Never in a MILLION years!

paul2010

hi everyone,

in regards to my header - never in a million years did I ever think I'd be on these sorts of websites, and look the way I am today :oops:

Two years ago, I used to be 147.5kgs. Being just over the 30s (agewise) mark at the time, I always thought it was too late in life for me to ever get into muscling up, and that it was never going to be in this lifetime....and yet, here I am today - weighing 99kgs, and often have people writing to me for training and dieting tips - never in a million years did I ever think this was possible.

Since my transformation, I have coached others to become more conscious about healthy living and eating, and helping them gradually inject some physical activity into their day..even if it's taking the kids for a walk in the park is a great start! I have also become the health guru for our workplace, and have played a big part in promoting and initiating several workplace wellness initiatives for our department.

My personal training goal is to compete in bodybuilding, even only for once as it would make my story that much more amazing....to have come from one end of the extreme to the other. This site looks great in terms of all the advice, tips, help, encouragement and support from people with similar interests, and I'm glad to now be on it!

I've attached a pic of how I used to look a lil' over 2 years ago now.

Cheers,

Paul

post-7255-14166820538166_thumb.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Never in a MILLION years!

Posted by severe on Sat May 29, 2010 11:30 am

If that's you in your avatar, then great work in two years!

What were some of the things you did to get you to where you are today?

Hey Severe,

thanks for the question - I was still trying to get used to navigating through this site and setting up, as well as trying to load my before pic...what a mission, LOL! Avatar, hehe. This pics was taken in Samoa when I went back home for a visit, so thought I'd add an island flava to to it :lol:

I've been BIG for the most part of my life, and have tried and failed sooo many times with various diets...what really changed was my attitude, and it had a lot to do with reprogramming my thinking as well. It's a lifestyle for me now, and when people ask me - 'Hows your diet going?'. I'd tell them I'm not on a diet...it's the way I now eat, a complete lifestyle makeover so to speak. And it's really the little things, i.e. making the switch from dark blue milk to light blue, 1 teaspoon of sugar for my coffee instead of 3, changing how I cook my food, and of course - heaps of hours in the gym 4 to 5 days a week...replacing bad habits with new positive ones until they become automatic. Hope this makes sense..

Cheers,

Paul

It's okay Paul - I'd always just called it an avatar too. Guess I'm not down with the lingo either! :P

The difference between your old pic and your avatar is outstanding. You may never have thought you'd be on a bodybuilding site, but it's pretty obvious you fit right in here. Well done!

Hiya Paul - awesome work you've done, and good on you for making the change and sticking with it :clap:

I know what you mean about never in a million years! My wee brother was into bodybuilding about 18 years ago, and seeing his horrible bland diet and general obsessiveness about gymming (not to mention the horrible 80s/90s gym gear!) I never thought I'd be in a place like this either. Just goes to show you can never say never.

Good on you for aiming to compete too - that takes guts, but I'm sure it would be incredibly buzzy and rewarding.

Hiya Paul - awesome work you've done, and good on you for making the change and sticking with it :clap:

I know what you mean about never in a million years! My wee brother was into bodybuilding about 18 years ago, and seeing his horrible bland diet and general obsessiveness about gymming (not to mention the horrible 80s/90s gym gear!) I never thought I'd be in a place like this either. Just goes to show you can never say never.

Good on you for aiming to compete too - that takes guts, but I'm sure it would be incredibly buzzy and rewarding.

Much respect Chillicat - appreciate your encouragement and kind words. Thank you for sharing your story. It's always good affirmation and quite motivating when you can relate to other peoples experiences :nod:

Yeah bro agree mean looking bro :nod: too many fat Islanders around but we are lucky with our genetics and you just prove it right there :clap:

Malo aupito cuz. It is my passion to use any platform to help other islanders (and people in general) realise the many benefits of taking up a healthy lifestyle. For islanders, there's still alot of attention, education and focus required on our foods - everything in moderation I say. Can't eat like Sunday to'ana'i (lunch) every day of the week, eh...I still have taro 2 or 3 times a week, natural steriod they say :pfft:

Very mean guns uso! You have a firearms licence for those things :D - much respect!

Paulo

Well done man, well done indeed!

The gains you've made and the lessons you've learned should be shown to all the others out there who don't believe what determination, commitment and self-belief can achieve.

Take a bow - then crack on!

Speechless.... :oops:

Endless thanks teamfatboy

Chur bro, west wave will have to get bigger dumbells just for you soon cuz

hehe - those dumbells came a bit too late, have switched over to Wolf's Gym. Great motivation there with heaps of pros that are based there, and Wolf is a great mentor. A very well equipped gym for those that wish to take their training to the next level! Missing the sauna, spa and pools though :cry: