organisers -

Kingsley Hannah - kingsley@nabba-wff.co.nz

Richard Parnham - richard_mtrv8u@hotmail.com

Missy Ann Hawkins - rgbg_1111@hotmail.com

Dave Smith - davidwj_smith@yahoo.co.nz

Rodney Bailey - musclenz@yahoo.com.au

or International contact -

Graeme Lancefield

NABBA/WFF Australia President

NABBA International World President

graeme@nabba.com.au

• 2 weeks later...

With only 14 weeks to go till show day its getting down to the business end for most competitors :nod: . Meanwhile the NABBA/WFF Team are putting together the many aspects of running a National Bodybuilding & Fitness Show. We are staying with our venue at Kaiaoi High School despite some limitations of this out of town venue, we believe it will provide us the most suitable & cost effective facility at this time in our establishment. We are looking at additional seating compacity, improved stage lighting, larger back stage areas, big screen TV backstage & better acess to facilities like toilets & showers.

For those competitors that are planning on entering this event the entry fee will remain at NZ$80 & will include a NABBA/WFF Tshirt & DVD of the show plus a bag of goodies. If you are not a NABBA/WFF Member you can apply for membership at any time (NZ$50) by way of the member registration form on our website.

Registration will also again be on Friday night 6pm 1st Oct at Gymeez in Manchester street. Please ensure your details including Entry form, payment & Posing Routine CD is to us before the event. However, we will accept entries right up until the Friday night of the 1st Oct without penalty applying (because we are a very user friendly association :D ). All details of entry will be updated on our website in due course.

The accomodation providers will be at Terra Vive Appartments & Salerno Motel both in Bealey Ave in Christchurch City. More details of consession rates to follow.

post-2749-14166820670735_thumb.jpg

post-2749-14166820670959_thumb.jpg

post-2749-14166820671066_thumb.jpg

post-2749-14166820671265_thumb.jpg

post-2749-14166820671325_thumb.jpg

Hi Muscle NZ, thanks for the information, it clearly explains the details of the comp.

Just a question, Are you worried that having the Nationals on the same day as the other NABBA Federation Nationals will affect competitor numbers?

Hi Matrix as you can see nabba-wff are not worried about what dates the others are on and with what classes we have to offer that cater for all body types there should be a very good line up at the National. If you take a look at the other federation they have very limited classes and if you are a athletic competitor and looking at IFBB they well combined it into one class and the other nabba have tall and short were as NABBA-WFF have athletic classes for age, men and woman

WFF Masters Men Over 35 yrs ( Height & Weight restrictions apply )

WFF Classic Men Over 60 yrs ( no restrictions )

WFF Mr Athletic Open Class 4 Height Below 1.65m Weight Under 67 kg

Class 3 Height Between 1.65m and 1.72m Weight under 74kg

Class 2 Height Between 1.72m and 1.79m Weight Under 81 kg

Class 1 Height Over 1.79m Weight Under 87 kg

Thanks Allen,

Personally I compete at 179cm (81kg max) in Athletic Tall, so for a guy my height then, certainly the 179cm cut off (class 2) would be an attractive proposition.

I agree that having several classes offers all shapes/structures a chance to compete against similarly structured athletes.

I like the Athletic/Classic classes available in all three Federations, in fact I saw the NZFBB Classic Class at the Nationals and the standard was amazing(Aaron Noble, Dave Weeks, Chris Nel, Boris etc) however I feel their weight equation is just a little too heavy, IMO the NABBA equations(both) suit me better.

Best of luck to all Athletes competing, Christchurch seems to have a pretty big bbuilding following and some pretty awesome sight seeing to do before or after the comp if competitors stay down there for a few days or more.

Hi Muscle NZ, thanks for the information, it clearly explains the details of the comp.

Just a question, Are you worried that having the Nationals on the same day as the other NABBA Federation Nationals will affect competitor numbers?

I addition to AllenNZ's response Matrix, we offer athletes a means to continue on after our National Competition into legitimate International Competitions from both NABBA & WFF divisions. Sure as a competitor expecting to be selected to attend either the NABBA Universe or the WFF Worlds, you will need to be at a very high standard, but then you can expect to receive our support financially & with all your travel arrangements taken care of & you will compete at the world's top amateur competitions.

Wouldn't it be nice if some of us Classic class guys could do both feds! "Yes I know the rules :pfft: "

there is no rule that says you cant do both, it unfortunate but the NZFBB rule which is actually an IFBB rule (means we have to follow it) means you just lose your NZFBB membership. you don't loose any Qualification that you have gained to nationals, just means you have to re join the fed when you do your next NZFBB event.

Wouldn't it be nice if some of us Classic class guys could do both feds! "Yes I know the rules :pfft: "

there is no rule that says you cant do both, it unfortunate but the NZFBB rule which is actually an IFBB rule (means we have to follow it) means you just lose your NZFBB membership. you don't loose any Qualification that you have gained to nationals, just means you have to re join the fed when you do your next NZFBB event.

Thanks for qualifying this Mike as there is much benefit from athletes who are in competition condition to take on several shows leading up to a National Qualifier to get in some experience & work out their routines. Whether it is in different federations does not concern NABBA/WFF but for NZFBB an athlete is looking at repaying his membership fee each time he does this. How closely would this be monitored by IFBB? I would have thought the NZFBB could wavier this requirement without any real undue focus coming from your parent body.

Thanks for qualifying this Mike as there is much benefit from athletes who are in competition condition to take on several shows leading up to a National Qualifier to get in some experience & work out their routines. Whether it is in different federations does not concern NABBA/WFF but for NZFBB an athlete is looking at repaying his membership fee each time he does this. How closely would this be monitored by IFBB? I would have thought the NZFBB could wavier this requirement without any real undue focus coming from your parent body.

Come on NZFBB. get rid of that crappy rule and do something for the competitors for a change like Nabba/WFF is. Face it it's just a revenue gathering exercise as competitors can still compete and don't lose their National qualification.

The competitors are sick to death of heavy handed selfish federations.

I don't want to take this post of track of promoting the Show, but all i would say is that i don't completely disagree with some of the sentiments of the previous posts, but also BBing shows considering the effort to put good ones on are pretty cheap to enter. (i had clients pay nearly $70 to go for a run in the rain and mud last week in "Muddy good Fun Run" $80 i think to do the buller 1/2 marathon) i also noticed on my travels last yr. and looking at some of the shows in Australia our entry and memberships are in some cases only 30% of what you would pay overseas to enter a show. so a pain as much as it is i hope this doesn't distract from getting as many Mainlanders (and some from the little island in the north :wink: ) up on stage this yr. And lets hope that any "extra revenue" created ends up helping the athletes.

Hi NABBA/WFF promoters,

I'm just trying to establish what the height/weight criteria are for the Masters Figure?

Will they be the same as the Miss Athletic Classes listed above?

Any info would be great!

Thanks

Hi NABBA/WFF promoters,

I'm just trying to establish what the height/weight criteria are for the Masters Figure?

Any info would be great!

Thanks

Yes the height & weight restrictions will be the same as Miss Athletic Class 1 & 2 but it is likely that it will be a combined Class on the day.

Hi NABBA/WFF promoters,

Any info would be great!

Thanks

Yes the height & weight restrictions will be the same as Miss Athletic Class 1 & 2 but it is likely that it will be a combined Class on the day.

Hi Monty it would be good to see you come down and do this show and like what musclenz said it could be combined but if we get more girls to come along and do this class then things might change so if you know of other girls that are keen to compete in the WFF let let them know that they are more then welcome.

Thanks AllenNZ!

It sounds like it will be a great comp but I actually don't think that I can come in under 57kg (at 5'8"). When I first competed in 2005 I was 57kg but now I compete at 60+kg.

I know some chicks at our gym that may be suitable weight wise and I will make sure that they know about this show.

Cheers!

Thanks AllenNZ!

It sounds like it will be a great comp but I actually don't think that I can come in under 57kg (at 5'8"). When I first competed in 2005 I was 57kg but now I compete at 60+kg.

I know some chicks at our gym that may be suitable weight wise and I will make sure that they know about this show.

Cheers!

You can compete in NABBA Miss Figure Masters Over 35 years as there is no height & weight restrictions. We have a catergory for every athlete :D

True, I could, but I guess I liked the idea of competing in a drug tested federation.

So does NABBA no longer have that height/weight formula for maximum allowable weight in a Figure Class? (I know I would be okay if they do but just asking ;-))

True, I could, but I guess I liked the idea of competing in a drug tested federation.

So does NABBA no longer have that height/weight formula for maximum allowable weight in a Figure Class? (I know I would be okay if they do but just asking ;-))

Hi Monty sorry to tell you but its the other nabba that has that class. What is being run in CHC is the real NABBA-WFF and as for that other question there is no bodybuilding competitions in NZ that are being tested by SPARC and DRUG FREE NZ to my knowledge

Hi AllenNZ,

That's all good, thanks for enlightening me.

It is nice to know that there are options for the Athletes with so many different federations now.

I can't promise anything at this stage - it all depends on if I can diet down in time :wink:

Thanks!

QUALIFICATION PROCESS FOR NABBA & WFF INTERNATIONAL EVENTS

NABBA/WFF NZ in conjunction with NABBA International President, Graeme Lancefield, would like to advise any athlete competing in our federation, the criteria & qualification process to be able to compete & receive financial assistance into our main international events. NABBA/WFF New Zealand is now a registered affiliate country with NABBA International

1. Athletes must be New Zealand Residents & hold valid NZ Passports & be

current NABBA/WFF NZ members.

2. Qualification into & through Australian State or Regional Shows

will no longer be possible for NZ athletes.

3. The Christchurch Grand Prix in May each year will be the qualifier for the

NABBA Worlds (Brazil 2011) & the WFF Universe. Athletes may be selected

& funded to attend either Max's International Championships in Melbourne

or Max's Southern Hemisphere Championships on the Gold Coast as part of

of the selection process.

4. The later shows in Sept & Oct - "Top of the South" in Blenheim & our 3rd

regional show (2011 venue to be advised) will be qualifiers into our

NABBA/WFF National Championships to be held in Christchurch this year

& possibly Auckland in 2011. ( No qualification required for 2010 being our first year)

5. We anticipate selecting 4 athletes (2 male & 2 female) directly for

competition at either the NABBA Universe (60th Anniversary Celebrations)

in Southport UK or the WFF World Championships in Graz, Austria.

I apologise for this information not being officially available on our website where we are experiencing some technical access difficulties. I will be happy to respond to any questions that arise on this thread if appropriate or I may be contacted on my email musclenz@yahoo.com.au until out website is back up & running.

& possibly Auckland in 2011.

I presume we don't have to qualify for this year's Nabba/WFF Nationals as stated earlier?

& possibly Auckland in 2011.

I presume we don't have to qualify for this year's Nabba/WFF Nationals as stated earlier?

Correct. There is no qualification required to enter this years National Champs. There is a possibility that we may also waiver this for 2011 depending on the whether we have in place the leadup regional shows. We are not in the business of turning athletes away from any show at this stage. I just want to make it clear that if any athlete has aspirations of being selected for International Events then they must be competing at the CHC Grand Prix or the National Champs to qualify.